ISU Series to Continue?

Who cares if its "more important" for ISU. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Which is more advantageous for the Iowa athletic department and football program? The ISU game? Or a random game against Pitt/Ariz/AzSU? Financially, the ISU game is easily a winner. It'd take a whole lot of intangible BS to make up for the financial difference.

This is a pretty hilarious post.

The day KF runs around and tries to keep up with ISU is the day I **** a brick of gold.

How is it, in your opinion, that ISU is a better program than ISU?

Where did I ever say that ISU was a better program than us? I didn't. But they clearly have a little momentum in the state and Kirk is clearly aware of it. You think the timing of the game in DSM was just a coincidence with ISU beating us 2 times in a row and getting the top recruit in the state last year and a top one this year (Lazard and Ross are a wash IMO). I don't.

So my point is, that I like playing this game. It's a Big 12 opponent that we can beat and we need to get back to beating them to help us get back to where we get ALL the in state recruits that we want

Where did I ever say that ISU was a better program than us? I didn't. But they clearly have a little momentum in the state and Kirk is clearly aware of it. You think the timing of the game in DSM was just a coincidence with ISU beating us 2 times in a row and getting the top recruit in the state last year and a top one this year (Lazard and Ross are a wash IMO). I don't.

So my point is, that I like playing this game. It's a Big 12 opponent that we can beat and we need to get back to beating them to help us get back to where we get ALL the in state recruits that we want

There's no denying that Roads is builing a lot of momentum. (3-5) 7-6, (3-5) 5-7, (3-6) 6-7, (3-6) 6-7. The numbers don't lie, if ISU keeps progressing like this the sky is the limit.

And by the sky I mean 3 B12 wins.

There's no denying that Roads is builing a lot of momentum. (3-5) 7-6, (3-5) 5-7, (3-6) 6-7, (3-6) 6-7. The numbers don't lie, if ISU keeps progressing like this the sky is the limit.

Read what I said. "in the state". How can you argue that. They've beat us twice in a row, and went to a bowl game this year while we won 4 games. They have now landed the top kid in the state two years in a row. They do have momentum in the state no matter how pathetic their record looks

I'd rather play some other BCS schools. Playing ISU every year is nothing but an unrequited favor to those ungrateful dbags.

Iowa needs to focus on getting stronger out of conference competition that will produce observable benefits with a better bowl resume.

Gotta disagree with the part on a stronger non-conference leading to a better bowl resume. This isn't college hoops where non-conference SOS is the be all, end all. Qualify for a bowl game, and the bowl reps like to invite the team whose fan base will travel well ($$$$). Iowa does well in this department. The higher you finish in the conference standings, the better bowl game you will get. Non-conference really means jack, except for getting a few wins towards bowl eligibility.

That said, I wouldn't really miss the Iowa/ISU game that much. It is a good rivalry, yes, but I'd rather see Iowa play some different teams in the non-conference every so often. ISU and 2 or 3 cupcakes every single year gets kinda stale IMO.

We need this game bad. Huge game for Iowa as we get to play a team from a better conference that we can beat. Plus kirk needs to get back to beating them as they are picking up momentum in the state and kirk is running around trying to keep up. Game in DSM and now a scrimmage. It's obvious he knows that he needs to change it up to not allow ISU to gain more momentum.

So in one post it goes from "KF is running around trying to keep up" to "ISU has a little momentum in the state"?

That makes sense.

This x a 1000. Can we wait until ISU gets to a 8 win season before we talk about a program "being on the rise" and having the momentum in the state.

No.

Glad to see this train of thought still around!

When you lose to teams like Tulsa in bowl games, where everything was pretty much set up for you to win, that train of thought will continue to stick around.

5 Big Ten home games in odd years for West teams. That matches nicely with a road game in Ames in odd years. The problem with that scenario is no BCS home games outside of the Big Ten and ISU. I'd like to see Iowa only schedule ISU 2 of 4 years and add some variety to the schedule.

I am continually amazed how the powers that be consider the game critical to the state of Iowa's financial success. I won't be surprised if Iowa plays 4 B1G home games in 2016 to sync up with the ISU game in Kinnick.

I am continually amazed how the powers that be consider the game critical to the state of Iowa's financial success. I won't be surprised if Iowa plays 4 B1G home games in 2016 to sync up with the ISU game in Kinnick.

The financial argument is weak, in my opinion. Wouldn't the "state" do better financially if both teams had a home game that weekend, instead of just one?

That said, we can't cancel it now. We haven't beaten them consistently enough.

When you lose to teams like Tulsa in bowl games, where everything was pretty much set up for you to win, that train of thought will continue to stick around.

... And losing to Tulsa in a bowl game is worse than losing to Central Michigan at home, how?

This x a 1000. Can we wait until ISU gets to a 8 win season before we talk about a program "being on the rise" and having the momentum in the state.

Considering they have beaten Iowa 2 years in a row and see getting top in state recruits, yes, they have momentum within the state.

Latest posts