Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

Wonder if Jordan will find a way to use this to his advantage. He could somehow spin it into an NFT opportunity and make a profit. Take his NIL agenda to an entirely different level.

If everybody had their heads on straight they would have gotten the bouncers and gotten JBo to pay for any dry cleaning associated with their suits and stuff.

But these are drunk dummies in a bar and that's not how people function in that environment.
There's probably not a very high percentage of college kids (especially when in a big group) who will tattle tale on a douche fucking with them at a bar instead of confronting the person themselves.

It has nothing to do with my Iowa fandom. Jordan was assaulted. It wouldn't matter if his name was Jim Smith and he played for Iowa Lakes Community College. Assault is assault. I'd side with who ever was assaulted and I would do that in any assault case. Jordan might be a douche bag, but at least he's not a felon who takes cracks at people out at a bar. That's way worse. Who really cares if he's a douchebag? I have followed him for 6 years on and off the court at Iowa. There's been way more good things about Jordan's personality that have come to light than the latter. If you throw all that knowledge out the window for hearsay internet fodder it appears it's not me who's not rationally looking at this situation

lol, you don't know jack shit you just read the same stuff all the rest of us do. Has he done some good things off the court? Yeah, but is it entirely possible that when he's drunk at a bar after midnight that he can act like a complete dick? He had to of done SOMETHING, even the biggest idiot wouldn't just go up to Jordan and assault him for no reason.

If there are witnesses that come out and say Bohannon was chucking ice at people, instigating people to fight him, threw a drink at someone are you saying that he should have ZERO repercussions for that??? You do realize that those actions are considered assault as well, right? Not as serious as throwing a punch at someone causing a head injury but still wrong.

There's probably not a very high percentage of college kids (especially when in a big group) who will tattle tale on a douche fucking with them at a bar instead of confronting the person themselves.

You're absolutely right. We're talking about a guy (regardless of who it was) getting punched at a bar. Not an uncommon or random thing that happens all the time.

I was aware of this incident before it was released from a few friends who were there that night. Jordan earned everything he got. He was throwing drinks on a wedding party from a balcony above and running his mouth to guys twice his size who were pissed off at him for throwing the drinks. He was not assaulted. He earned a punch. End of story.

My buddy and I once were dripping beer on Acie Earl's head in The Union while he and his posse were dancing below. They confronted us twice saying "Man, your drippin' beer on us." It's a wonder we didn't get our asses kicked that night.

Oh, and I had nothing against Acie Earl as he's always been one of my favorites. Stupid shit you do as a youngster and now regret.

Acie, if you are reading this, that was me that night! Sorry Bro.

You gotta think if jordan presses charges that the person he threw ice at will press charges against him. Hell I've seen people get assault charges for spitting.

lol, you don't know jack shit you just read the same stuff all the rest of us do. Has he done some good things off the court? Yeah, but is it entirely possible that when he's drunk at a bar after midnight that he can act like a complete dick? He had to of done SOMETHING, even the biggest idiot wouldn't just go up to Jordan and assault him for no reason.

If there are witnesses that come out and say Bohannon was chucking ice at people, instigating people to fight him, threw a drink at someone are you saying that he should have ZERO repercussions for that??? You do realize that those actions are considered assault as well, right? Not as serious as throwing a punch at someone causing a head injury but still wrong.

Did I suggest that I know jack shit? I don't think I did. I said others were taking some major liberties on things. I also said there's been loads of good stories about Jordan Bohannon at Iowa. I'm in the camp that doesn't just erase that based off internet fodder. Jordan is not facing any charges in this case and I'll put whatever you want down on it.

He hasn't been on Twitter since it happened which is obviously rare, I'm thinking he's really contemplating what he does from here on out.

Leaving the issue of the punch aside for a minute...

I follow Bohannon on Twitter, and he gets into chirping matches and he beefs with a LOT of opposing fan bases. And unfortunately he also starts a lot of it himself. He's got a looooong public trail of douchiness, and I don't think that he's ever really understood that that stuff is going to affect him for a long time going forward. You can't erase anything you put online. Maybe its just youthful ignorance, or maybe it's growing up privileged and never having to worry about consequences. I think it's probably a combination of both. I mean, if you post shirtless bathroom pics of your abs and a fake spray tan, grabbing your junk (yes, it's true), and then you do what he did this weekend, what the hell does he think is going to happen?

So...all of it was fairly benign goofiness until this happened. All of it was stuff that could be overcome by just claiming you were being a smartass or just having a strong personality. JB's terrible personality was for the most part limited to folks who followed Iowa basketball or people who had personal interactions with him.

But now........all bets are off. He's on the sports page of most major publications lying on the ground KO'ed after throwing drinks on a wedding party and taunting people, basically doing everything in his power to get beat up (which he did). That's bad enough, but there's also video of him begging someone to do exactly what he ended up getting. Whether we here at HN feel it was justified or not, judging by online response about 90% of the general public feel it was long overdue. Even droves of Iowa fans are out on facebook, twitter, reddit, forums, etc saying he's an asshole and had it coming. This is bad bad bad for Jordan Bohannon and I think he's probably realizing that now. I know that since he's essentially declared himself a social media all star, the longer he waits to come back on twitter the worse it's going to be.

JB is never going to make a dime playing basketball and mom and dad's money obviously won't support him his whole life. He wanted to make a name and a living for himself with his podcast and advocating for NIL rights of college players. Well that's all fine and dandy, but no matter what he does from here on out, he's always going to be known as the "do you know who I am" frat boy who got knocked out in a bar for getting drunked up and being a horrible dude. Add to that all the crow he has to eat now for his twitter outbursts, and his image is in huge trouble. As bad as it was before, this isn't going to be 100% fixable unless he pulls off some kind of grandiose mea culpa, but the problem with that is he can say whatever he wants but no one's going to believe him a bit.

Who the hell is ever going to take him seriously again about NIL laws when this is going to get brought up for the next 10 years anytime he makes any public statement? I don't know what his major is, but I can tell you there's zero chance I'd hire the guy in my business just because of the bad publicity stink he'd carry with him. Twitter is already full of "The next IC car salesman" memes, would you put that dude on your business staff if he had to interact with the public/customers?

He screwed the pooch this weekend--I'm pretty sure he's understanding that now and that he's got more PR to deal with than just this bar fight thing.

Excellent post!

Funny he fights for NIL. What business would take that chance with him?

It really is kind of a sad story, his fall from grace over the years. He came to Iowa and after his first year was kind of a fan favorite and of young kids............then he started opening his mouth over the years!

Now parents are instructing their kids to not use him as an influence. Woooof!

Didn't Eddie Horton, Roy Marble and another basketball player or two get into
a brawl in Downtown IC with a few wrestlers quite a while ago
Yeah I can't remember the details of it all and who else was apart of it but Ole Horton held his own was the jist of it lol. He was on a podcast with Pat Hardy awhile ago reminising about it

It has nothing to do with my Iowa fandom. Jordan was assaulted. It wouldn't matter if his name was Jim Smith and he played for Iowa Lakes Community College. Assault is assault. I'd side with who ever was assaulted and I would do that in any assault case. Jordan might be a douche bag, but at least he's not a felon who takes cracks at people out at a bar. That's way worse. Who really cares if he's a douchebag? I have followed him for 6 years on and off the court at Iowa. There's been way more good things about Jordan's personality that have come to light than the latter. If you throw all that knowledge out the window for hearsay internet fodder it appears it's not me who's not rationally looking at this situation
Agreed. And I have no time or respect for rumor and innuendo as sources to judge his personality. If you have specific proven examples of negative behavior, fine. Voice them. If not, well, you know…

Excellent post!

Funny he fights for NIL. What business would take that chance with him?

It really is kind of a sad story, his fall from grace over the years. He came to Iowa and after his first year was kind of a fan favorite and of young kids............then he started opening his mouth over the years!

