Jon Rothstein (CBS) just talked to Fran... here are the tidbits

Take a pill and chill hawkfan33. It was a frickin joke!

It was a joke to start a rumor that probably the best all-around basketball player on the team is considering a transfer? No offense but you have a pretty strange sense of humor. Things like that can run wild online, whether they have any truth to them or not.

It was a joke to start a rumor that probably the best all-around basketball player on the team is considering a transfer? No offense but you have a pretty strange sense of humor. Things like that can run wild online, whether they have any truth to them or not.

wow.

Come on man, that's some classic humor right there.

Just kidding, basketballman is a huge tool.

25423479.jpg

I disagree. Although coach speak would be not saying much at all, it's generally regarded as downplaying your own team and talking up the other teams. That's my take.

Read this, tell me what he said that is substantial. All of this is just jabber. "We'll be good if..." "If this guy does this, then...."

McCaffery on Iowa "I feel really good about a lot of things. We've got so many options now. We can play either big or small."

McCaffery on Mike Gesell "He's special. He's mentally tough enough to be our point guard as a freshman."

McCaffery on Eric May "We'd really like to see him have a big time senior year."

McCaffery on Iowa's defense "We're not making any steps forward if we don't stop people. We didn't guard last year."

McCaffery on Devyn Marble "I've challenged him to defend. He's got to play at both ends of the floor if he wants to play at the next level."

McCaffery on Melsahn Basabe "He's got to be consistent. He has to put the time in that's needed to have a bounce back season."

McCaffery on Zach McCabe "He's our rock. Most of the time he's our most consistent guy. He's a throwback in a lot of ways."

McCaffery on Adam Woodbury "The thing that makes him relentless is he's tough as nails. He's relentless."

McCaffery on potential lineups "I'm constantly tweaking things in my head. It will get figured out eventually."

McCaffery on Gabe Olaseni "He's the person whose made the most strides. The question is, "Can he do it when the lights go on"?"

McCaffery on Josh Oglesby "He's a critical component. He's one of the best shooters I've ever been around."

McCaffery on Iowa's roster in their third year "We hoped it would be this deep. It's come together for us nicely."

Read this, tell me what he said that is substantial. All of this is just jabber. "We'll be good if..." "If this guy does this, then...."

He talks about players playing at the next level, players being special, et al... there's definite substance there.

I'm clearly not a seasoned veteran when it comes to interviewing/interacting with coaches, but I do it on occasion. McCaffery has the "IT Factor" in interviews and during pressers. He's terrific at the PR portion of his job, having a brother in the media certainly hasn't hurt him in that area.

I think Eric May has a great senior year. It was nice that Fran will not relent on
on this subject.
I agree that Fran is the is teh "Duke" in Des Moines too, ba bum, ba bab bum, ba ba bum,
ba ba bum.

That's pretty much what I saw at Primetime League. That's pretty much what I saw at Primetime League.

It's a great sign that Iowa now has options & can play big or small or fast. That will pay huge dividends in the growth of this program.

There is definitely substance there.

Fran is the ultimate interviewer. I love hearing our guy talk.

I get it, spank said before, Fran is a charismatic guy. However, despite his charisma, what he says is about as deep as a puddle, and a lot of it is laced with typical Fran hyperbole. I get that he has a ton of guys captivated, and you think it's genius because you agree with everything he says, but it is not substantial.

Latest posts