Is Tony Barbee Iowa's new coach?

Corbin- you seem to know a lot of what is going on. If Barbee is hired, would Forbes consider coming to Iowa to be the top assistant? Would he campaign for that like he is for the head position?

Corbin- you seem to know a lot of what is going on. If Barbee is hired, would Forbes consider coming to Iowa to be the top assistant? Would he campaign for that like he is for the head position?

I doubt it...He's sitting pretty good as an asst now. I think this is his year to be a HC somewhere...He passed up chances before waiting for this job.

Memphis is in CUSA- when is the last time an MVC team got past the sweet 16- maybe Drake under Maury John or Wichita under Ralph Miller. How many NBA players have come out of CUSA vs. MVC?

Need to work on your history a bit there man, does Indiana State in the NCAA finals game against Michigan State ring a bell? You know, the game with Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, the one that got college basketball on the map as far as tv ratings and all go, plus, it helped jump the ratings up in the NBA with both of those guys and their continued rivalry in the NBA.

Both Barbee and Forbes seem to be good choices, it will be fun to see who it turns out to be. It would be nice to see this over with quickly.

Both Barbee and Forbes seem to be good choices, it will be fun to see who it turns out to be. It would be nice to see this over with quickly.
I think we're still in the stage that we're desperately pleading for this to be our final 2

I have to say, outside of Pearl, who I thought was not realistic anyway, that Barbee and Forbes have been two of my favorites. I could see a situation where there may be an offer on the table with Barbee with a deadline, knowing that Forbes is a good option 1A. I don't think Iowa could go wrong with either hire and hope the entire fanbase can jump on board?

nice little article.

but, the question remains: who are the "Iowa University sources" they tried to reach for comment?

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere I now believe that both Forbes and Barbee have already been interviewed by Iowa. Don't know if any offer to Barbee and I assume none to Forbes yet.

What kind of a pace does Barbee run???? I know Forbes would most likely keep a pace near Pearl's...because that is what he has been around.

What kind of a pace does Barbee run???? I know Forbes would most likely keep a pace near Pearl's...because that is what he has been around.

Fast. His first year they were 8th fastest in the country. Second year they were 17th. Third year they were 20th. This year they were 68th. What's great is that they have very low turnover percentages while playing fast.

I think Barbee or Forbes could work. Right now, I give a slight edge to Barbee due to the recent head coaching experience,but if it is Forbes, I will have an open mind.

Forbes is the #1...was announced as that on WMT tonight. Forbes would have corrected him if not true.

Yes, Forbes is the #1 assistant. That's because Tony Jones holds the title of Associate Head Coach. He's not considered an assistant. So there was nothing for Forbes to correct on WMT. Just semantics.

I have to say, outside of Pearl, who I thought was not realistic anyway, that Barbee and Forbes have been two of my favorites. I could see a situation where there may be an offer on the table with Barbee with a deadline, knowing that Forbes is a good option 1A. I don't think Iowa could go wrong with either hire and hope the entire fanbase can jump on board?

This is exactly how I feel, and I hope this is the case. I don't think we can really go too wrong with either of them, but from what I've heard I'd prefer Barbee just barely over Forbes. Regardless, they'll be more entertaining to watch than the past few years.

Latest posts