ISU vs. Drake

Looks like it could be a year when the home team wins in all the intra-state matchups.
Iowa over Drake
ISU over Iowa
UNI over Iowa
UNI over ISU
Drake over ISU
Drake and UNI split.
UNI wins the state tourny yet again,with wins over all three teams.

I got told I was overreacting before the season when I said we weren't making the tourney because we had no real point guard. When you have nobody to get you into the offense/set up other guys it is extremely difficult to win. Especially on the road. I reset my expectations before this season but holy cow I was not expecting this.

Looks like it could be a year when the home team wins in all the intra-state matchups.
Iowa over Drake
ISU over Iowa
UNI over Iowa
UNI over ISU
Drake over ISU
Drake and UNI split.

No way does I State beat Iowa. Iowa has a real coach, all I State has is speed dial on hold.

Looks like it could be a year when the home team wins in all the intra-state matchups.Iowa over DrakeISU over IowaUNI over IowaUNI over ISUDrake over ISUDrake and UNI split.UNI wins the state tourny yet again,with wins over all three teams.
No way does I State beat Iowa. Iowa has a real coach, all I State has is speed dial on hold.

I hope you're right but I think Hilton will be the deciding factor.

And so does everyone else. That's the beauty about it, Iowa has no expectations so if we lose no big deal it was expected. Iowa State has so much expectations it's a huge deal.
Who has these expectations? National media and previews have ISU finishing in the lower half of the Big XII. Basketball Prospectus has ISU finishing 2nd to last.

Iowa over Drake
ISU over Iowa
UNI over Iowa
UNI over ISU
Drake over ISU
Drake and UNI split.

This is how I saw it preseason. We'll see if it happens.
I still need to see more from all the teams to make a good enough decision.

But, preseason, this is what I thought, as well.

It was a stinker last night. No offense. To much one on one. Horrible, lazy defense. Switching all the time is flat out lazy. We will miss Lutz this year. Hoiberg is a smart guy and will figure it out but man that was a tough watch last night. Good news is that the non conference schedule is pretty weak and he can tweak some things

It was a stinker last night. No offense. To much one on one. Horrible, lazy defense. Switching all the time is flat out lazy. We will miss Lutz this year. Hoiberg is a smart guy and will figure it out but man that was a tough watch last night. Good news is that the non conference schedule is pretty weak and he can tweak some things

Hoo u callin' weak, Willis?

images

ISU's current SOS is 148, Iowa's current SOS is 322 per Pomeroy.

TAKE THAT ISU, IOWA SCHEDULE IS WEAKER!! Wait... what... :)

i see you have Iowa over Drake but say they will win the state champion ship at 3-1 with a split with UNI, if Iowa wins at home like you say, Drake will finish at 2-2.
ny feeling is Iowa has 5 more games to get ready for the instate run, with Clemson a ACC team being the 1st major level school, my opinion on this is if Iowa wins these next 5 games the chance for a instate sweep go up, Drake struggles @ Iowa, it will be close games on the road for Iowa
but i will concede they will lose @ ISU because somebody on that team that nobody expects gets hot and hits everything he throws at the basket and goes off for 30 to 50 pts
Lafester Rhoades still haunts me, last year it was the Christopherson kid [hope i spelled that right]

ISU's current SOS is 148, Iowa's current SOS is 322 per Pomeroy.

TAKE THAT ISU, IOWA SCHEDULE IS WEAKER!! Wait... what... :)

Haha can it really show after 2 games what the SOS is? Regardless we play some decent mid majors, such as Lehigh but it's still pretty light.

even more funny is that Iowa is at 67, Drake 124 and ISU 128, so if you go by that Drake was supposed to beat ISU, & Iowa should beat them both according to Pomeroy rankings

I thought I would see ISU fans were overreacting to one loss but I didn't expect to see so many Iowa fans overreacting. This is college basketball people, not college football. One loss to an inferior team on the road does not mean that the team isn't any good or that th season is doomed. I don't think anyone who was realistice expected so many new players to gel right away. Heck, even Vanderbilt, a team that was ranked in the top 15 and has a lot of returning players lost to a nobody, cleveland st, in the fist two games of the season. Just like you can't say Iowa is going to be a good team this year after two wins against horrible teams. Judgment should be reserved.

I thought I would see ISU fans were overreacting to one loss but I didn't expect to see so many Iowa fans overreacting. This is college basketball people, not college football. One loss to an inferior team on the road does not mean that the team isn't any good or that th season is doomed. I don't think anyone who was realistice expected so many new players to gel right away. Heck, even Vanderbilt, a team that was ranked in the top 15 and has a lot of returning players lost to a nobody, cleveland st, in the fist two games of the season. Just like you can't say Iowa is going to be a good team this year after two wins against horrible teams. Judgment should be reserved.

Very solid point. I'm not overreacting yet but there are some serious things that need worked on. Iowa State doesn't have a point guard. Christopherson, god love him, isn't one and shouldn't be asked to play the position. Our defense was lazy last night. A good coach will fix that. Good test for a young coach in Fred Hoiberg

Christopherson playing the point for ISU this season is akin to Hoffarber playing the point last year for the Gophers.

Latest posts