Josh Koeppels take on those that boo

Let's go ahead and get out in the open just how ignorant you and your ilk are on this. Fan does indeed stand for Fanatic. Here is the definition of fanatic....

Fanatic: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion
Fanatic: 1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal

Two different sources on the matter. I fail to see how anyone who boos their own team fits into this category. By the very definition of the word those who boo their own teams are NOT fans.

What you ignorantly refer to as being a fan is nothing more than boorish behavior by alcoholics or by folks who are emotionally immature/children.

LOL @ ignorant. Regardless. I guess I'd rather be considered ignorant than being such a pu$$y that I can't handle boos when I suck.

It doesnt take balls to get liquored up before a game and boo a bunch of kids/young adults who put their blood sweat and tears into representing this state, this school, and it's fans when things dont go your ******* way. Any sackless peice of trash can do that. It takes balls to watch that beating for four quarters and support them regardless of the score board.

It doesnt take balls to get liquored up before a game and boo a bunch of kids/young adults who put their blood sweat and tears into representing this state, this school, and it's fans when things dont go your ******* way. Any sackless peice of trash can do that. It takes balls to watch that beating for four quarters and support them regardless of the score board.

It takes balls for a guy crying about strangers making a noise due to crappy football to talk about what it takes balls to do lol.

THIS THREAD SUCKS!!!

images

It takes balls to watch that beating for four quarters and support them regardless of the score board.

You are a Cub fan aren't you?

This whole thread is a joke. The most immature person here ragging on others for being immature.

I am not a fan of booing, but whining about being booed is way worse. Maybe we should eliminate penalties too because it hurts the players feelings when they get in trouble. Maybe they can go to timeout and sit out a play instead of costing their team yards.

Yeah, you are confusing calling a spade a spade for whining. Im not telling Nyone they shpuldnt boo, or asking anyone not to, Im just laying it out there what they are.

But hey boat I aont asking you to take my word for it, listen to the interview, judge for yourself.

Respecting people you have never met just because they are good at football is just as douchey as having sports figures as role models. And getting up and leaving early shows just asmuch disrespect as booing
Controlling your emotions when you're that upset about what you're watching is as tough for some people as it is for duff to control his emotion on a message board. Booing and calling names on a message board is kindof immature but some people do it.

LOL I cant think of a single time I havent been able to control my emotions on a message board here or anywherr else.

Josh Koeppel's mad? He can have a seat.

They deserved whatever the fans dished on them after that performance...at least the fans were still there at the half to boo. These are men, and like others have said...we send people younger than them into war torn battle zones...I'm pretty sure they can handle boo's when they are playing like crap.

People these days are unreal...and all you fans that were mad at PSU for throwing when they were up 30? Here's an idea...stop them Iowa...

People these days are unreal...and all you fans that were mad at PSU for throwing when they were up 30? Here's an idea...stop them Iowa...

I was hoping they would keep pouring it on. Unfotunately they pulled back, and let our 1st team score against their 3rd team so now Ferentz thinks he made the right move for leaving JVB in.

It is ironic that a few months ago the discussion was whether Iowa fans would boo the Penn State team because of the scandal.......

.....well the booing happened but in a much different direction. Who woulda thought?

Think of how many positives come with being a Division 1 college football player:

1. Full-ride academic scholarship
2. Free room and board
3. Free food
4. Tons of help with their homework
5. Top athletic training in the world, including access to the best training apparel
6. Opportunities to travel all over the country and stay in nice hotels
7. Access to premium training facilities
8. An opportunity to work their way to the next level
9. The love and adoration of thousands of fans
10. Celebrity status in Iowa City
11. Access to premium women… blondes, brunettes, redheads, midgets, fat girls, and whatever else that may tickle their fancy

And to think some of you are making a big deal about some fans booing the team because they put forth a garbage effort and got embarrassed on national television… give me a break. Cry me a river Duff. I was in the military at the age of 17 and had a drill sergeant breathing down my neck. These “kids” as you’re insinuating, are blessed with the god given talent that allows them to play big time college football. They get a lot of things handed to them because of that. There are a thousand more positives in their situation than negatives. If they can’t handle a little booing because their performance sucks then they can hand in their scholarship and go live in their parent’s basement. It’s not a matter of respect. It’s called tough love. Booing is a fanatics way of telling the team the fans aren’t happy with the lackluster display that was put in front of them.

As someone said before, fans are fanatics. That’s where the word “fan” comes from. Fans pay a lot of money and devote a lot of time to watch their team play. If it wasn’t for these fans then the coaches and players wouldn’t be in the situation they are in. If anyone’s feelings are hurt then they need to grow a pair. Funny thing is I doubt the players care one bit that they were booed because they know they deserved it. Vandenberg might have just said that because according to Duff he "had to say that". That's a cop-out. It's more likely that he said it because that's what he truly thinks. They played like absolute dog crap. They deserved it. Plain and simple.

Again, it's not about them. It's about you. I agree they can "handle it", but that isn't remotely the point.

Also, you sound incredibly butthurt-jealous of D1 football players.

The fans paid to go watch the players play and the coaches coach. They put forth a terrible effort and some fans let them know what they thought of it. Big freaking deal.

Of course I'm jealous. Who wouldn't want to play D1 football?

I was in Afghanistan when I was Vandenberg's age. That puts things into perspective pal. Listening to Duff cry about other fan's booing a worthless performance is comical.

Latest posts