Jake Rudock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him but I don't think he's the answer. I know he's young and I know he's good on his feet. We still continue to struggle with sitting in the pocket and throwing the ball down the field. I feel like he gives up too early and he always tucks it instead of still looking downfield for something when he is running towards the line of scrimmage. He isn't very clutch and I know he made that last throw today but I coulda lobbed that up to a 6''7" guy. I think he's doing well but I think we need a qb who can make plays with his arm and I just haven't seen that from him. His mechanics and spiral lack a lot of times too.

Absolutely agree.. they say he's a great kid. I know he's a good game manager. He is not a championship difference maker.

I disagree. I think hes one of the better qbs weve had in a long time. Unfortunately he doesnt have Mcnutt, DJK, Mo Brown, cj jones or any other good receivers to throw to.

See, I think if he was put in place of Stanzi. We wouldn't have went to the Orange bowl. Maybe the outback. Not that like that is bad but even with those players he wouldn't make us a B1G contender I don't think.

See, I think if he was put in place of Stanzi. We wouldn't have went to the Orange bowl. Maybe the outback. Not that like that is bad but even with those players he wouldn't make us a B1G contender I don't think.
Stanzi had a lot better defense.

I like him but I don't think he's the answer. I know he's young and I know he's good on his feet. We still continue to struggle with sitting in the pocket and throwing the ball down the field. I feel like he gives up too early and he always tucks it instead of still looking downfield for something when he is running towards the line of scrimmage. He isn't very clutch and I know he made that last throw today but I coulda lobbed that up to a 6''7" guy. I think he's doing well but I think we need a qb who can make plays with his arm and I just haven't seen that from him. His mechanics and spiral lack a lot of times too.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

He's a sophomore...meaning 2 years ago he still played spin the bottle and 7 minutes in heaven to get a piece.....cripes on a bike

100%. That was an easy throw. He didn't have to stand in there and be patient and put the ball on the money between a couple defenders. He threw it up... not hard.

LOL!!!

That was a blind, pinpoint throw off his back foot to a covered receiver with an unblocked blitzer in his face. What do you think James Vandenstud would have done with that scenario?

It was a spectacular throw, the likes of which hasn't graced the Kinnick turf for quite some time. Even the BTN dorks can't stop talking about it in the postgame show.

FACT

LOL!!!

That was a blind, pinpoint throw off his back foot to a covered receiver with an unblocked blitzer in his face. What do you think James Vandenstud would have done with that scenario?

It was a spectacular throw, the likes of which hasn't graced the Kinnick turf for quite some time. Even the BTN dorks can't stop talking about it in the postgame show.

That was an average play that you expect any starting B10 QB to make. The praise was for his poise.. I'll give him that. Hitting a wide open KMM on the deep ball in the endzone would have been nice, wouldn't it?

rofl at the "I could make that throw"

Rudock has a lot of potential - he is "great" atm... no but he has a good feel for the position, pocket presence and better than average accuracy.

I think Rudock is going through the ups and downs of being a 1st year starter. I think he could be farther along if he had had meanngful playing time last season. But also, it seems to be the game plan to go into a shell on offense in the 2nd half. I don't blame the kid for erratic play for that reason. It is tough to b able to "turn it back on" in that type of atmosphere. The staff seems to be trying to manage him instead of letting him play, after halftime.

LOL!!!

FACT

It was a heave with a lot of faith put behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts