It's time for the Hy-vee Classic to end

I think it would be fun to go shopping at HY-Vee and watch for future Super Bowl championship QB’s stocking shelves. :rolleyes:

There were about 100 fans on the one end for the Iowa game. Stands seemed pretty empty, even at the bottom. What, the fans all go up top seeking crappier seats!?

I was surprised to see the empty seats both games. One would think that there are enough fans/graduates from all 4 programs in the DM area to sell out.....

A Fan is someone who supports their team through thick and thin.....

At least that is the way it used to be for many years.....

Times have changed, Millennials and all that.....

:cool:

Why not make it an actual 2 day tournament? Both winners and losers play each other on the 2nd day? Also move it around, alternate it between Wells Fargo and US Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids.

If they would lower the ticket cost, there might be more folks in attendance.....

I usually have a good time attending the games. Go with 3 friends I went to HS with. One went to Notre Dame, Iowa State and Iowa. All is friendly rivalry and it is good to get together once in a while. All rabid sports fans.....

Got press releases for all 4 teams. Lot of information on them.....

2017-18 Men's Basketball Game Notes.....

Yep. It just feels like a post thetrza would make. That is all.

Oh ok. I am in and out on here so I don’t always catch everything that is posted. For example I have no idea what Rob is talking about on politics.

Why not run an all day state of Iowa basketball event? Include all of the D3 programs and schedule them head-to-head. Pay one reasonable price for general admission seating and watch games all day if you want.

If they would lower the ticket cost, there might be more folks in attendance.....

I usually have a good time attending the games. Go with 3 friends I went to HS with. One went to Notre Dame, Iowa State and Iowa. All is friendly rivalry and it is good to get together once in a while. All rabid sports fans.....

Got press releases for all 4 teams. Lot of information on them.....

2017-18 Men's Basketball Game Notes.....

Agreed, these games are grossly overpriced. $30 for nosebleed, $50 for upper deck and $75 for courtside. Tickets at Carver are ~$35/game.

What they charged for these games is comparable to what NCAA tournament tix cost in Brooklyn 2 years ago...

Why not run an all day state of Iowa basketball event? Include all of the D3 programs and schedule them head-to-head. Pay one reasonable price for general admission seating and watch games all day if you want.

This would guarantee empty seats for most of the day. Look at how many people attend only one game now.

Agreed, these games are grossly overpriced. $30 for nosebleed, $50 for upper deck and $75 for courtside. Tickets at Carver are ~$35/game.

What they charged for these games is comparable to what NCAA tournament tix cost in Brooklyn 2 years ago...
Ouch.. Problem found... Well the empty seats tell the story. Why on earth they don't price things so they can pack these places is beyond me. They'd make way more money if they would between consessions etc etc.. Then having 2/3s or more of the place being empty

I noticed Michigan was playing in Detroit against whatever team that is. The whole Classic was because Iowa and Iowa St. felt they were too big-time to go into the Knapp Center or up to Cedar Falls to play. Other big schools will play in the smaller schools in their states so we should do it as well. Get back to the home and home with UNI and Drake.

Latest posts