Its over

Two things:

1) I don't dodge questions.

2) It's a factor, but not a debilitating one. Which is why I gave those two examples.

I know you don't Thunder. You have been a poster I respect for a long time. That's why I ask again. I agree, I have know doubt its a factor. I think its more important than things such as the weather. As for the KF thing Im just going to back away. People are to emotional about it. KF time at Iowa is numbered Im sure. Im thinking 2-3 years. The natives can get pretty crazy in that time period. But I hoping the powers that be handle it in a way that is best for Iowa. We need to get the right guy. I dont want Iowa to turn into a three year and out situation. Like we had in the 70s. It doesn't take much in todays World for that to happen. Ask Michign

Some of you people think KFer has 2-3 years left?!? How so? What's the line then? 7-5 he might be able to skate by again (Lord I hope not). Anything worse than 7-5 and he's 100% gone. He has to be. No matter how much $$$$ they still owe him. The results would be nuclear. There is no way in hell they can let him pass AGAIN with another easy schedule. There wouldn't be a fan left in the stadium in 2016. Hell there might not be fans in the stadium after a few games next season if he starts out slow AGAIN and loses to to some pancake OOC teams we all know he is fully capable of doing. KFer has been given so many free passes already. Sooner or later the balance is going to tip not in his favor.

This is essentially a waiting period for the vast majority of fans. I’m not even sure overachieving/winning coin flip games next season would be good for the future of the program.

In all seriousness, the sad fact is that there is nothing to get behind. Anyone with half a brain knows that our lack of recruiting will not result in any big surprises on the field next year....the program is dead and extending this misery another season is just prolonging the burial. This abused fan base needs a shot of hope now....not in January of 2016 when KF either quits or is shown the door....ONLY at Iowa does this type of ridiculousness happen.

Everything you said is Valid. Im real concerned about talent at LB RB should be OK if JC and Daniels stay healthy. I would like to see them find ways to get the two speedy Freshman involved. providing they learn to hang onto the ball. OL looks kinda scary to me BF needs to come up with a couple of surprises here

The best athletes need to play. If they fumble here and there, so be it. Put some kids out their at the skill positions that can make some things happen.

Why don't you just awnser your own question.

Every one here wants the Hawks to do well. They also know that Kirk Ferentz is not going to change. Unless we get EVERY SINGLE BREAK IN EVERY SINGLE GAME, Iowa will be a mediocre team again next year. The spark is gone from the program. The talent level is down. Innovation? Zero! Nothing ever changes.
I am so sick of watching the same boring, crap on offense that I could puke.

I live in Western Iowa and have a few close friends who are Hawk fans that have had season tickets for years. We drive 400-500 round trip miles to see a game.
Not one of these friends is renewing their season tickets. Scary times for Hawkeye football.

The only positive right now is that if we do make the trip to Iowa City for a game, we will be able to find tickets for $10.

"was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Hell no.

"was it over when the Fat Lady presided (Sally Mason)?" Hell no.

"was it over when KF decided to run outside zones over and over with Weisman?" Hell almost.

"was it over when Gary Barta finished last in the AD race for Championships for the last 4 years?" Hell pretty much.

"was it over when Jake Rudock didn't realize he had open receivers running downfield at critical times?" Hell throw it!

"was it over when Norm Parker passed away?" Ok, this one is over but his memory endures.

If Jon started a board to bash KF he would be the first poster, listen to his podcasts lately? Also, he is 100% correct. You can't talk about Iowa football without being negative. The Ferentz era is over and until he leaves we are in limbo just waiting for it to happen. There is no "next year" until he is fired. I am not going to bury my head in the sand and shout "Go team!" and pretend its all ok.

kfootball is currently enjoying a post bowl game period where he could be out trying to upgrade the current commit list. Improvement for this program starts with recruiting and we've heard no reports that kfootball is out there trying to snag top notch talent that might be committed elsewhere. Other than our OL recruits, I don't know if any of the commits couldn't be upgraded. But, he's now watching film instead.

And I just cannot fatham anyone believing that the reason we are 34-30 since 2010 is because kfootball was doing too much fundraising. His presser doesn't add up: you can't say that you (kfootball) need to spend more time watching film AND still have excellent assistant coaches, because the assistant coaches are also responsible for 34-30. kfootball simply won't admit his philosophies are dated.

Latest posts