Jake Rudock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the timing of this thread. He had the game winning TD for Iowa today in OT. Perfect throw with an unblocked DB trying to knock his head off.

Want to be clear - and on the record. I like Rudock. He is capable, solid.

I critique, not criticize. In the end he put us in position to win the game today and redeemed his late INT that took away a chance to win in regulation.

I don't get the timing of the thread either. He holds the ball to the last second...then throws the ball right to where his receiver is supposed to be to win the game. It was a great, great play by a young QB. Then you get these morons saying he's a game manager or can't run the passing offense. He makes plays on third down and in the red zone...what more can you ask for...and he's just getting some experience now. He's going to keep getting better.

Want to be clear - and on the record. I like Rudock. He is capable, solid.

I critique, not criticize. In the end he put us in position to win the game today and redeemed his late INT that took away a chance to win in regulation.

His INT was on a throw downfield on a fourth and 11 when they were out of FG range. Either he tries to squeeze one in or he throws underneath and Iowa doesn't pick up the first. Better for him to take a chance than to not give his team any chance of converting. That INT doesn't bother me at all.

His INT was on a throw downfield on a fourth and 11 when they were out of FG range. Either he tries to squeeze one in or he throws underneath and Iowa doesn't pick up the first. Better for him to take a chance than to not give his team any chance of converting. That INT doesn't bother me at all.

This is correct the int ends up acting like a punt based on field position. He was late with the ball but it was going to be tough even if he was on time. He gambled at a time and field position where gambling was the right call.

Had never run the IP search on OP...until now. Got no time for trolls. Next. (PS: Before you make a post asking who it was, don't. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts