Josh Oglesby Cuts List to Four Schools

Also, the word out of the cities is that Oglesby is the top recruit on Tubby's list right next to Coleman.

I still think he's Iowa's to lose.

Why arent Iowa fans excited about Ogelsby?

It is not that fans aren't excited.

But, given our recent history with recruiting, and the lack of any success whatsoever on the court, how can you not have a bit of skepticism/pessimism as it pertains to recruiting?

Sorry, but that's just how it is to me.

No amount of excitement that Fran has generated makes me see any light at the end of the tunnel in the very near future.

I may be 40 years old before Iowa gets "mad again". And that's a ways off.

That could be the "turn" of things to come. Stealing a top recruit away from two programs that are better than us right now.

That could be the "turn" of things to come. Stealing a top recruit away from two programs that are better than us right now.

2?

I would say that all three SS listed are better than us right now.

Unfortunately, there are ALOT of programs better than us.

It is not that fans aren't excited.

But, given our recent history with recruiting, and the lack of any success whatsoever on the court, how can you not have a bit of skepticism/pessimism as it pertains to recruiting?

Sorry, but that's just how it is to me.

No amount of excitement that Fran has generated makes me see any light at the end of the tunnel in the very near future.

I may be 40 years old before Iowa gets "mad again". And that's a ways off.

I disagree with you, Iowa has a good core group of players that will be around for a couple seasons. That means a lot of experience, Iowa needs to add players that compliment what they have. All I mean, is that right now, Iowa has glaring needs in the frontcourt becasue there is little depth and if you believe what you read, Iowa will loose Archie as well as Cole when this season is over. That leaves Basabe and Brommer as the only scholarship players in the frontcourt, today. That could change with the addition of whoever Iowa gets in the 2011 class. I would be okay with Brommer and Basabe being the starters and players like Katenda, Lawson, McDonald or whomever is brought in that can provide immediate depth and a rotation. If and it is a big if, that happens, Iowa signs three frontcourt players in the coming class, Iowa could make real noise in the Big Ten and make a run at the NCAA tournament with all the experience and a real roster and the huge looses that are going to happen after this basketball season with this senior class. What Iowa needs is depth and a bench that can contribute.

I disagree with you, Iowa has a good core group of players that will be around for a couple seasons. That means a lot of experience, Iowa needs to add players that compliment what they have. All I mean, is that right now, Iowa has glaring needs in the frontcourt becasue there is little depth and if you believe what you read, Iowa will loose Archie as well as Cole when this season is over. That leaves Basabe and Brommer as the only scholarship players in the frontcourt, today. That could change with the addition of whoever Iowa gets in the 2011 class. I would be okay with Brommer and Basabe being the starters and players like Katenda, Lawson, McDonald or whomever is brought in that can provide immediate depth and a rotation. If and it is a big if, that happens, Iowa signs three frontcourt players in the coming class, Iowa could make real noise in the Big Ten and make a run at the NCAA tournament with all the experience and a real roster and the huge looses that are going to happen after this basketball season with this senior class. What Iowa needs is depth and a bench that can contribute.

That "good core group" has won a total of 23 games in two seasons.

Not exactly world beaters, are we/they?

I want this thing to turn around. But, it is not going to happen overnight, in one season, or two seasons.

It's going to be awhile. And that is sad.

Why arent Iowa fans excited about Ogelsby?
This is very typical with some of the people on this board. A kid from Iowa isn't good enough in their minds. It is really unfair to a kid like Oglesby. He has played and excelled against the best kids in the country and gets offers from MN, ASU, etc but he isn't good enough for Iowa. Sounds very similar to the comments that were being made about McCabe last summer and May the summer before. A team needs guys like Oglesby, May and McCabe who have skills and know how make a team a team and not a group of individuals. Ogelsby reminds me of a Bobby Hanson type player. Great shooter, defensive hustler, good passer. Iowa needs a player like Oglesby.

I would be pleased to see Coleman go to ISU and Josh come to Iowa... for sure...

Although, I think it's going to be a tough sell for Coleman to leave the cities.

Which Coleman are you talking about going to ISU and "leaving the cities"? Tubby is recruiting both Devin Coleman and Josh Oglesby. I've not heard that ISU is recruiting Devin.

[Never mind, I found Joe Coleman's info on Gopher Hole. Tubby is recruiting two Colemans at SG this year.]

Last edited:
Which Coleman are you talking about going to ISU and "leaving the cities"? Tubby is recruiting both Devin Coleman and Josh Oglesby. I've not heard that ISU is recruiting Devin.

[Never mind, I found Joe Coleman's info on Gopher Hole. Tubby is recruiting two Colemans at SG this year.]
Yeah, I was talking about Joe. Family ties up in the cities for him. Legacy recruit type of deal. Hoiberg had contacts when he was up there, so he has a chance. I just think Coleman goes to the U of M.

Latest posts