ISU Series to Continue?

"Whatever, ISU wasnt close to scoring more than that field goal, their offense sucked but ours wasnt much better at that time."

That 17-5 game was also played in the rain, with horrendous field conditions, if memory serves. Games like that are never high scoring.

Cliff notes on this thread:

1. Iowa is ISU's superbowl
2. It's a lose/lose for Iowa playing ISU
3. ISU should only be allowed to play Iowa in IC.

Sounds like typical sqwak butthurt in a down year. This is the biggest game in the state and there really is no arguement there. Iowa is not going to schedule a home game with a bigger OOC opponent most years bigger than ISU. Who are you guys going to get a home and home with? Pitt or Misery? Be honest this game helps both schools, if you can't see that you are just being blind for the sake of hating your biggest rival. And lets be honest both schools biggest rival is each other whether some fans want to admit it or not.

We get it, the state economy will collapse if the Iowa/ISU game isn't played.........thousands of people will lose their jobs in Ames if there isn't a game there every other year.

We get it, the state economy will collapse if the Iowa/ISU game isn't played.........thousands of people will lose their jobs in Ames if there isn't a game there every other year.

Yeah, Doublewide only has half a bulb glowing if he thinks this is such an important economic game. It is for ISU if they get a big paycheck coming to kinnick

ISU pulls top O-lineman in state in 2013 it's because he lives within 30 mins of Ames.

Iowa pulls top O-lineman in state in 2014 (will probably leave for BAMA) but it's not because he too lives 30 minutes from Iowa City it of course is because Iowa is such a dang football powerhouse!

Funny how that works. You are ridiculous.

Only you would claim Cedar Falls is 30 minutes from Iowa City.

And Iowa has pulled 4 and 5 star recruits from a lot further distance than that in the past.

Who is teh ridiculous one?

The financial argument is weak, in my opinion. Wouldn't the "state" do better financially if both teams had a home game that weekend, instead of just one?

That said, we can't cancel it now. We haven't beaten them consistently enough.[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with canceling. My son and I went to Arrowhead in 2000 I think it was to see the game against a top Kansas State team. A game the hawks were in until midway thru the 4th qtr.

I will say it again right now, I would rather dump ISU and start playing some home and homes with K-State or Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, NC State and N Carolina, whatever. Seeing new teams come into kinnick, measuring the hawks success against other teams every year.

And the Hawks playing this game out of state every other year in other recruiting areas could lead to some new players.

Dump the clowns. Last years game was the most boring game I have seen is a long time. There was the 3 OT thriller the year before where we played bad. And the three years before that the hawks just manhandled ISU.

It has to do with cancelling and not looking like you are running away from a potential loss.

ISU pulls top O-lineman in state in 2013 it's because he lives within 30 mins of Ames.

Iowa pulls top O-lineman in state in 2014 (will probably leave for BAMA) but it's not because he too lives 30 minutes from Iowa City it of course is because Iowa is such a dang football powerhouse!

Funny how that works. You are ridiculous.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's because of our reputation for putting OL in the NFL. Clowns and the NFL don't mix.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's because of our reputation for putting OL in the NFL. Clowns and the NFL don't mix.

Yeah those Hawks were are all over the NFL draft board this year. How many got drafted again? Was it zero? Iowa State had two including an O-lineman? Not trying to challenge Iowa's PAST reputation. It speaks for itself. However, all people are saying is ISU has some momentum rolling and the state is starting to take notice, especially central Iowa.

Yeah those Hawks were are all over the NFL draft board this year. How many got drafted again? Was it zero? Iowa State had two including an O-lineman? Not trying to challenge Iowa's PAST reputation. It speaks for itself. However, all people are saying is ISU has some momentum rolling and the state is starting to take notice, especially central Iowa.

One, it was one doucher...

Not trying to be too critical here, because I am not an ISU basher, but if your argument in favor of "ISU momentum" is that central Iowans are starting to take notice of a football program that began in the 19th century and plays in their backyard... well... let's just say that ISU has got its work cut out for it.

Congrats on those two picks. You beat us by one. Also congrats on those two draft picks ISU had in the previous 4 years, and on your one first-round pick in school history.

LOL (3-5) 7-6, (3-5) 5-7, (3-6) 6-7, (3-6) 6-7, watch out for the momentum fellas. ISU is on a roll now, they are going straight to the top.

Let's look at this from two perspectives; one being ISU and the other the UofI. At present and it looks like for the future ISU is saddled with 9 conference games with the same nine teams year after year after year. Adding the Iowa game makes 10 of the same old same old. You can then add a couple of inconsequential non-conference opponents. Is that really appealing? Now let's turn to the UofI. Based on the new divisions you have 6 division games and ISU at the moment, but you have 5 games that involve different opponents on some sort of rotation. The schedule is re-freshened every third year. Is that more appealing?

Now let's look at the makeup of who is on the schedule. ISU has two big conference matchups; Texas and Oklahoma, but they would not be considered rivals because the records are so lopsided. The closest geographic conference opponents are Kansas and KSU, but they have there own rivalry. ISU just doesn't have any real conference rival. Contrast that with the UofI. Iowa has a game with Nebraska each year and likely one with either Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State. So in terms of traditional powers it is about even. When it comes to rivals Iowa begins to separate its schedule from that of ISU. There is the game for Floyd and the game for the Heartland. Along with that, Illinois and Iowa had to be separated for like 20 years because the friction between fans was considered too volatile. The point is Iowa's conference opponents are more appealing and draw more interest because these are neighborhood battles.

It is easy to make a case for ISU to want this game. Iowa seems to be the best candidate to be a true rival because of proximity and being in-state. Yet ISU might want to rethink this. It is why I suggested that ISU rotating with Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa might make a better schedule than a static 10 teams.

Yet some Iowa fans would prefer, like myself, would like a change. Soon we are down to just two possible non-conference games that do not include ISU and Iowa has to make sure it doesn't prevent 7 home games when it has just 4 home conference games. This really puts a hurdle in finding interesting games when possible FCS opponents are prevented because of the agreement with ISU. Iowa's other two opponents are to be FCS opponents in 2016 and beyond. I just like to see some other opponents.

Haha don't chase this one away too quickly fellas. He makes me laugh.

Time to drop the clowns there geting very boring and will always be little brother.
Not to worry clowns you could aways get Tulsato take our place.

Latest posts