Jake Rudock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm I agree with him. That makes for that one person.

That was no Vandenberg to McNutt zip it through 2 defenders in a 8 inch window on a slant as a (RS) Sophmore.

Ricky Stanzi Last Second TD Pass To Marvin McNutt - YouTube

Zip it through how many defenders? Do you even watch the games? 7 got 6 was all about McNutt telling OKeefe and Stanzi he knew he'd beat his guy 1-on-1 and then doing it. Stanzi's pass was way easier than Rudock's today.

Ricky Stanzi Last Second TD Pass To Marvin McNutt - YouTube

Zip it through how many defenders? Do you even watch the games? 7 got 6 was all about McNutt telling OKeefe and Stanzi he knew he'd beat his guy 1-on-1 and then doing it. Stanzi's pass was way easier than Rudock's today.

I'm talking about in the horseshoe you moron. Is that Vandenberg? Uhh no? Do you even know what youre talking about? VANDENBERG AS A SOPHMORE WHEN HE STEPPED IN FOR STANZI. You obviously don't remember the games.

Zip it through how many defenders? Do you even watch the games? 7 got 6 was all about McNutt telling OKeefe and Stanzi he knew he'd beat his guy 1-on-1 and then doing it. Stanzi's pass was way easier than Rudock's today.[/QUOTE]

Very true. McNutt had his guy beat from the snap. Made a big time catch. Rudock make a hella of a play there today and it won the game. I'll listen to people breaking down some of his over throws and criticizing his interception, but not on that OT TD. That was a clutch quick decision that paid off.

It was a good quick decision. The pressure was on top of him and he knew CJ's route. What more can you ask for in that situation? A qb with "no skill" probably throws it to nobody or gets sacked.

I agree, Rudock lobbed the ball over linebacker to the only guy that could catch that ball, a split second before uncovered blitzer tattooed his *** to the turf. Plus he’s done this more than once already. I think those that want a technically pretty throw are missing the point. Rudock may have some shortcomings but they weren’t on display on that play.

Jake has his areas where he needs to improve (mainly decision making and the deep ball), but he made one of the pretties goal-line throws that ended up being the game winner since Banks to Clark against Purdue.

I'm talking about in the horseshoe you moron. Is that Vandenberg? Uhh no? Do you even know what youre talking about? VANDENBERG AS A SOPHMORE WHEN HE STEPPED IN FOR STANZI. You obviously don't remember the games.

Oh I see what happened - I misread it as Stanzi because I didn't expect someone to be dumb enough to use Vandenburg as an example of a good Iowa QB. You got me!

Oh I see what happened - I misread it as Stanzi because I didn't expect someone to be dumb enough to use Vandenburg as an example of a good Iowa QB. You got me!

Oh I see what happened too! You can't read!I never once said he was good. I said the throw was good.

Rudock is solid. He'll get even better.

The problem is the lack of 2nd half in-game adjustments.

Iowa has played solid in 1st halves during Big Ten. I can see the difficulty in making adjustments at half when most of what the Hawks do has been successful. That being said, surely a coach has to know the weaknesses in their own plan and when the other team adjusts then be ready to adjust to that adjustment. Right?

Or is that ajust too obvious that it's wrong?

He's a sophomore...meaning 2 years ago he still played spin the bottle and 7 minutes in heaven to get a piece.....cripes on a bike

You must not be familiar with high schoolers these days. The stuff you mentioned is like 3rd grade now. High schoolers are twerking, stripping in study hall, rusty tromboning, and hot Carl-ing. It's really quite disgusting.

I'd take his arm strength and deep ball yeah. Junior year deep ball at least. Not senior.

I don't think Vandy was crap. He got screwed his senior year. He made some good plays his junior year, but one thing he rarely showed was touch. He'd just barrel it in there a lot of times. Jake, a lot like Stanzi, has some touch to his throws. The throw he made to Duzey last week was a perfect example. Dropped in a basket over the defense perfectly. I couldn't see Vandy making that throw. Throwing the deep ball is still missing from his game, but I think all of Rudock's intangibles more than make up for it. I've seen enough from him this season to still be excited about him despite the less than stellar 3 quarters he had today.

Vandenberg didn't fit the offense Greg Davis wanted to run. He's a pocket passer that throws downfield and the offense last season was anything but that.

Vandenberg got a look with the Vikings and he actually played well in camp and looked good in the combine. He just isn't the type of QB to throw short out routes, or quick passes to the flat. He's a downfield guy and always has been since high school where they ran a spread type offense.

LOL!!!

That was a blind, pinpoint throw off his back foot to a covered receiver with an unblocked blitzer in his face. What do you think James Vandenstud would have done with that scenario?

It was a spectacular throw, the likes of which hasn't graced the Kinnick turf for quite some time. Even the BTN dorks can't stop talking about it in the postgame show.

FACT

ThunderHawk claims this posted in game thread. I found the comment a tad overblown or maybe more than that. :)

ThunderHawk comment was:
Re: Official Iowa v Northwestern Game Thread

Riddick threw the best pass I've seen from an Iowa QB in 20years​

ThunderHawk claims this posted in game thread. I found the comment a tad overblown or maybe more than that. :)

ThunderHawk comment was:
Re: Official Iowa v Northwestern Game Thread

Riddick threw the best pass I've seen from an Iowa QB in 20years​

Show me a better one.

You must not be familiar with high schoolers these days. The stuff you mentioned is like 3rd grade now. High schoolers are twerking, stripping in study hall, rusty tromboning, and hot Carl-ing. It's really quite disgusting.

Pretty sure that's a good thing and who in the world in HS is gettin' their kix off rusty tromboning and hot carling eachother? What.the.french.toast....no worries, ill still max this puppy chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts