ISM OWI

At least he didn't hit anyone/anything. Kinda surprised no other teammates were with him. Talk about a dude that should more then know better. That's what's so disappointing about it. He was around when Wirfs did what he did. I would assume the coaches made an example of that and preached to the kids in meetings about that till they were blue in the face. Granted Wirfs was on a moped but still. But coaches can only do so much. He's over 21 I bet so that freedom to go mess around is there. I can understand letting your hair down during the offseason but I would like to think that during the season ones focus would be where it should be too... Easy for me to say

First and foremost his biggest error is driving after drinking. Going that fast is reckless and he's damn lucky nobody got hurt.

Secondly, he obviously was congregating at a gathering or downtown in a bar which is not going to sit well with KF and coaches as the team is supposed to try to play in a "bubble". We all know how team oriented Ferentz is. This is not going to sit well on that regard and shouldn't. It is a selfish ass decision and you put the whole team and/or season at risk.

Secondly, he obviously was congregating at a gathering or downtown in a bar which is not going to sit well with KF and coaches as the team is supposed to try to play in a "bubble". We all know how team oriented Ferentz is. This is not going to sit well on that regard and shouldn't. It is a selfish ass decision and you put the whole team and/or season at risk.

I can't offer a substantive response, so I will let the Luniz argue my position on this baseless accusation:

First and foremost his biggest error is driving after drinking. Going that fast is reckless and he's damn lucky nobody got hurt.

Wow, didnt even think of that.

If this triggers a team Covid spread......

Another tidbit is that the South Riverside area seems to be a hot spot for catching athletes. Cops must really like to sit in that area around closing time.

At least he didn't hit anyone/anything. Kinda surprised no other teammates were with him. Talk about a dude that should more then know better. That's what's so disappointing about it. He was around when Wirfs did what he did. I would assume the coaches made an example of that and preached to the kids in meetings about that till they were blue in the face. Granted Wirfs was on a moped but still. But coaches can only do so much. He's over 21 I bet so that freedom to go mess around is there. I can understand letting your hair down during the offseason but I would like to think that during the season ones focus would be where it should be too... Easy for me to say
Any one over 18 knows it is illegal to drink and drive.

Any one over 18 knows it is possible to kill someone if you drink and drive.

This is not some new discovery unknown until ISM did it.

It was not a new discovery when the previous guy did it.

It is a selfish and potentially wicked choice to make.

Good thoughts.

First one: spot on.
Second one: KF must mind his Ps and Qs.

Any discipline could be race bias and take away from ISM’s future earnings.

IC will throw the book at him, keeping himself out of jail and paying his fines will be enough to keep ISM busy, let alone playing covet ball. His season is over, probable his career at Iowa. He won't sit out a year and come back.

IC will throw the book at him, keeping himself out of jail and paying his fines will be enough to keep ISM busy, let alone playing covet ball. His season is over, probable his career at Iowa. He won't sit out a year and come back.
has any player sat out a season for this? just asking. I don’t remember one.

Not sure what it's like in Iowa, but in Washington state if you're going over double the speed limit while drunk you get charged with attempted manslaughter, not just an OWI.
Out of curiosity and because it seemed like a pretty serious penalty, I checked into that and it’s nowhere in any of the Washington state DUI or reckless driving codes. In fact, there’s nothing I any of the code about “double the speed limit” penalties, only a reference to driving 25 mph over the speed limit which enhances a speeding ticket to reckless driving.

Would you care to guide me to the section of WA code that spells it out?

Methinks you either made that up to get a reaction or your brother in law’s neighbor’s boss’s wife works for a guy whose mom used to date a guy who mowed the lawn of a lawyer who told him that back in the 80s.

Any one over 18 knows it is illegal to drink and drive.

Any one over 18 knows it is possible to kill someone if you drink and drive.

This is not some new discovery unknown until ISM did it.

It was not a new discovery when the previous guy did it.

It is a selfish and potentially wicked choice to make.
Obviously... I would bet the coaches at most every program would preach about not doing that crap over and over not just day 1 of orientation but quite a bit. I listened to the WUW podcast and Kluver talked about how his freshman yr James Morris got up in front of the team to tell everyone he better not hear about players in bars in IC after a loss they'd had. This team seems short on senior leadership. Coaches can only do so much.

Good thoughts.

First one: spot on.
Second one: KF must mind his Ps and Qs.

Any discipline could be race bias and take away from ISM’s future earnings.
Agree. This is a mess.

Many addressed the #1 point, but many did not really think about my #2 point.

Agree with you. KF has to walk on egg shells now and this is not going be easy for the program.

Out of curiosity and because it seemed like a pretty serious penalty, I checked into that and it’s nowhere in any of the Washington state DUI or reckless driving codes. In fact, there’s nothing I any of the code about “double the speed limit” penalties, only a reference to driving 25 mph over the speed limit which enhances a speeding ticket to reckless driving.

Would you care to guide me to the section of WA code that spells it out?

Methinks you either made that up to get a reaction or your brother in law’s neighbor’s boss’s wife works for a guy whose mom used to date a guy who mowed the lawn of a lawyer who told him that back in the 80s.

When I read that I agree with your thoughts. I don't know how a state could nail somebody with a manslaughter charge without actually killing someone. There is no way.

Agree. This is a mess.

Many addressed the #1 point, but many did not really think about my #2 point.

Agree with you. KF has to walk on egg shells now and this is not going be easy for the program.

I don't see how KF has to walk on egg shells with regards to any discipline. There was absolutely nothing in question about the arrest. It's not like were talking about ISM blowing a .09 and going 2 miles over the limit. The way I see it is there really isn't any grey area here. I think he'd be absolutely fine handling it like he has any other OWI in the past.

I don't see how KF has to walk on egg shells with regards to any discipline. There was absolutely nothing in question about the arrest. It's not like were talking about ISM blowing a .09 and going 2 miles over the limit. The way I see it is there really isn't any grey area here. I think he'd be absolutely fine handling it like he has any other OWI in the past.
Yeah I agree. To me the question is does he get more then what prior kids have gotten? He's a senior more then knows better. During the season and he was crazy high over the limit and speeding way way too fast in a 30 mph zone. Not all OWIs are created equal and I could see KF tacking on something extra for him. So who knows we'll see.

Just saw Calvin Lockett is leaving to transfer...

It's the culture we live in now. If you look at it objectively, yes I agree with you. There is no excuse. You have to look around though at this present time, unfortunately, objectivity is often thrown out the door. There is no rhyme or reason now half the riots happen in your cities.

Kahlil Hill was suspended for Kirk's entire first season but I don't think it had anything to do with a drunk driving arrest.

I heard one romantic rumor that he took a swing at Doyle. I heard another that illegal supplements may have been involved.

Latest posts