Jbo...

OK, I'll be the jerk. 2 minutes left. 8 point game..... You don't try and miss that. Nice gesture, but you just don't. Chris was terrific. He is the last that would want someone not to play flat out to win.

Perhaps the one benefit to a 3-14 season, to that point.

He said so in the post game. I'm not privileged enough to remember Chris Street, but I'd like to think that he would have rooted for JBo to make it. Still, kind of awesome that he made sure Chris kept the record.

I have such a new found respect for him. That's a record that no one wanted to see fall. I've criticized Jordan's game a lot this year, but what a classy move on his part. Well done, young man. And outfrickinstanding shooting tonight! (D was better too)

OK, I'll be the jerk. 2 minutes left. 8 point game..... You don't try and miss that. Nice gesture, but you just don't. Chris was terrific. He is the last that would want someone not to play flat out to win.
Always has to be a dick to say something like that

Yes and no. If Iowa is playing for a double bye or the big ten championship...yeah you gotta make it. The game tonight was literally for nothing.

Chris wouldn't have wanted him to miss on purpose. But Chris Street's legacy is all his parents have left. To know that a kid 25 years later cares enough about the legacy of a player who died before he was born has to mean a ton for the family.

You're not a jerk. I'm completely torn by it. It is a very cool thing he did, and Chris Street is a complete legend. But...man. That game wasn't over. I'm glad it worked out, though.

OK, I'll be the jerk. 2 minutes left. 8 point game..... You don't try and miss that. Nice gesture, but you just don't. Chris was terrific. He is the last that would want someone not to play flat out to win.[/QU

Some things are more important than a basketball game

You're not a jerk. I'm completely torn by it. It is a very cool thing he did, and Chris Street is a complete legend. But...man. That game wasn't over. I'm glad it worked out, though.

Bohannon had no choice. People were screaming Chris's name as he lined up the shot. You had to be at the game to appreciate it.

You know what have been even more classier? Lying and say that he genuinely missed it.

Seriously though, I agree with Gold. Chris wouldn't have wanted him to do that.

He said so in the post game. I'm not privileged enough to remember Chris Street, but I'd like to think that he would have rooted for JBo to make it. Still, kind of awesome that he made sure Chris kept the record.

By having the privilage to watch Street, he definitely would have. Just that kind of guy.