Josh Koeppels take on those that boo

Hes on 1600kgym and www.1600kgymradio.com right now and is addressing those that boo. Its great radio and Ill link the podcast as soon as its up. It perfectly call out those who boo and calls them out for what kind of people they are and what their impact is for kids on the field. Before someone calls him out for being an example of the oussificstion of America remember hes the kid who got trucked (literally) while on a moped.

What a load of crap. What are the fans suppose to do? They were not satisfied with the results on the field, they let the team know it. If these players cant understand that, then they need to get out of the sport. The fans spent their hard earned money to watch a team perform on the field. If they feel like the product is not up to standard, then they have every right to let that be known.

JVB gets that if he doesn't answer the question that way then EVERYONE piles on the kid. The fact the question had to get asked at all makes me embarassed for everyone that was in attendance on Saturday.

Pretty sure everyone there was already embarassed enough by the product on the field...thus the booing. These aren't little kids, this ain't intramurals brother. These kids don't complain about all the love they get when things are good, so they can STFU about being upset that people are booing them. If it bothers them so much, they can grow a pair and get over it.

The last time I boo'd at Kinnick was last years Mich State game when Iowa was running hurry up and the fakers practically army crawled off the field.

Throwing stuff at players or shouting insults at them is not cool at all and way over the line. But booing.. It's just a sound to express displeasure.

Why is it ok to boo the coaches but not the players? Why is it ok to boo players who are getting paid to play the game, but not those who are getting a free ride through college to play the game? It only hurts feelings if they are not a coach or an amateur athlete? Right. Nobody is supposed to like booing, but it happens.

What a touchy-feely society we have become. Do you think MLB ball players that played the game 100 years ago went home and cried at night if they heard some boos at the game that day? This isn't going to be a popular opinion, but it seems to me like some people need to grow thicker skin.

If I had to choose between booing and apathy I'd take booing. That at least shows that people still care.

That's a good point, tuba. Booing is a display of strong feelings. I'm pretty sure Ferrets and his squad would be freaked out by a silent, empty Kinnick.
I mean, Kurt is one arrogant, obtuse SOB, but I'm quite sure he realizes at this point that the wheels have come off of his jalopy. Boos are to be expected when you roll over and play dead at home, in front of 70,000+ loyal fans.

What a load of crap. What are the fans suppose to do? They were not satisfied with the results on the field, they let the team know it. If these players cant understand that, then they need to get out of the sport. The fans spent their hard earned money to watch a team perform on the field. If they feel like the product is not up to standard, then they have every right to let that be known.

You are supposed to not go to the games if you are that dissatisfied. If you want to boo players you should go to pro games. Those guys are paid to entertain you. KC will give you plenty of opportunities to boo.

You are supposed to not go to the games if you are that dissatisfied. If you want to boo players you should go to pro games. Those guys are paid to entertain you. KC will give you plenty of opportunities to boo.

These players do get paid to play. It's in the form of a scholarship that pays their tuition, books, housing and food.

Having fans that show emotion and want to see a good product is better than having no fans at all.

If I had to choose between booing and apathy I'd take booing. That at least shows that people still care.

Not gonna lie, I was shocked to see how much emotion was still in the stands in the 4th quarter because I had thrown in the towel long before that.

These players do get paid to play. It's in the form of a scholarship that pays their tuition, books, housing and food.

Having fans that show emotion and want to see a good product is better than having no fans at all.

I disagree with your premise. These are amateur athletes. Not professional athletes. In any case , I'll be watching them at home and , I guess, you will be at Kinnick booing.

I disagree with your premise. These are amateur athletes. Not professional athletes. In any case , I'll be watching them at home and , I guess, you will be at Kinnick booing.

You disagree that they get a scholarship that pays for their tuition, housing, books, food?

You disagree that they get a scholarship that pays for their tuition, housing, books, food?

No of course not. I disagree that this makes them the equivalent of professional athletes that fans can boo like onewould boo the Chiefs.

I disagree with the premise that it's ok to boo professional athletes, but it is not ok to boo scholarship athletes. To me, it's all or none. It shouldn't matter whether a player is getting a paycheck or not.

Yeah I know - pro athletes are paid to entertain us. College athletes are not there to entertain us? If not, then why do they play the games in front of 70,000 fans instead of playing the games in a closed setting where no one can watch? Why are the games televised if it not to entertain those who watch?

No of course not. I disagree that this makes them the equivalent of professional athletes that fans can boo like onewould boo the Chiefs.

So since they are on scholarship instead of receiving a paycheck, then fans can not boo them?

These kids only get a scholarship because of the fans. The fans have every right to voice their displeasure with the product they are supporting. When things are going well they cheer,when they are not they boo. If a player gets his feelings hurt because the fans were booing due to the product on the field sucking; than that is on the player not the fans.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I wouldn't boo, because when it gets that bad I mostly just get bummed and start joking around with the people around me.

However, the reality is that people spend hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of dollars to attend these games. Whether we like it or not, these kids may not be paid in the same way the Chiefs players are, college football teams are charging Chiefs level prices (actually, it's more than Chiefs level prices).

These guys aren't pros, but this isn't high school anymore with 5 dollar admission and 1 dollar hot dogs. This is big time, D1 football, with multimillion dollar coaches, Taj Mahal facilities, and tons of other perks for players. It isn't quite pro but it isn't amateur either.

This whole booing discussion is laughable. These are 18-22 year old men. The same age as the majority of men that we send off to war to fight.....often times becoming permanently disabled, either physically, mentally, or both.....or God forbid, die. These are not "kids", so please stop calling them that.

Furthermore - I hung out with a former ISU football player at a tailgate a few weeks ago, and we had a discussion about the replacement NFL officials. I said I felt kinda bad for them - that they were promoted beyond their ability to be effective, and that they were basically put in a situation on short notice where they are set up to fail. I compared it to a coach starting a 250 pound true freshman tackle and having the tackle be the scapegoat. That's on the coach, or the commish, in this case.

His response: They got their chance at the big show, they screwed it up, it's on them and he doesn't feel the least bad for them.

Now, we didn't talk about booing, but that would be a shocking level of inconsistency if he felt the same way as Koeppels.

Latest posts