JBo Reddit Thread Highlights

I guess I tend to see Fryowa as two seperate entities. One being that of a poster and one being that of a mod. I think he's been fair and consistent as a mod and never had issues with him as a poster. I'm just glad to have a site and individuals contributing to keep the boards active.

I guess I tend to see Fryowa as two seperate entities. One being that of a poster and one being that of a mod. I think he's been fair and consistent as a mod and never had issues with him as a poster. I'm just glad to have a site and individuals contributing to keep the boards active.

I actually find his posts as being quite objective and to the point and many times funny as %uck!. He's pretty harsh and to the point, but a lot of people can't handle that these days.

I actually find his posts as being quite objective and to the point and many times funny as %uck!. He's pretty harsh and to the point, but a lot of people can't handle that these days.

I've always got along well with him and like the guy lol. Maybe I'm the one that needs to take a step back and reevaluate things. I guess it all depends on mindset...if you're coming here for a good time and entertainment and see it as nothing more than a message board then you're probably fine with it.

Edit: I'll even go as far as saying that there really isn't anyone here I don't like. Just a bunch of random strangers hanging out wasting time. I got no issues with anyone.

I've always got along well with him and like the guy lol. Maybe I'm the one that needs to take a step back and reevaluate things. I guess it all depends on mindset...if you're coming here for a good time and entertainment and see it as nothing more than a message board then you're probably fine with it.

Edit: I'll even go as far as saying that there really isn't anyone here I don't like. Just a bunch of random strangers hanging out wasting time. I got no issues with anyone.
The dude in the past used multiple alts to attack. That wasn't fun. But now, yes, it's fun. He is doing a credible job. It's entertaining. Sometimes uses a nuke when a bb gun would do. He's one of the most negative posters on here and yet he clobbers those who are more and there aren't many. I like using this site as a relief from tedious financial computer work and typically fun. Don't care about other sites as I'd have to learn personalities all over again. Reminds me of the Ump who threatened to kick me out of a game against Danville back in the old days. Then like now I just looked at him like, what is that? He thought I tossed my bat in anger over a very bad 3rd strike after 14 foul balls and I just got it to the dugout and knew the left fielder would bring out my glove. The pitcher was unusually good for that area and had an era under .5 and it was the playoffs. Fry would have tossed me.

Last edited:
The dude in the past used multiple alts to attack. That wasn't fun. But now, yes, it's fun. He is doing a credible job. It's entertaining. Sometimes uses a nuke when a bb gun would do. He's one of the most negative posters on here and yet he clobbers those who are more and there aren't many. I like using this site as a relief from tedious financial computer work and typically fun. Don't care about other sites as I'd have to learn personalities all over again.

I totally get it. I'm seriously one of those guys that honestly gets along with everyone. The negativity on here from anyone doesn't ever bother me as I'm usually a F'ing ray of sunshine and way to much of a glass full type of guy, despite the fact I can and will occasionally post negative things.

The dude in the past used multiple alts to attack. That wasn't fun. But now, yes, it's fun. He is doing a credible job. It's entertaining. Sometimes uses a nuke when a bb gun would do. He's one of the most negative posters on here and yet he clobbers those who are more and there aren't many. I like using this site as a relief from tedious financial computer work and typically fun. Don't care about other sites as I'd have to learn personalities all over again. Reminds me of the Ump who threatened to kick me out of a game against Danville back in the old days. Then like now I just looked at him like, what is that? He thought I tossed my bat in anger over a very bad 3rd strike after 14 foul balls and I just got it to the dugout and knew the left fielder would bring out my glove. The pitcher was unusually good for that area and had an era under .5 and it was the playoffs. Fry would have tossed me.
Lol. I've never used an alt the entire time I've been here. That's way too much work.

You've accused me of that a whole bunch of times, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us which ones, and I'll post a complete IP login report for each and every one and we can go from there. You know I will, I've never said I was going to (or not) do something and not followed through. Are you not brave enough or are you going to give us excuse 3,297,344?

I totally get it. I'm seriously one of those guys that honestly gets along with everyone. The negativity on here from anyone doesn't ever bother me as I'm usually a F'ing ray of sunshine and way to much of a glass full type of guy, despite the fact I can and will occasionally post negative things.
No alts here. One thing I won't run from with a ghost account is what I post.

Ump was probably a Danville grad...Those guys are shady as hell lol. And I can say that being class of '97.

I have been a mod on three boards before. One of them probably twice the size of this one. The other is a huge fishing/outdoors board with about 15 times the traffic. There were 11 mods when I gave it up.

Trust me when I say that being a "mod" on HN isn't moderating. On the other bigger site I got paid $300 a month and had to spend a huge amount of time weeding out posts, spam, answering tickets, reports, DMs, etc. There's none of that here because the traffic is so low. But it's a hell of a lot higher than it was towards the end of the summer uprising.

The spam filters on this site are really really good, and there's so little traffic that I literally read every post that hits the board. If you post something here, you can be 100% sure that I see it. Might be a day or two, but I do. The only thing I've done that's even remotely moderating is to ban bots when they sneak through and post spam, and to warn/ban people about banned topics on the sports boards. I made that rule and created an OT forum and that's quite literally the only thing I've done. I don't get paid, I don't get scooby snacks from the owners, I don't get anything...which is exactly how I want it. To be honest, I'm just a poster on the site.

The complaints about "modding" are total cop outs.

You don't do it anymore.
Again you tried to ignore my question. Here it is again, only I updated the number of exuses to reflect your latest response.

You've accused me of that a whole bunch of times, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us which ones, and I'll post a complete IP login report for each and every one and we can go from there. You know I will, I've never said I was going to (or not) do something and not followed through. Are you not brave enough or are you going to give us excuse 3,297,345?

Fryowa's a pretty good dude from my accounts but yeah as far as his delegations as a mod I have no idea. I see it like having a pet tiger and I am sure HN higher ups likely see it the same way. Does a great job and looks great most of the time, but a matter of time before he bites their arm off. He just likes to stir the shit, call people names, often times get's personal. Calls em drunk. He said some really racist shit on here about Aleric Jackson #neverforget. He's a shit stirrer. Has his redeemable qualities too IMO. Just like the rest of us. I have no idea how he is as a mod. He's never moderated anything I've written so that's good.

Again you tried to ignore my question. Here it is again, only I updated the number of exuses to reflect your latest response.

You've accused me of that a whole bunch of times, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us which ones, and I'll post a complete IP login report for each and every one and we can go from there. You know I will, I've never said I was going to (or not) do something and not followed through. Are you not brave enough or are you going to give us excuse 3,297,345?
Brave enough...haha. Why would I ever trust you. Like I said it's past. I know you know what gaslighting is.

Maybe it's your accent giving you away?

1622066541037.png

If Fry had the same opinions as Huck AND was that big of I dick, I'd hate him (hate is a strong word). But since I agree with most of his takes, it's easier to look past the dick part and I kinda like him.

If Fry had the same opinions as Huck AND was that big of I dick, I'd hate him (hate is a strong word). But since I agree with most of his takes, it's easier to look past the dick part and I kinda like him.
Is Huck a dick? I don’t really see it I guess but we usually agree so that’s probably why I don’t see it.

This site would be dead if not for Fry. The crap that was being force fed on these forums chased off some really cool people and for what it’s worth, Fry kept it together and has been very fair and consistent. Give the guy a break!