Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

I really wonder if it will shake him and he decides to drop off the team before the season even starts.
He hasn't been on Twitter since it happened which is obviously rare, I'm thinking he's really contemplating what he does from here on out.

Leaving the issue of the punch aside for a minute...

I follow Bohannon on Twitter, and he gets into chirping matches and he beefs with a LOT of opposing fan bases. And unfortunately he also starts a lot of it himself. He's got a looooong public trail of douchiness, and I don't think that he's ever really understood that that stuff is going to affect him for a long time going forward. You can't erase anything you put online. Maybe its just youthful ignorance, or maybe it's growing up privileged and never having to worry about consequences. I think it's probably a combination of both. I mean, if you post shirtless bathroom pics of your abs and a fake spray tan, grabbing your junk (yes, it's true), and then you do what he did this weekend, what the hell does he think is going to happen?

So...all of it was fairly benign goofiness until this happened. All of it was stuff that could be overcome by just claiming you were being a smartass or just having a strong personality. JB's terrible personality was for the most part limited to folks who followed Iowa basketball or people who had personal interactions with him.

But now........all bets are off. He's on the sports page of most major publications lying on the ground KO'ed after throwing drinks on a wedding party and taunting people, basically doing everything in his power to get beat up (which he did). That's bad enough, but there's also video of him begging someone to do exactly what he ended up getting. Whether we here at HN feel it was justified or not, judging by online response about 90% of the general public feel it was long overdue. Even droves of Iowa fans are out on facebook, twitter, reddit, forums, etc saying he's an asshole and had it coming. This is bad bad bad for Jordan Bohannon and I think he's probably realizing that now. I know that since he's essentially declared himself a social media all star, the longer he waits to come back on twitter the worse it's going to be.

JB is never going to make a dime playing basketball and mom and dad's money obviously won't support him his whole life. He wanted to make a name and a living for himself with his podcast and advocating for NIL rights of college players. Well that's all fine and dandy, but no matter what he does from here on out, he's always going to be known as the "do you know who I am" frat boy who got knocked out in a bar for getting drunked up and being a horrible dude. Add to that all the crow he has to eat now for his twitter outbursts, and his image is in huge trouble. As bad as it was before, this isn't going to be 100% fixable unless he pulls off some kind of grandiose mea culpa, but the problem with that is he can say whatever he wants but no one's going to believe him a bit.

Who the hell is ever going to take him seriously again about NIL laws when this is going to get brought up for the next 10 years anytime he makes any public statement? I don't know what his major is, but I can tell you there's zero chance I'd hire the guy in my business just because of the bad publicity stink he'd carry with him. Twitter is already full of "The next IC car salesman" memes, would you put that dude on your business staff if he had to interact with the public/customers?

He screwed the pooch this weekend--I'm pretty sure he's understanding that now and that he's got more PR to deal with than just this bar fight thing.

Reading reactions on social media could possible shake him. I can't imagine some dude punching him at a bar would have any impact on him wanting to play basketball.
Never know. He's gonna get more heckling and craziness at every away game than Grayson Allen and Brad Davison combined now. He knows it's going to be a distraction to his team as well. Now he's just a stooge to everyone but Iowa fans (and only some of those). I mean the guy has pretty much bet his future on his online presence with twitter and podcasts, and he lit a match to that this weekend. Is he gonna want to go on the road as a sideshow playing basketball? Maybe.

How does anyone know how Jordan is going to spend his life? He's not going to be able to live off mommy and daddy? People won't hire Jordan now because he was assaulted? He's a frat boy douche who had it coming? He might be done with college hoops?

That's a lot of painting between the lines and frankly if that's your take, you are a shitty artist.

He hasn't been on Twitter since it happened which is obviously rare, I'm thinking he's really contemplating what he does from here on out.

Leaving the issue of the punch aside for a minute...

I follow Bohannon on Twitter, and he gets into chirping matches and he beefs with a LOT of opposing fan bases. And unfortunately he also starts a lot of it himself. He's got a looooong public trail of douchiness, and I don't think that he's ever really understood that that stuff is going to affect him for a long time going forward. You can't erase anything you put online. Maybe its just youthful ignorance, or maybe it's growing up privileged and never having to worry about consequences. I think it's probably a combination of both. I mean, if you post shirtless bathroom pics of your abs and a fake spray tan, grabbing your junk (yes, it's true), and then you do what he did this weekend, what the hell does he think is going to happen?

So...all of it was fairly benign goofiness until this happened. All of it was stuff that could be overcome by just claiming you were being a smartass or just having a strong personality. JB's terrible personality was for the most part limited to folks who followed Iowa basketball or people who had personal interactions with him.

