J-Bo is the most important player on this team

If Cook returns I’m not sure we really need any of them to make an impact. Wieskamp, Moss, Dailey, and Cmac can easily absorb Baer’s minutes. I like Nunge the best of those three but with Cook back not sure how many minutes he would get. (I don’t think Cook is coming back).

Without Cook I think Nunge would actually start at the 4 position.

One thing that really scares me for next year is Fran trying to get minutes for all those guys plus Pmac and Joe T. The shorter rotation with a defined bench seems so much better this year, I would hate to go back to a 10+ man rotation.

Beat me to it. Seems we both really like Jack.

Agreed, the minutes distribution really seems like it has a chance to be a nightmare next season.

Beat me to it. Seems we both really like Jack.

Agreed, the minutes distribution really seems like it has a chance to be a nightmare next season.
Probably because the advanced numbers favor Nunge :).

I was upset about him redshirting, but now I might have to take that back. I think he’s going to be a really good player as a RS junior and RS Senior.

At nearly 7’, this guy moves his feet very well for that size, can block shots, can step out and shoot the 3 (very good shooting stroke/form), can handle the ball well at that size. Honestly, I think he would have been a top 3 defensive player on this years squad, and with Baer departing I expect him to be a top 2 defensive player on next years team with Wieskamp.

If Cook comes back, it would actually be kinda cool to redshirt Kriener. Then Nunge can fill that role next year and we would have one year of Garza, Kriener, and Nunge. An added bonus would be if Kriener would be an even better version in two years than he would be in one.

Well...if Cook were to come back...which I still think is doubtful...I think the two freshman redshirt for sure. Patrick Mac needs another year of work on his body anyone...I would love to see him redshirt. I don't think he will be better than Nunge, Pemsl, or Kreiner and the physicality of this league is ridiculous. I think if Tyler does come back...it's possible you could see someone leave too. The reality is that Nunge and Pemsl would share Baer's minutes if Tyler is here. Good problems to have.

Well...if Cook were to come back...which I still think is doubtful...I think the two freshman redshirt for sure. Patrick Mac needs another year of work on his body anyone...I would love to see him redshirt. I don't think he will be better than Nunge, Pemsl, or Kreiner and the physicality of this league is ridiculous. I think if Tyler does come back...it's possible you could see someone leave too. The reality is that Nunge and Pemsl would share Baer's minutes if Tyler is here. Good problems to have.

I think its entirely possible that Nunge could be better than Kriener. Pemsl too for that matter. Kriener's good is good, but his bad is really bad. That could easily change by next year tho.

I’m going to assume Cook is gone. Cook and Baer combined average 50 minutes per game. I think Pemsl and Nunge share about 40 of those. The other 10 go to the 1, 2 and 3. Patrick takes a RS to do what Nunge is doing right now.

The backcourt is hard to figure out. Would Dailey RS to get out of the JB and Moss class? He could be an asset the following year. Will Moss come back or go play overseas?

Is CJ a skinny kid? Will he look like Ellingson out there or Oglesby? Not that it matters all that much. I just don't really know.

I'm trying to get my head around the seeming disrespect for McCaffrey's kids on this site. I would think after seeing what Connor has contributed to the team people would have higher expectations for his more highly rated and taller brother. I'm expecting big things from Patrick right away, regardless of his weight. His team did win the national 3 on 3 tournament after all.

I'm trying to get my head around the seeming disrespect for McCaffrey's kids on this site. I would think after seeing what Connor has contributed to the team people would have higher expectations for his more highly rated and taller brother. I'm expecting big things from Patrick right away, regardless of his weight. His team did win the national 3 on 3 tournament after all.
I thought you were serious until you mentioned the 3 on 3 tourney.

I think for Pat people just aren’t convinced his body is physically ready for B1G play. That wasn’t an issue for Cmac.

I like what Connor has brought in terms of toughness and savvy, but in the interest of fairness these are his B1G stats:

18.5 MPG / 2.6 PPG / 26.5% FG / 0% 3P / 65% FT / 2.5 APG / 0.9 TPG / 7.7 PER

So again Cmac has helped this current team, primarily due to a void we have in terms of ballhandling, passing, and toughness, but I don’t think he has proven that he’s a high quality player at this level just yet.

Probably because the advanced numbers favor Nunge :).

I was upset about him redshirting, but now I might have to take that back. I think he’s going to be a really good player as a RS junior and RS Senior.

At nearly 7’, this guy moves his feet very well for that size, can block shots, can step out and shoot the 3 (very good shooting stroke/form), can handle the ball well at that size. Honestly, I think he would have been a top 3 defensive player on this years squad, and with Baer departing I expect him to be a top 2 defensive player on next years team with Wieskamp.
Glad your coming around.:) That being said there's still no guarantee that redshirting Nunge was the right move until we see him after Cook, Kriener, Pemsl finish up their Iowa careers.

I argued, and still will, that it made MORE sense to redshirt Nunge BECAUSE he has more potential than Kriener or Pemsl. Between the logjam of players at the four and five and the nagging injuries he has accrued he would have wasted this year. And he could a huge fourth and fifth year, a la Ethan Happ and others.

If Cook comes back, it would actually be kinda cool to redshirt Kriener. Then Nunge can fill that role next year and we would have one year of Garza, Kriener, and Nunge. An added bonus would be if Kriener would be an even better version in two years than he would be in one.
We will see. It is very rare to redshirt a senior to be unless it is for a medical reason. Which goes for Dailey as well.

I thought you were serious until you mentioned the 3 on 3 tourney.
That's funny cuz I never take you seriously.
Maybe you're unfamiliar with the 3 on 3 tourney. I watched some of it. It's not for posers. Cmac looked good playing against the elite players that participated.

That's funny cuz I never take you seriously.
Maybe you're unfamiliar with the 3 on 3 tourney. I watched some of it. It's not for posers. Cmac looked good playing against the elite players that participated.
Dude, everyone takes me siriusly.

giphy.gif

I think for Pat people just aren’t convinced his body is physically ready for B1G play. That wasn’t an issue for Cmac.

I like what Connor has brought in terms of toughness and savvy, but in the interest of fairness these are his B1G stats:

18.5 MPG / 2.6 PPG / 26.5% FG / 0% 3P / 65% FT / 2.5 APG / 0.9 TPG / 7.7 PER

So again Cmac has helped this current team, primarily due to a void we have in terms of ballhandling, passing, and toughness, but I don’t think he has proven that he’s a high quality player at this level just yet.

What is the correlation with JBo scoring and CM playing at the same time?

Latest posts