Now parents are instructing their kids to not use him as an influence. Woooof!
Please name all the parents. Thanks.

Did I suggest that I know jack shit? I don't think I did. I said others were taking some major liberties on things. I also said there's been loads of good stories about Jordan Bohannon at Iowa. I'm in the camp that doesn't just erase that based off internet fodder. Jordan is not facing any charges in this case and I'll put whatever you want down on it.

Oh I'm sure he won't, he's a white star basketball player for Iowa. But that doesn't make what he did right and giving him a pass only fuels that type of behavior as he will believe he's above the law. Then again perhaps the knot on his head will make him think twice.

I don’t “need” proof. If you have it, voice it. If you don’t, shut up. Clear enough?

There have been plenty of people voicing it, IIRC a couple in this very thread. To me it's not big surprise that the all time 3 point leader at Iowa has an ego off the court, he's earned that, nor does it surprise me that he can act like a dick head when he's drunk.

Oh I'm sure he won't, he's a white star basketball player for Iowa. But that doesn't make what he did right and giving him a pass only fuels that type of behavior as he will believe he's above the law. Then again perhaps the knot on his head will make him think twice.
Are you Jordan's father?

Jordan Bohannon is the biggest basketball star in the state of Iowa. It's hard for a lot of people to deal with and makes him a target. By all accounts Jordan Bohannon is a great kid, guy and team mate. Anyone selling anything different is a douche themselves.

Jordan Bohannon is the biggest basketball star in the state of Iowa. It's hard for a lot of people to deal with and makes him a target. By all accounts Jordan Bohannon is a great kid, guy and team mate. Anyone selling anything different is a douche themselves.

By all accounts on the court he may be a great kid, guy, and team mate. We're hearing quite a bit that says different off the court. And there's nothing wrong with that. Who he is off the court doesn't change what he does on it, and vice versa.

Yeah, I'm with you. Some of the comments on this thread are crazy.

Whoa, let's pump the brakes a bit.

I hope nobody involved has long term physical damage from the incident, including Bohannon. Some of the comments on this thread are crazy, and I regret even skimming it. Lots of projecting going on.

A lot of college kids are jackasses on social media. And a lot of college kids - especially males - are jackasses around alcohol, especially when bars are closing down for the night. That's not a pass. Usually during college or shortly after is a good time to learn accountability, particularly as it relates to alcohol and how you can handle it (or can't).

Bohannon has his whole life ahead of him. Maybe he still needs to figure some things out, but most of us do at that age.
Bohannon's dust up this past weekend wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't have the social media history and douchey personality to go with it. And to the people saying "NO PROOF!!!!!" So everyone coming out over this deal (including Hawk fans) saying what an ass bag he is all 100% made up, lol.

Myself, the only thing I have to go on personally is a couple co-worker's kids' experience with him in classes/around IC and a fellow coach I work with who was in classes etc with him and saw him out at night. I guess I kinda believe what they say, especially that it's consistent that he's Mr cocky prick 100% of the time, and it's multiplied when he's boozed up and likes to start shit with people...and that it always ends up his friends haul him off or he whips out his phone for his social media. Add to that that literally no one seems to have a single good word to say about the guy who's interacted with him outside of basketball or Hawks-related stuff and I tend to believe his reputation is eventually (already started) going to catch up with him.

BTW, I don't want the guy to be permanetly hurt or affected at all, whatsoever. I I don't wish bad things for him. I just think that to some degree he's gonna have problems with this and he brought it on himself. That's different than saying he "deserves" it.

By all accounts Jordan Bohannon is a great kid, guy and team mate...
Come on man....

If you're calling me out for being ridiculous and can't see how ridiculous that statement is, something's wrong.

If anything about Bohannon is "by all accounts," accounts of people who know him are overwhelmingly negative.

If they weren't, you'd see a whole lot of people coming out and defending the guy on a personal level and that ain't happening. If anything it's the opposite. The response from most is, "well, you kind of had to expect that eventually..."

Latest posts