But now........all bets are off. He's on the sports page of most major publications lying on the ground KO'ed after throwing drinks on a wedding party and taunting people, basically doing everything in his power to get beat up (which he did). That's bad enough, but there's also video of him begging someone to do exactly what he ended up getting. Whether we here at HN feel it was justified or not, judging by online response about 90% of the general public feel it was long overdue. Even droves of Iowa fans are out on facebook, twitter, reddit, forums, etc saying he's an asshole and had it coming. This is bad bad bad for Jordan Bohannon and I think he's probably realizing that now. I know that since he's essentially declared himself a social media all star, the longer he waits to come back on twitter the worse it's going to be.

JB is never going to make a dime playing basketball and mom and dad's money obviously won't support him his whole life. He wanted to make a name and a living for himself with his podcast and advocating for NIL rights of college players. Well that's all fine and dandy, but no matter what he does from here on out, he's always going to be known as the "do you know who I am" frat boy who got knocked out in a bar for getting drunked up and being a horrible dude. Add to that all the crow he has to eat now for his twitter outbursts, and his image is in huge trouble. As bad as it was before, this isn't going to be 100% fixable unless he pulls off some kind of grandiose mea culpa, but the problem with that is he can say whatever he wants but no one's going to believe him a bit.

Who the hell is ever going to take him seriously again about NIL laws when this is going to get brought up for the next 10 years anytime he makes any public statement? I don't know what his major is, but I can tell you there's zero chance I'd hire the guy in my business just because of the bad publicity stink he'd carry with him. Twitter is already full of "The next IC car salesman" memes, would you put that dude on your business staff if he had to interact with the public/customers?

He screwed the pooch this weekend--I'm pretty sure he's understanding that now and that he's got more PR to deal with than just this bar fight thing.
Very well said Fry.

How does anyone know how Jordan is going to spend his life? He's not going to be able to live off mommy and daddy? People won't hire Jordan now because he was assaulted? He's a frat boy douche who had it coming? He might be done with college hoops?

That's a lot of painting between the lines and frankly if that's your take, you are a shitty artist.
The whole point of an internet forum is conjecture about shit we don't know will happen or not. This is going to be a tough hole for him to dig himself out of in a lot of ways.

You guys are really taking some real liberties here filling in some blanks with some real made up shit here.

Your reaction is equally full circle. Lately, you've been gone and show up to make a few cracks at posters and then disappear.

I do think this could cost him his 6th season. I do think he has to rebuild his status for after BB and yes he can do it. Is he even 24 yet? He'll never get a jail sentence. Maybe a token fine. The attacker, who knows. Likely no realtime and probation, but maybe not much.

It is understandable a number of people are done with him emotionally. However, it strikes me as odd they oft have patience for FM and his kids. Would you rather be MSU with people fawning over felons? Maybe if he didn't have a disappointing year that people here would be more forgiving.

I think he will likely still find employment in his future....if not for family connections and still being a former Hawkeye. But, I do think he needs to have a "clean year" if he continues to play basketball. No off the court distractions and twitter wars with fans.

But, I agree with Fry that is it going to be a hard image to shake from his life. Him lying there KOed the F out, will live on in internet infamy. He is also going to likely be heckled left and right on the road this year.

If he has a road back, it is not going to be smooth sailing likely. He is going to have to handle it like a gentlemen.

If I had to guess, it is 50-50 if he will be back after this bar fight.

I'm one of the ones that had no problem with him coming back as long as he was used right personal wise for the team. Now, I am wondering if him not coming back and Iowa losing a few more games will be better in the long run to avoid his distractions. I guess I'm kind of 50-50 on him returning as well. It will not break my heart if he calls it a day.

Last edited:
I think what Fry is missing this time is the old adage, any publicity is good publicity. Did anyone know who Paris Hilton was before that grainy sex video was released two decades ago? Nope. Since then that brainless twit has made her own money having absolutely no talent or value. She practically started the concept of being famous just for being famous.

Jordan is a divisive figure. But, at his soul he is very much in love with himself. He likes attention. He stirs the pot. He draws people into his petty arguments. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of Fry on this board. :)

My point is that the NIL thing was not about Jordan being Norma Rae for the athletes coming behind him, it was about him trying to be able to start profiting from his name now. So, I would posit that while Jordan is not happy about the way he is in the "national news," he is absolutely giddy to be in the national news. He will probably launch the "Foundation for Dicks Against Sucker Punches" in the the next month.

Your reaction is equally full circle. Lately, you've been gone and show up to make a few cracks at posters and then disappear.

I do think this could cost him his 6th season. I do think he has to rebuild his status for after BB and yes he can do it. Is he even 24 yet? He'll never get a jail sentence. Maybe a token fine. The attacker, who knows. Likely no realtime and probation, but maybe not much.

It is understandable a number of people are done with him emotionally. However, it strikes me as odd they oft have patience for FM and his kids. Would you rather be MSU with people fawning over felons? Maybe if he didn't have a disappointing year that people here would be more forgiving.

Him getting knocked out at a bar and him not playing next season is a major major stretch.

