ISU says it has not given up it's right to sue SEC

Importedankle will not read this. He will continue to make stuff up

?

mak stuff up? i got that infomation on y'alls board about the super-sacret doner and his multi-milleon dolla smile. if youins sayin' i'm lyin', well, i thank y'all oughta dig a little deeeper.

What I would really like to know is if Pollard had to call Texas to get their permission to not waive ISU's right to sue the SEC?

I would want to see the contract between the schools and the conference, but if I were advising ISU and reading the tea leaves that the conference was likely toast, I absolutely would not sue. But in closed door meetings, I would whisper in Baylor's, TT's and K-State's presidents' ears how smart it is to sue in the hopes that they did. Then, when they sued, I would go show the Big East or whoever that I am a team player and am not going to resort to litigation if a team has an economic reason to leave the conference. No conference is going to want to take the crybaby team that runs into court when someone leaves, the presidents will think "what if my team gets an invite somewhere, do I want to end up getting sued?"

I agreed with you last night, but tonight, like so many others, you are cluless.

The Big 12 conference has bylaws that govern how teams may withdraw from the conference, and any withdrawal that violates those bylaws raises the possibilities of financial penalties and other issues. The bylaws require that member schools commit to the Big 12 for five-year periods.

If a school wants to leave when a five-year period is up, it must give two years' notice. The most recently completed five-year period ended in June 2011, meaning Colorado & Nebraska had every right to leave the conference since they had not commited to another five-year period. However, the schools did not give notice by June 2009.

Consequently, Colorado & Nebraska fulfilled their five-year committments. But they did not give proper notice.

Texas A&M's situaton is different. A&M has every right to leave the conference. Though, according to the bylaws, the Aggies are committed to the Big 12 until June 2016. Leaving before 2016 would be a violation of the bylaws. Proper notice was given, but according to the bylaws they can't leave until after the 2015 football season.

I think the SEC & Iowa State are being very smart. The SEC realizes that A&M's situation is very different than it would have been over a year ago. The SEC realizes that it could be sued for tortious interference of a business relationship & any Big 12 school could sue Texas A&M in a breach of contract action.

Put it this way. What would you do if you weren't even one-year into a five-year employment agreement with your employer and your employer fired you? Wouldn't you sue your employer?

Iowa State would be very stupid to waive its rights. I wouldn't cut my own throat by agreeing not to sue unless I have very real assurances from Oklahoma & Texas that they also weren't going to bolt the conference.

I agreed with you last night, but tonight, like so many others, you are cluless.

The Big 12 conference has bylaws that govern how teams may withdraw from the conference, and any withdrawal that violates those bylaws raises the possibilities of financial penalties and other issues. The bylaws require that member schools commit to the Big 12 for five-year periods.

If a school wants to leave when a five-year period is up, it must give two years' notice. The most recently completed five-year period ended in June 2011, meaning Colorado & Nebraska had every right to leave the conference since they had not commited to another five-year period. However, the schools did not give notice by June 2009.

Consequently, Colorado & Nebraska fulfilled their five-year committments. But they did not give proper notice.

Texas A&M's situaton is different. A&M has every right to leave the conference. Though, according to the bylaws, the Aggies are committed to the Big 12 until June 2016. Leaving before 2016 would be a violation of the bylaws. Proper notice was given, but according to the bylaws they can't leave until after the 2015 football season.

I think the SEC & Iowa State are being very smart. The SEC realizes that A&M's situation is very different than it would have been over a year ago. The SEC realizes that it could be sued for tortious interference of a business relationship & any Big 12 school could sue Texas A&M in a breach of contract action.

Put it this way. What would you do if you weren't even one-year into a five-year employment agreement with your employer and your employer fired you? Wouldn't you sue your employer?

Iowa State would be very stupid to waive its rights. I wouldn't cut my own throat by agreeing not to sue unless I have very real assurances from Oklahoma & Texas that they also weren't going to bolt the conference.

Well said.

Your argument works unless A&M shows "just cause" for voiding their contract with the Big XII. I think A&M can show that UT violated the spirit of the commitment made by A&M to the Big XII when it overstepped the bounds of fairness with the LHN. A&M wasn't the only University to object. They were the only one to say enough is enough.

Based on more recent information Beebe really screwed up in the letter to A&M of 9-2-11. He stated its members would not litigate. Now he turns around and says individual schools may. He admits he is sorry for the confusion. He was and is the legal operating officer.

The B12 is going through a very messy divorce brought about by lust, infedelity, and irreconcilable differences. Some spouses want to work it out, others want to take their spouse for all their worth and other just want it to end.

In the end this marriage will be dissolved and someone will have a hot new wife, someone will get the house, someone will get the kids, someone will remarry a suitable counterpart, and someone will live a miserable post-maritable existence.

We all want to watch it happen and are just glad its not our marriage breaking up.

You get it - Thank you!

Your argument works unless A&M shows "just cause" for voiding their contract with the Big XII. I think A&M can show that UT violated the spirit of the commitment made by A&M to the Big XII when it overstepped the bounds of fairness with the LHN.

I can guarantee that "the bounds of fairness" will not work for TAMU as an argument in any court of law.

Like it or not, the LHN is completely harmonious with the NCAA and the Big 12 bylaws as of now.

So what can happen with the lawsuit? Big 12 gets a pay out from the SEC or they can actually prevent A&M from joining the SEC? Assuming they sue and win.

The B12 is going through a very messy divorce brought about by lust, infedelity, and irreconcilable differences. Some spouses want to work it out, others want to take their spouse for all their worth and other just want it to end.

In the end this marriage will be dissolved and someone will have a hot new wife, someone will get the house, someone will get the kids, someone will remarry a suitable counterpart, and someone will live a miserable post-maritable existence.

We all want to watch it happen and are just glad its not our marriage breaking up.

The Big 12 will break up some day. May not be this year, but these schools are growing to hate each other more every day. I suppose Baylor and others want to delay it as long as possible to get paid as long as possible and figure out plan B

Latest posts