Jon Rothstein (CBS) just talked to Fran... here are the tidbits

McCaffrey does the opposite of coach speak.

When we suck, he'll tell you we suck and when we're doing awesome, he'll tell you we're kicking @$$ and taking names.

Not only that, but he'll give concrete evidence on how we sucked, if we did and conversely he'll give you concrete evidence of how we did awesome.

Frankly, it's refreshing to hear a coach talk like that. Most times it ends up validating what you see on the court.

" ... whose Hawkes should be a major factor in the BigTen..."

Does this mean we are entering the season with some national hype? It's been awhile.

Wait....what? This is the first I've heard anything about an Aaron White transfer. Please tell me you're joking.....

I got a bit concerned seeing there was no quote from Fran re Aaron in the original post. Here's what Fran said:

McCaffery on Aaron White "He's incredibly skilled for a guy who's 6-9. There's no panic in his game. He's really worked on his mid range."

Relax SpiderRico. Whitey's not goin anywhere.

I've learned a few things from this thread...

Woodbury's relentlessness is relentless...

Fran's awesomeness is awesome...

OatesStache doesn't like cool coaches...

No, coach-speak is usually mindless jabber designed to make your players feel good about themselves and not offend anyone.

Francis does this is spades, but has a different style from Kurt.

I disagree. Although coach speak would be not saying much at all, it's generally regarded as downplaying your own team and talking up the other teams. That's my take.

I disagree. Although coach speak would be not saying much at all, it's generally regarded as downplaying your own team and talking up the other teams. That's my take.
Maybe someone can post the Wikipedia entry for coach speak:)

McCaffrey does the opposite of coach speak.

When we suck, he'll tell you we suck and when we're doing awesome, he'll tell you we're kicking @$$ and taking names.

Not only that, but he'll give concrete evidence on how we sucked, if we did and conversely he'll give you concrete evidence of how we did awesome.

Frankly, it's refreshing to hear a coach talk like that. Most times it ends up validating what you see on the court.
This!

Make Your own!
Relentless Woodbury | Meme Generator

25376556.jpg

In Des Moines they are calling Fran the Duke......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9PoUsRibtE&t=49s]Gene Chandler Duke of Earl - YouTube[/ame]

:)

Latest posts