Isaiah Moss putting on a clinic

I think we might look back and Moss leaving might tell more of the story of the direction of the prorgram.

Dude had 1 year left to play with JBo, Joe W, Garza. We had 4 decent pieces with Moss in my opinion. Obviously the health of JBo came out later after Moss had deduced to transfer.

I get it’s Kansas and a chance to play for a championship but to lose a guy in that situation who should be bought into the program after spending 4 years never made much sense to me.

I don’t have any bad feelings towards Isiah but I’d love to know why Moss ultimately decided to leave.
This.

My guess is he’s not the the kind of person that tolerates the indiscriminate yelling and “discipline”.

Constant getting left on the bench in the second half for Connor —- understand completely why he left.

This.

My guess is he’s not the the kind of person that tolerates the indiscriminate yelling and “discipline”.

Constant getting left on the bench in the second half for Connor —- understand completely why he left.

He got left on the bench before Connor was even on the team. Any other ideas why he left?

When the games really count, Moss will be lost in the ether just like he was at Iowa.

You guys on this thread dogging Moss are losers. Sorry. He played at Iowa and gave his all. He is a college kid, not a pro. You feel the need to criticize, because? You don’t have to say anything, actually. Instead, you choose to speak ill of a guy that has done nothing to deserve it.

You personify a lot of what is wrong with the internet. You hide behind your keyboard and criticize a college kid that did the best he could for your team. A college kid that carried himself well deserves better. But you would rather criticize. I am sure you feel better now, though. That is all that matters. Can you make yourself feel good by anonymously cutting down someone else that doesn’t deserve it?

Good job. Mission accomplished.

I think we might look back and Moss leaving might tell more of the story of the direction of the prorgram.

Dude had 1 year left to play with JBo, Joe W, Garza. We had 4 decent pieces with Moss in my opinion. Obviously the health of JBo came out later after Moss had deduced to transfer.

I get it’s Kansas and a chance to play for a championship but to lose a guy in that situation who should be bought into the program after spending 4 years never made much sense to me.

I don’t have any bad feelings towards Isiah but I’d love to know why Moss ultimately decided to leave.
Moss wants to have a career in the NBA, didn't see Iowa as the place to help him reach the goal. Go to a name school with a history of wining, NBA talent, have a better chance. Chasing a dream. Players do this all the time since it isn't really about "an education" or the joys of "amateur team play and bonding." This move made sense to Moss and it does to me also. Hope it works out for him. He wasn't nor would he have been this year the player who makes Iowa different than what it has been under Fran.

Why the hate? What lock down defenders do we have. Maybe he will get some real coaching on it. What ever you don't like about Self he generally does do negative coaching unlike our guy. Self gets on players but he generally doesn't imply worthlessness.

Who do we have to that won't have bad games?

So we can throw the Garza performance out the door? You honestly think OR wouldn't finish last in Big play?

Hit shots, that is the only thing Kansas is asking of him. Not hating on that at all. Do what you have to do to improve your NBA prospects.

Rob Griffin?o_O
He was on Alford's first team. He could score 30 or zero on any given night. When you averaged it all together he ended up tied for second, with Jacob Jaacks, for the team scoring lead behind Dean Oliver.

He was a juco who only played his junior year. I think Alford dismissed him for academics. Alford had Luke Recker and Ryan Hogan coming in anyway.

You guys on this thread dogging Moss are losers. Sorry. He played at Iowa and gave his all. He is a college kid, not a pro. You feel the need to criticize, because? You don’t have to say anything, actually. Instead, you choose to speak ill of a guy that has done nothing to deserve it.

You personify a lot of what is wrong with the internet. You hide behind your keyboard and criticize a college kid that did the best he could for your team. A college kid that carried himself well deserves better. But you would rather criticize. I am sure you feel better now, though. That is all that matters. Can you make yourself feel good by anonymously cutting down someone else that doesn’t deserve it?

Saying Moss was inconsistent isn't really dogging on him, it was what he was. We said the same thing when he was here. He did play at Iowa and give it his all. He was one of my favorite guys. But he also left Iowa with eligibility left. He came to Iowa as a unheralded recruit. Iowa was the engine he used to get the ability to transfer to a school the caliber of KS. Without that, KS would have never even known who IM was. He took 4 years of coaching, support and funding from the U of I and then absolutely spit in their faces for his Sr. year. The year that was suppose to be the big pay off for a project recruit. He F'd the team we all cheer for in epic fashion.

I am not anonymous on this site and I am also an Iowa fan. Iowa fans don't need to cheer for players who play for other schools and to expect them to is asking an awful lot from this crowd. They certainly don't need to cheer for a player who took a dump on mid court of Carver.

Last edited:
Moss was a solid if unspectacular starting wing. Those guys are inconsistent on every team. Look up Matt Thomas' senior stats at ISU. 20 points, then 2 points, then 20 points, etc. That's basketball.

Moss will have 5 or 6 games where he lights it up for Kansas. 5 or 6 where he disappears and the rest in between. That's a predictable assessment.

Moss was a solid if unspectacular starting wing. Those guys are inconsistent on every team. Look up Matt Thomas' senior stats at ISU. 20 points, then 2 points, then 20 points, etc. That's basketball.
He always seemed to save his 20 point nights for Iowa.:)

Yea but he wasn't guaranteed to make or be invited on the Kansas team. If my memory is correct, he wasn't initially until the FBI findings came out and a couple players left.

He always seemed to save his 20 point nights for Iowa.:)

Thomas actually wasn't very good against Iowa for his career actually. Iowa probably doesn't beat ISU last year if not for a blistering first half performance from Moss.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

This is a really weird take. Iowa/Fran brought in Moss, allowed him to redshirt, invested 4 years into him, and gave him 24 minutes per game. Suddenly nobody is allowed to question why he left?

Seems likely to me his transfer was related to CJ/JBo/JW also playing heavy minutes at Shooting Guard. Maybe NBA scouts said he needed to work on his man defense and Fran plays a lot of zone now because his team sucks at defense? Maybe his BFF was Cook and with Cook gone he wanted a fresh start?

Personally I don't care at all why he transferred, but to say fans aren't allowed to question/criticize him for leaving is just really f'ing stupid