Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

Anyone remember the details about the football player charged with murder in 1980 for a bar stabbing (I think)?
It happened the night before the Ohio State game, that's all I know, and I have literally heard zero references to it for over forty years until you brought it up.

American Crocodile GIF | Gfycat
Unless you're James Bond. He just used about half a dozen croc snouts as stepping stones to escape to safety.

For what its worth some of the worst brawls I have ever witnessed first hand have occurred at wedding receptions. Loads of free booze and estranged family members are not a good combination. Then if uninvited crashers are involved......

Horton was involved for sure and Gable had to pull his guys out of the bars for a while.

Found this:

Lotta legendary Horton Tales

This is some millenial pussy shit - yeah people get in fights yeah.. punches ect.

But punching someone who is not looking at you is pussy ass bullshit - but acting like its tough makes me laugh.. what a bunch of idiotic bullshit.
Having been sucker punched while not even looking by a dude who I never met and had no quarrel with just cuz he must have not liked my face, let me tell you, it's no fun. Blacked out they say for about 10 seconds and came to and got into a wrestling match with the guy and bled all over his jersey. That being said if JBo was acting the fool he should have sure expected something or been ready for it. It's an experience that can be life altering.

Jeepers, such a white knight in shining armor. Maybe you should be the one to “resign.”

Now we get to hear your exaggerations for the next two years about how everyone in this thread thought JB should have been executed in the street instead, and how people saying he should have simply kept his mouth shut and not dared someone to hit him are actually committing assault themselves by having an opinion and should be thrown in jail for being baby-murdering cannibalistic savages unfit to walk the earth.

I trust you have called the proper authorities and I shall expect the local sheriff to arrive on my doorstep post haste. I deserve it, you know....
I'll pile on, same guy who called a 18 year old who chose another school than Iowa I'll paraphase, "A traitor to the state". Nuff said.

No, my son is a defense attorney. Actually very well could fly. And clarification, JB could be charged with 5th-degree criminal mischief if in fact the ice incident happened and NO WAY you can tell anything from that video.
Criminal Mischief deals with destruction of property in Iowa. So it totally would not relate to throwing ice at someone.

Nah, wait and see... if it occurred.

Or a likely outcome.... both on disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct depending on what Iowa laws state. Self-defense is not an option for the slugger.

You can see what happened on that video? Heresay?
Disturbing the peace isn't a charge in state law. It could be a local law in Iowa City though. Disorderly conduct would even be a stretch in this case because throwing ice doesn't really meet the code. Public Intox would be the charge that would most likely be given, but it would've had to have been charged while he was intoxicated.

Been reading this thread for 10 pages. Does anyone care about his ability to play bball for the U of I going forward? And vastly more important, his health and quality of life in the future? geez, give it up ppl.

Been reading this thread for 10 pages. Does anyone care about his ability to play bball for the U of I going forward? And vastly more important, his health and quality of life in the future? geez, give it up ppl.
I really wonder if it will shake him and he decides to drop off the team before the season even starts.

Disturbing the peace isn't a charge in state law. It could be a local law in Iowa City though. Disorderly conduct would even be a stretch in this case because throwing ice doesn't really meet the code. Public Intox would be the charge that would most likely be given, but it would've had to have been charged while he was intoxicated.
You can't just throw objects at people.

Last edited:
I would guess half don't care if he comes back. Sad.

I really wonder if it will shake him and he decides to drop off the team before the season even starts.
Reading reactions on social media could possible shake him. I can't imagine some dude punching him at a bar would have any impact on him wanting to play basketball.

The odds of him having his career ended over a punch are so low that most aren't even considering it, and rightfully so. It's a waste of time to worry about something with odds that low.

Latest posts