Its over

LASBUR

OK guys its over. KF will be back next year. Lets get behind this team. They are going to need our support. We can all speak our minds next year if we don't like what we see. But for now get over because next year is set. This forum I think is to discuss Iowa Football. May Jon need to start one just for people who want to bash KF. That would be fine but I want to talk people who are behind this team

I've never agreed with the "wait until the season is over" approach on a message board but I at least understand the concept of waiting for the final product before condemning a team. I certainly don't agree with waiting for next season 2 weeks after this season ends.

OK guys its over. KF will be back next year. Lets get behind this team. They are going to need our support. We can all speak our minds next year if we don't like what we see. But for now get over because next year is set. This forum I think is to discuss Iowa Football. May Jon need to start one just for people who want to bash KF. That would be fine but I want to talk people who are behind this team

The majority of Iowa fans are ****** off. Maybe you should try the scout site where they ban anyone with a real opinion.

All Im saying is come guys do you REALLY want to spend until Aug. just Hating on KF Im excited to see if we come up with some good last min. recruits. Hope CJB becomes the leader we need and gets the WR to practice togather all summer long and build some chemestry

The majority of Iowa fans are ****** off. Maybe you should try the scout site where they ban anyone with a real opinion.

Sorry Rob banned me for sticking up for KF Im not trying to get get PI $$ with you or anyone else. Its just so counter productive

I agree 100%.

I'm very concerned about the overall lack of talent on this team. Particularly at the skill positions. Watching Ill St last weekend I found myself thinking that Iowa skill guys may have a very hard time starting for Ill St.

I'm also very concerned that this staff struggles so much recruiting. I know Iowa is never going to compete with the elites but with the facilities that Kirk is so proud of you would think Iowa could grab a bunch of mid-level guys they did at the beginning of the Ferentz era.

I'm also very concerned that this team has lost its identity. They pride themselves on being physical yet are often manhandled on the LOS. Their running game is nonexistent. Some coaches want a short passing game yet they don't have any speed at the WR position to make it work.

So as you can see I'm very concerned about this team overall. Is that being unsupportive? I want them to be really good. I hope they're really good. But my common sense is telling me otherwise.

Everything you said is Valid. Im real concerned about talent at LB RB should be OK if JC and Daniels stay healthy. I would like to see them find ways to get the two speedy Freshman involved. providing they learn to hang onto the ball. OL looks kinda scary to me BF needs to come up with a couple of surprises here

I think we all can agree that were Iowa Hawkeye Fans and we love our teams. All of the players and coaches put the hard work in to be successful, unfortunately it doesn't always happen. I agree it's time to move on and give them a chance to improve. We all expressed our frustration in different ways now is the time to support our Team.Go Hawks

You are right about the its over part.

The 2015 season is really a win-win for someone with your viewpoint. Kirk turns it around and wins at least 8 games and you have some happiness, albeit short-term happiness. Kirk doesn't turn it around and he's probably gone by 2016. Either way, it's win-win for you.

I just want them to win. I've always liked kf but we are just so tough to watch anymore. The bowl game was brutal. We made them look like Alabama, we we'rent even competitive. Recruiting is very very bad right now. I now watch with no expectations. If we win great, if not, I'm not kicking the tv in.

If Jon started a board to bash KF he would be the first poster, listen to his podcasts lately? Also, he is 100% correct. You can't talk about Iowa football without being negative. The Ferentz era is over and until he leaves we are in limbo just waiting for it to happen. There is no "next year" until he is fired. I am not going to bury my head in the sand and shout "Go team!" and pretend its all ok.

I want the Hawks to win every game so badly I can taste it. I believe I've always supported the team and cheered them on to that end. I also understand the team is what it is and is not going to win every game. That's the part I can accept; as long as they are competitive, put in the best position to perform at maximum capability and give full effort, I know they will sometimes get beat by a better team. I will never accept them losing.

Unfortunately, derKirkFer both indirectly and directly contributes to them losing, in so many ways, so repeatedly. I've listed them so many times I'm just tired of thinking about it and talking about it.

By all accounts, he gave very little indication he is going to significantly change his failed, stagnant approach to coaching this team and strategizing to win. The few "changes" that the Pollyanna, myopic apologists are clinging to are nothing more than cosmetic lip service. They're basically what just about every professional and lay football analyst or enthusiast would consider to be the "no brainer" issues that are, as always with derKirkFer, being addressed a day late and a dollar short.

If it makes the few guys like LASBUR happy, you really aren't gonna hear much more from me about it. Not because I need time to wait-n-see. It's just that after so many years of being so right about derKirkFer's impact on Iowa football, frankly, I'm a bit worn out and disinterested.

So, while I don't need to wait until after next year to speak what I know is the easily predictable truth, I'll just say it now and be done with it. As LASBUR said, derKirkFer is back next year, "it's over" -- what more needs to be said?

All Im saying is come guys do you REALLY want to spend until Aug. just Hating on KF Im excited to see if we come up with some good last min. recruits. Hope CJB becomes the leader we need and gets the WR to practice togather all summer long and build some chemestry

Yes, this is where KF has pushed me. I'm not giving him a break.

I'll get behind this team because I enjoy watching college football and Iowa, but I'm not going "all in" as in years past. I'm not vested.

images

All Im saying is come guys do you REALLY want to spend until Aug. just Hating on KF

Yes. I'm not a season ticket holder (and I won't pretend to be one online to try and make a point) but I do buy about a dozen tickets a year to take my family to games. I'm not buying any next year. I usually have at least one, and often two hotel nights associated with my trips, meals out, gas, etc. I don't feel the need to spend another $3000 next year when I can watch the Hawkeyes do the same crap and be mediocre on TV.

Over? Not Really...the past 4 year record speaks for itself (a point can be made for 10 years). This is a HORRIBLE product, and while I was a KF believer up to this year, I am no longer. We tried tweaks and changes...they did not help, in fact, we regressed. I want improvement, not just in record (although that would be a place to start), but in the watchabillity of the whole on-field product. If it is philosophy or scheme or coaching or recruiting or game mgmt., fine...just fix it!

If my voice becomes the only one in thinking this amongst my Hawk friends and neighbors, than I will quiet my beliefs and postings. However, with the exception of one, maybe 2 friends (who are "content" but "want" more wins), that is not the case, and I will continue to do my part to speak out for them as well as myself. This program is BOORISH, and very much on the brink of a continued 4-6 more year drought of non-rankings or conference championships.

For me, this is where I can and will vent...I'd much rather it be positive affirmations than negative frustrations, but it is what it has become. Why is that, and who is responsible for that do you think?

Latest posts