ISM OWI

As usual, you cut to the quick.
Pretty sad commentary on your part.
Not the post we need. Kid made a serious error and likely his time at Iowa is over. Not sure what was going though his mind but hopefully he can overcome and move on to better times. Probably would just be wise for him to opt out of rest of season if coaches don't do it for him. He is talented and has a chance to play at next level. We have had enough negatives this year and would be nice to see him recover from this
You guys need to get your sarcasm radars into the shop for a tune up. If you keep allowing yourselves to get trolled like that @okeefe4prez is going to get a big head.

Good lord. You guys must be fun to hang out with.

Not sure what it's like in Iowa, but in Washington state if you're going over double the speed limit while drunk you get charged with attempted manslaughter, not just an OWI.

Not sure what it's like in Iowa, but in Washington state if you're going over double the speed limit while drunk you get charged with attempted manslaughter, not just an OWI.
Iowa’s not that way. It gets enhanced if you’re in an accident or have kids or dependents in the car but speed by itself doesn’t.

He’ll get two days in the clink or maybe a deferred judgement which would wipe it off his record if he doesn’t get in trouble within a year. I say maybe because of the speed. His lawyer will try for the deferred.

Last edited:
I expect he'll opt out for the year and in a few months he'll transfer. Its a damned shame if that happens

Whatever happened to the good ol' days where the ICP would take the kid over to the head coach's house to sleep it off and then run their asses off in practice...or get their face rubbed in the mat by the HC.

I expect he'll opt out for the year and in a few months he'll transfer. Its a damned shame if that happens

Neither of those would make any sense. If he wants to make the NFL it would make zero sense to opt out of this season right after getting an OWI. You don't want that as the last thing in NFL teams' minds. He's a senior so unless he can transfer and play this season which I don't think is even possible transferring isn't an option.

Not the post we need. Kid made a serious error and likely his time at Iowa is over. Not sure what was going though his mind but hopefully he can overcome and move on to better times. Probably would just be wise for him to opt out of rest of season if coaches don't do it for him. He is talented and has a chance to play at next level. We have had enough negatives this year and would be nice to see him recover from this
Why opt out?

why would the coaches do it and be possibly charged with race bias.

you are tone deaf

He won't have any athletic eligibility left. Unless there's a goofy 2020 covid rule with a rope full of loopholes.

Um, I think there is a COVID rule and it doesn't have any loopholes. I'm pretty sure it says "2020 doesn't count for eligibility no matter what." I expect a wave of grad transfers out of Iowa after we win 2 or maybe 3 games and the wheels fully come off the bus.

He won't have any athletic eligibility left. Unless there's a goofy 2020 covid rule with a rope full of loopholes.
Um, I think there is a COVID rule and it doesn't have any loopholes. I'm pretty sure it says "2020 doesn't count for eligibility no matter what." I expect a wave of grad transfers out of Iowa after we win 2 or maybe 3 games and the wheels fully come off the bus.
Yep. Everyone playing fall sports gets an extra year even if they play the full season.

Basically this year doesn’t count.

Latest posts