ISU Series to Continue?

Considering they have beaten Iowa 2 years in a row and see getting top in state recruits, yes, they have momentum within the state.

Come get me when ISU actually takes advantage of the Iowa program being down.

Who besides Lazard, a legacy, have they gotten that both Iowa and ISU offered?

Campos however there seems to be a dispute involving the fact that Iowa had pulled his offer and moved on. Clown fans very much believe Campos shunned us while I have heard that Iowa cooled on him and stopped talking to him weeks before his original commitment to Mizzou.

Campos however there seems to be a dispute involving the fact that Iowa had pulled his offer and moved on. Clown fans very much believe Campos shunned us while I have heard that Iowa cooled on him and stopped talking to him weeks before his original commitment to Mizzou.

So 2 guys? 1 kid has a father who played at ISU and currently has a brother on the ISU team and the other we arent even sure if he had an Iowa offer when he originally committed to Missouri. And both kids are from within a half hour of the ISU campus.

Wow, talk about pulling "top in-state recruits".

The financial argument is weak, in my opinion. Wouldn't the "state" do better financially if both teams had a home game that weekend, instead of just one?

That said, we can't cancel it now. We haven't beaten them consistently enough.[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with canceling. My son and I went to Arrowhead in 2000 I think it was to see the game against a top Kansas State team. A game the hawks were in until midway thru the 4th qtr.

I will say it again right now, I would rather dump ISU and start playing some home and homes with K-State or Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, NC State and N Carolina, whatever. Seeing new teams come into kinnick, measuring the hawks success against other teams every year.

And the Hawks playing this game out of state every other year in other recruiting areas could lead to some new players.

Dump the clowns. Last years game was the most boring game I have seen is a long time. There was the 3 OT thriller the year before where we played bad. And the three years before that the hawks just manhandled ISU.

Last edited:
Iowa-ISU is not close to mIch-osu, usc-ucla, Fl-Flor ST, and many other big rivalries, Texas - OU,

How many of you want to see some new blood on the non-conf schedule.

I would love to have almost an early season bowl atmosphere travelling down to play Clemson, etc or some other BSC school.

Get the regents and the Iowa lawmakers out of the football scheduling business

So 2 guys? 1 kid has a father who played at ISU and currently has a brother on the ISU team and the other we arent even sure if he had an Iowa offer when he originally committed to Missouri. And both kids are from within a half hour of the ISU campus.

ISU also landed Barkley Hill, a Parade All-American who was the most prolific running back in the history of Iowa HS football. That was a huge pickup for the Cyclones.

Where did I ever say that ISU was a better program than us? I didn't. But they clearly have a little momentum in the state and Kirk is clearly aware of it. You think the timing of the game in DSM was just a coincidence with ISU beating us 2 times in a row and getting the top recruit in the state last year and a top one this year (Lazard and Ross are a wash IMO). I don't.

So my point is, that I like playing this game. It's a Big 12 opponent that we can beat and we need to get back to beating them to help us get back to where we get ALL the in state recruits that we want

When did Iowa play a game in Des Moines? I follow the team fairly closely, and this is the first I've heard of it. Who did they play? Did they win?

ISU has "momentum" because they're close to central Iowa media and Rhoads is an engaging personality. That said, they've 4 games under .500 over their last three seasons. Iowa is going to have to have several seasons in a row of 4-8 (or so), and ISU is going to have to rip off 8 or 9 win seasons in that same period of time for them to surpass the Hawks in popularity.

Let's just start a new border war with Mizzou. Iowa would be besieged from all sides. Might even help recruiting a little bit.

Cliff notes on this thread:

1. Iowa is ISU's superbowl
2. It's a lose/lose for Iowa playing ISU
3. ISU should only be allowed to play Iowa in IC.

Sounds like typical sqwak butthurt in a down year. This is the biggest game in the state and there really is no arguement there. Iowa is not going to schedule a home game with a bigger OOC opponent most years bigger than ISU. Who are you guys going to get a home and home with? Pitt or Misery? Be honest this game helps both schools, if you can't see that you are just being blind for the sake of hating your biggest rival. And lets be honest both schools biggest rival is each other whether some fans want to admit it or not.

I'm fine with the game as soon as the home team keeps their entire gate. The agreement where ISU gets a cut of the ticket sales when the game is in Kinnick was moronic. That agreement is about up though, IIRC.

Please tell me you're not serious? Yes Iowa...a team that lives off of success in the trenches..."cooled" on the #1 recruit and offensive lineman in the state. They didn't want him. Get real!

Ferentz probably knew he was a Clone or going out of state. Period!

Cliff notes on this thread:

1. Iowa is ISU's superbowl
2. It's a lose/lose for Iowa playing ISU
3. ISU should only be allowed to play Iowa in IC.

Sounds like typical sqwak butthurt in a down year. This is the biggest game in the state and there really is no arguement there. Iowa is not going to schedule a home game with a bigger OOC opponent most years bigger than ISU. Who are you guys going to get a home and home with? Pitt or Misery? Be honest this game helps both schools, if you can't see that you are just being blind for the sake of hating your biggest rival. And lets be honest both schools biggest rival is each other whether some fans want to admit it or not.

Not helping Iowa since they cant win this game. #nobowl #needwinsbad

ISU pulls top O-lineman in state in 2013 it's because he lives within 30 mins of Ames.

Iowa pulls top O-lineman in state in 2014 (will probably leave for BAMA) but it's not because he too lives 30 minutes from Iowa City it of course is because Iowa is such a dang football powerhouse!

Funny how that works. You are ridiculous.

Wow the butthurt is strong from both sides in this thread.

Iowa fans butthurt about two straight losses and ISU gaining momentum with in-state recruits.

ISU fans apparently butthurt about Iowa being butthurt about two straight losses and ISU gaining momentum with in-state recruits.

That's like a double-negative of butthurt. Do they cancel each other out so we can end this thread or....

Please tell me you're not serious? Yes Iowa...a team that lives off of success in the trenches..."cooled" on the #1 recruit and offensive lineman in the state. They didn't want him. Get real!

Ferentz probably knew he was a Clone or going out of state. Period!

I agree with the assertion that Iowa likely quit recruiting him because they knew they weren't going to land him. That's the smart thing to do.

Another thing I want to discuss is this notion that Campos was the top recruit in the state last year. Yes, he was the top recruit on Rivals and Scout, but 247Sports had Wisnieski and Trevon Young ahead of him, and ESPN had Wisnieski and Joel Lanning, another ISU signee, rated ahead of Campos. To contrast, Amara Darboh was everyone's top recruit in '12, as was Christian French in '11, and AJ Derby in '10. The '13 and '14 classes have been kind of unique in Iowa with such a split opinion between the sites in regards to who is the top player in the state.

Latest posts