Jbo...

When JBo shot and missed it last night, I immediately groaned for him. The thought of him missing it on purpose didn't even cross my mind. Then the notion was suggested by the commentators, and I had mixed emotions. Since then I thought more about it and CMS never got the opportunity to shoot #35, which makes Jordan's decision that much more classy. The crappy part is that, had he made it, people would have been bitching about that too. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Unfortunately yup. I bet he'll get a chance to do it again. I think with Streets Dad saying what he did after the game I bet JBo goes for it now.
How cool is it that the Streets are season ticket holders still?!! It must be pretty cathartic for them to attend games all these years. It's such a great thing that the program even past the Davis years have kept their arms open to them as they have. Say what you want about Frans coaching. He's a class guy coaching some classing players. To keep Chris Streets memory alive is the main thing. The record is one thing but the fact all these years later he's still being remembered and revered is what matters the most to his folks.

OK, I'll be the jerk. 2 minutes left. 8 point game..... You don't try and miss that. Nice gesture, but you just don't. Chris was terrific. He is the last that would want someone not to play flat out to win.
Most posters on here already know you are a jerk, so carry on.

You're right that people would have bitched if he made it, but I've seen 2 people say it was wrong to miss it, and they weren't even addamint about it. When 95% of the population love the gesture, he's not "damned".

I have a hard time thinking people would have bitched if he made it. No doubt many would be disappointed to see Street's name out of the record books...but who could fault Bohannon for performing well.

I have a hard time thinking people would have bitched if he made it. No doubt many would be disappointed to see Street's name out of the record books...but who could fault Bohannon for performing well.

There were people tweeting him he should miss it. There would definitely be some people calling him selfish and crap like that. One of them is the same guy that said something about him missing on purpose.

Most posters on here already know you are a jerk, so carry on.

It's a tough situation period. Fran maybe should have provided more input. When a child dies, it is just hard. Now whenever the record is brought up, this circumstance will come to mind and you nor I can change that. I've been around a number of parents who lost teens or young adults. One parent lost their daughter 15 years ago in an accident the day after the mother stood up in church and told the congregation how thankful she was for the daughter. The next day, 80 miles from home, and not knowing the family was at the same place I was, the daughter was killed in an accident right in front of me. I have never experienced anything worse that seeing a mom that I knew right after the daughter was killed. 15 years later the mom is a total mess about it and runs from me as I was right there. It wasn't the mom's fault at all though she was driving. There was a chain reaction collision due to traffic stopping and they got hit by a guy going 85. I've spent nights taking care of a dying child so the parents could sleep. I've been around it more than most for some reason of fate.

Either way, the miss will be bittersweet for them. I personally would have preferred that he would have taken care of the miss before "the one" when a game wasn't on the line. That way, the record would seem more valid and the parents wouldn't have known one way or another unless he privately said something. I'm also sure they "loved" the gesture by JBo. But, it will always be bittersweet. Chris was a great Hawk. I've been far more supportive of JBo on here than a whole lot of you, so maybe you are covering your own poop some of you by acting indignant.

I would think they would be very honored by JBo's actions. I think they will always have a bit of heartbreak thinking the record might not be real and yet they would feel endeared. Death is never easy and life moves on.

JBo is a special player. Maybe Fran provided good leadership on this. Maybe he didn't.

Clearly being the manager on those various teams didn't make you as popular as you thought.;)

haha, yeah, I sucked ... no doubt about that. I started 3 years in every sport. Why you ask if I sucked? Because we barely had enough kids to fill any teams. I would not have even been a sub anywhere good. I just was indicating that I wasn't like, "picked on" before that.... or really after that, just about THAT. Which was really weird to me. Like kids were singing "Chris Street got ran over by a snow plow" .... in the melody of "Grandma got run over by a rain deer"... I am not looking for any sympathy in regards to this, I was a fairly tough kid and it pissed me off then and it still to this day pisses me off.

I could go around and "like" a post like this, just like TK does to anyone who calls me out...but ya see, I'm a bigger person. :).... Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.... and TK, that hurts my snow flake feelings when you do that.

I do agree with him tho, Chris would have wanted Jordan to beat his record.

giphy.gif
snow-clipart-animated-gifs-3.gif

haha, yeah, I sucked ... no doubt about that. I started 3 years in every sport. Why you ask if I sucked? Because we barely had enough kids to fill any teams. I would not have even been a sub anywhere good. I just was indicating that I wasn't like, "picked on" before that.... or really after that, just about THAT. Which was really weird to me. Like kids were singing "Chris Street got ran over by a snow plow" .... in the melody of "Grandma got run over by a rain deer"... I am not looking for any sympathy in regards to this, I was a fairly tough kid and it pissed me off then and it still to this day pisses me off.
Just busting your balls. It makes no difference to me if you sucked at sports or not.

I was thinking a lot about the parents....bittersweet either way.

Best thing is both have their name on it now, both great Hawkeyes and Iowan's. I think it is an even more meaningful gesture by Jordan because CMS was in the middle of the streak when he passed and never got the chance to extend the streak.

Best thing is both have their name on it now, both great Hawkeyes and Iowan's. I think it is an even more meaningful gesture by Jordan because CMS was in the middle of the streak when he passed and never got the chance to extend the streak.

That is an excellent point...

The "after having time to think about it" part is what stands out to me. Even tho we all thought about it before, but for some reason it's different now. It's a lot more powerful in hindsight than I ever thought it would be.

I'm glad he missed it. The game was not realistically at risk. And Chris' streak did not end on a missed FT. In my mind Jordan's streak is (unofficially) alive at 36.

Latest posts