John Miller Keep up the good fight!

pistons

You cant let Licklitter get away with playing his kid.

You need to keep calling out the Nepotism on your show

I respect you for having the guts to do it today.

Now there is a new article in the Press Citizen where he says his kid deserves more minutes? What!!!!!!!!!!!

This situation is the first where my confidence has been significantly shaken.

I agree completely with this comment. The foundation shifted..

I'm very concerned with this Iowa program. More than ever.. I was fully on board with giving him 2 years. I'm not so sure now. Next years team must do considerably better.

This situation will go away when we have more options at PG. I want to believe he misspoke but I wasn't there to hear it.

Even I, who have gone from true believer before this season to skeptic now, don't believe Lick is being biased by playing his son now. He has no other options. If there's a reason to be unhappy with this situation--and there is--it has to do with failures in recruiting.

Even I, who have gone from true believer before this season to skeptic now, don't believe Lick is being biased by playing his son now. He has no other options. If there's a reason to be unhappy with this situation--and there is--it has to do with failures in recruiting.
That is exactly the point Freddy.

I agree. Really, Lick has few options. Now, maybe he overdid it on Saturday, but objectively, Lil Licks floor game has been decent over the last 6 games. The problem is the fact that licks recruiting/transfer issues have put us in this dilemma.
And, based on what Lick said today, it looks like Tucker will be back at Iowa for the next two years,so we really have a Payne/Lick rotation at pg staring us in the face for the next 3 years. That is not optimal.

I agree. Really, Lick has few options. Now, maybe he overdid it on Saturday, but objectively, Lil Licks floor game has been decent over the last 6 games. The problem is the fact that licks recruiting/transfer issues have put us in this dilemma.
And, based on what Lick said today, it looks like Tucker will be back at Iowa for the next two years,so we really have a Payne/Lick rotation at pg staring us in the face for the next 3 years. That is not optimal.

I don't think Ben Brust is optimally a point guard, but he is a much better option there than John L. If John is still playing meaningful minutes at PG next season (absent more unanticipated player attrition), then there really will be cause for questioning whether there's an issue of bias on the part of the coach.

I've got some issues with Lick, but I would be stunned if that turns out to be the case.

You cant let Licklitter get away with playing his kid.

You need to keep calling out the Nepotism on your show

I respect you for having the guts to do it today.

Now there is a new article in the Press Citizen where he says his kid deserves more minutes? What!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, if Barta tunes in, we'll be in for another coach sooner than we think. The travesty of it all. Thank goodness someone of significance is really shining the spotlight on this earth shaking development......

The thing about no other options..we've been here before with Lick...last year, his first year...and he said that the kids should want to be able to play 40 minutes...that there are 6 breaks per half with which to rest...so we never heard about resting players for stretch drives in recent years....we are only hearing about that now, this year...and the difference is he has a kid who is eligible to play.

I really hope its not favoritism...he'd be nuts to do that...but he has opened a shadow of doubt with the minute distribution on Saturday

Yes there is, you don't sit your starting PG who actually deserves to BE ON THE FLOOR and play your son more minutes who might be able to play at D3 and that is a big might....sorry lick is just flat out dropped the ball here....and hsi comments where he said Lil Lick should get more playing time should get big Lick shown the door.:mad:

"Yes there is, you don't sit your starting PG who actually deserves to BE ON THE FLOOR and play your son more minutes who might be able to play at D3 and that is a big might....sorry lick is just flat out dropped the ball here....and hsi comments where he said Lil Lick should get more playing time should get big Lick shown the door.:mad: "

Did you even watch the game Saturday? Fuller and Cole were in foul trouble very early. Cully was not playing well. Lick had no option but to play his son. Whether or not he played him 5-10 minutes too much is debatable, but maybe he was making a point to some of the other players. Bottom line, Jake Kelly leaving the program has left a void at PG. Cully is going to be good, but right now there are no other options but to play John.

"Yes there is, you don't sit your starting PG who actually deserves to BE ON THE FLOOR and play your son more minutes who might be able to play at D3 and that is a big might....sorry lick is just flat out dropped the ball here....and hsi comments where he said Lil Lick should get more playing time should get big Lick shown the door.:mad: "

Did you even watch the game Saturday? Fuller and Cole were in foul trouble very early. Cully was not playing well. Lick had no option but to play his son. Whether or not he played him 5-10 minutes too much is debatable, but maybe he was making a point to some of the other players. Bottom line, Jake Kelly leaving the program has left a void at PG. Cully is going to be good, but right now there are no other options but to play John.

According to the official box score, Cole had one foul.

The thing about no other options..we've been here before with Lick...last year, his first year...and he said that the kids should want to be able to play 40 minutes...that there are 6 breaks per half with which to rest...so we never heard about resting players for stretch drives in recent years....we are only hearing about that now, this year...and the difference is he has a kid who is eligible to play.

I really hope its not favoritism...he'd be nuts to do that...but he has opened a shadow of doubt with the minute distribution on Saturday

You are crazy... Your assessment is not even logical. If the team doesn't improve pretty significantly, Lick will be fired before John graduates and if John is seen as the benefactor of nepotism, he would likely get little to no playing time under the new coach in his Junior and/or Senior year(s) (when he should be at the peak of his abilities). Further, Lick has to see how fans and analysts are treating his son with animus simply because he is on the floor. You think Lick is trying to make his son the butt of jokes and accusations? Give me a break.

I really can't believe you are giving this credence. You wouldn't, by chance, be allowing your buddy, Rob Howe, to influence your judgment on this . . . would you?

I still want it to work. I think having to make a change from this style to another, would be a two or three year process. Unless you hired the right Davis...I mean, coach.

Wow--has somebody hacked Jon's HN account?

The question is did you even watch the game....Cole's box score has him having 1 foul...yeah i guess that is foul trouble....

Sorry lick should never get more than 4-6 min a game period he is just hurting the team out there, and for daddy, err i mean coach to say he now should be playing more....whatever just get rid of them both.

You are crazy... Your assessment is not even logical. If the team doesn't improve pretty significantly, Lick will be fired before John graduates and if John is seen as the benefactor of nepotism, he would likely get little to no playing time under the new coach in his Junior and/or Senior year(s) (when he should be at the peak of his abilities). Further, Lick has to see how fans and analysts are treating his son with animus simply because he is on the floor. You think Lick is trying to make his son the butt of jokes and accusations? Give me a break.

I really can't believe you are giving this credence. You wouldn't, by chance, be allowing your buddy, Rob Howe, to influence your judgment on this . . . would you?

No influence at all. I loved what Rob wrote because I agreed with every bit of it. I wrote something much stronger than what I posted, on Saturday (still have the draft in my admin)...and went in and edited after thinking of giving Lick the benefit of the doubt as I wondered if he was trying to send Payne some kind of message.

After talking with a few people this week, they don't know why he is doing what he is doing...so I am losing faith.

Perhaps big lick is upset by what the media and fans are saying about lil lick, i. e. WHO's piece about lil Lick, so big Lick has decided to play lil lick more?

Or maybe in big Lick's eyes, lil lick is the Big 10 guard that he has always wanted...and now has...

Latest posts