ISU says it has not given up it's right to sue SEC

"The SEC has stated that to consider an institution for membership, there must be no contractual hindrances to its departure.â€￾

Baylor and Iowa State are attempting to block the A&M departure. Why aren't any of the other schools doing this?

Does it say this somewhere? Honest question.

"The SEC has stated that to consider an institution for membership, there must be no contractual hindrances to its departure.â€￾

Baylor and Iowa State are attempting to block the A&M departure. Why aren't any of the other schools doing this?

You shouldn't talk about things until you have done a little research. You sound dumb

Does it say this somewhere? Honest question.

Are you dense? The wording from the SEC says they won't accept A&M unless their ducks are all in a row. With Baylor and ISU not waiving their rights the SEC has no choice to hold off until it's resolved. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Are you dense? The wording from the SEC says they won't accept A&M unless their ducks are all in a row. With Baylor and ISU not waiving their rights the SEC has no choice to hold off until it's resolved. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Calm yourself fella. I'm at work and not following every little thing that happens. Try some yoga or something.

No, they're not. At least not yet. Can you not read? All they've done so far is not waive their right to sue. I would hope Iowa would do the same thing if another school was trying to leave the B10.

I understand that but the threat alone of litigation is enough to make the SEC back off.

No, they're not. At least not yet. Can you not read? All they've done so far is not waive their right to sue. I would hope Iowa would do the same thing if another school was trying to leave the B10.

You should reread the SEC acceptance release again.

Since you think your such an expert, feel free to school me. Somehow I doubt you have the answers your looking for.

First they haven't sued yet as he even your Hawkeye brothers have pointed out.

Second, them and Baylor are not the only schools to do this. None have sued but most have not waived their rights either and have publicly said the same thing

I understand that but the threat alone of litigation is enough to make the SEC back off.

And I would hope Iowa would do the same thing that they're doing. Do you expect ISU just to wilt and say, "Well we're screwed anyways so we might as well not try."?

-not a great way to keep a relationship going

ISU and Baylor: "Please don't leave me, aTm!"

I would be fighting for them to not leave as well because when A&M is gone, the big 12 will probably fall and ISU and Baylor will lose their cash cow.

Do I expect it? No. But some of us can dream I suppose.

I just don't get the hate, seems real childish. IMO, ISU not being in a BCS conference hurts the state, overall.

And to add to that- how does ISU being in a BCS conference vs. not being in a BCS conference really help out Iowa anyways? It's not like we're in intense recruiting battles for the Iowa high school recruits. We usually get the ones that we really want.

Burning bridges? Their (they are) not the one backing out of contract and leaving for another conference.

I'm referring to the relationship between A&M and ISU, it is burnt now. The matter between ISU and the SEC is another matter completely, which is the subject. I'm not sure what ISU expects to accomplish by taking on the SEC.

I'm referring to the relationship between A&M and ISU, it is burnt now. The matter between ISU and the SEC is another matter completely, which is the subject. I'm not sure what ISU expects to accomplish by taking on the SEC.

ISU isn't trying to directly take on the SEC. They're trying to save their own a$$ first and foremost. It's not like they have some grudge against the SEC. If the B12 falls (which I believe it will eventually, thanks to Texas) then who knows what their fate will be. I would expect any other team in their situation to take the same measures. It wouldn't be a good idea not to.

The thread should read "None of the Big 12 schools have given up their right to sue" All have come to an agreement. ISU will be fine in the end, I can guarentee that.

Its funny that the only 2 teams to fight for the big 12 are 2 teams that probably dont have a home if the big 12 is to fall. Why some clown fans believe that the big 10 would want to pick up ISU is beyond delusional.

Edit: Only 2 teams as of this moment.

The thread should read "None of the Big 12 schools have given up their right to sue" All have come to an agreement. ISU will be fine in the end, I can guarentee that.

Don't know if I agree with that.. how exactly can you guarantee that?

Latest posts