Jordan's been getting heckled his entire career. He feeds off haters - seriously, some real fiction going on up here but it's being fueled by a mod so whatever... just here to remind you all how dumb you guys get.

I know Iowa athletes, just like anyone, have a right to go places. But, the risk factors seems to go up in establishments like this after hours no...especially when said person is an Iowa athlete?

Yea, Jordan's mouth and I'm on a pedestal attitude and the Iowa City Ped Mall don't mix!

You guys are really taking some real liberties here filling in some blanks with some real made up shit here.

Would you take off your Hawkeye fanboy glasses for a gawd damn minute? It's entirely possible that the players we (you) love on the court can actually be a douchbag off of it. It is the internet and this is a public forum, this thing you do coming on here just to call people out is getting old. Yes there are people throwing out opinions that don't have a damn clue, surprise, it's the internet and that's what people do!

Where there is smoke there is fire and there has been WAY to much smoke surrounding Bohannon acting like a jackass in this bar. Did he deserve what happened to him? Absolutely NOT, but if he was throwing ice/drinks at people while trying to instigate a fight there should be repercussions for that. I don't know how even the biggest JBo fanboy can come on here and act like he's done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
You can't track someone down for throwing ice at you and punch them. I'm not even sure you can track someone down that punched you and punched them back later. I'm pretty sure that self defense laws protect you when retaliating against an immediate threat. It doesn't protect you from getting revenge on someone who assaulted you earlier.

If everybody had their heads on straight they would have gotten the bouncers and gotten JBo to pay for any dry cleaning associated with their suits and stuff.

But these are drunk dummies in a bar and that's not how people function in that environment.

If everybody had their heads on straight they would have gotten the bouncers and gotten JBo to pay for any dry cleaning associated with their suits and stuff.

But these are drunk dummies in a bar and that's not how people function in that environment.
This is something I don't get, did this all go down so fast that nobody couldn't have gotten a staff member involved or anyone that worked there couldn't see this going down? It's possible, it seems like the timing on this was quite long if he had the time to throw ice, antagonize people with his phone, and throw a drink on someone but I wasn't there. It's a shame that someone couldn't have stepped in and removed Jordan from this situation, even one of his buddies.

This is something I don't get, did this all go down so fast that nobody couldn't have gotten a staff member involved or anyone that worked there couldn't see this going down? It's possible, it seems like the timing on this was quite long if he had the time to throw ice, antagonize people with his phone, and throw a drink on someone but I wasn't there. It's a shame that someone couldn't have stepped in and removed Jordan from this situation, even one of his buddies.

Or anybody in the wedding party? That guy who threw the punch is going to maybe be in some major hot water. Everything about this is incredibly stupid.

The video looked like a Mormon wedding reception. With that type of a crowd he must have been running his mouth pretty bad which is not a surprise at all. I don’t think what happened will have any bearing on his future aside from the clowning he will receive on the road though. Be ready for Glass Joe signs and students wearing headgear JBo! The odds of this happening to a stand up guy for no reason at all in Iowa are close to the odds of Jordan playing basketball in the NBA.

Would you take off your Hawkeye fanboy glasses for a gawd damn minute? It's entirely possible that the players we (you) love on the court can actually be a douchbag off of it. It is the internet and this is a public forum, this thing you do coming on here just to call people out is getting old. Yes there are people throwing out opinions that don't have a damn clue, surprise, it's the internet and that's what people do!

Where there is smoke there is fire and there has been WAY to much smoke surrounding Bohannon acting like a jackass in this bar. Did he deserve what happened to him? Absolutely NOT, but if he was throwing ice/drinks at people while trying to instigate a fight there should be repercussions for that. I don't know how even the biggest JBo fanboy can come on here and act like he's and did nothing wrong.

It has nothing to do with my Iowa fandom. Jordan was assaulted. It wouldn't matter if his name was Jim Smith and he played for Iowa Lakes Community College. Assault is assault. I'd side with who ever was assaulted and I would do that in any assault case. Jordan might be a douche bag, but at least he's not a felon who takes cracks at people out at a bar. That's way worse. Who really cares if he's a douchebag? I have followed him for 6 years on and off the court at Iowa. There's been way more good things about Jordan's personality that have come to light than the latter. If you throw all that knowledge out the window for hearsay internet fodder it appears it's not me who's not rationally looking at this situation

Him getting knocked out at a bar and him not playing next season is a major major stretch.
Agree on that. Being that drunk and maybe being an instigator is the issue. Depends on what we don't know and what happens from here on out. For me, I'm thinking if he as that strong of an issue with alcohol, he may just walk away, either from substance abuse issues, wanting to get clean and so on. Wouldn't be the first Iowa guard to no longer be with the team with drinking issues. Maybe he's just a spoiled brat. Maybe it could stem from other issues. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it's fallout from the barnstormers. Maybe it isn't. Who knows.