is there even a remote chance

Would take him back without hesitation. 4-8 team vs national champion. At the time there was really no way to blame him for switching. Now that Iowa is showing a lot of hope for the future I'm hoping that he's secretly at least considering the idea.

In other words, a "fair-weather" Hawkeye.

Sorry, I don't want one of those protecting our QB.

In other words, a "fair-weather" Hawkeye.

Sorry, I don't want one of those protecting our QB.

Did you say the same thing about Reilly Reiff when he committed to Iowa, switched to Nebraska, and then switched back to us? I'd say he did pretty good protecting our QB.

Good Lord, some of you are just plain stupid....and unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.

Did you say the same thing about Reilly Reiff when he committed to Iowa, switched to Nebraska, and then switched back to us? I'd say he did pretty good protecting our QB.

Good Lord, some of you are just plain stupid....and unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.

He probably didnt say the same thing because Reiff was recruited as a D-lineman

Iowa is putting together another really good recruiting class without him. My guess is that his spot has already been filled, or Iowa has zeroed in and focused on different prospects.

To me, if an Iowa born kid that supposedly grew up a big Hawk fan doesn't want to come play for the Hawks, then he really wasn't much of a Hawk fan. Regardless of how Iowa did on the field in 2012, that was the exception, not the norm.

He is taking his chances at Alabama. Very true. They get a lot of good recruits, but he would also be taking his chances at Iowa. It's not as if the Hawks are short on talent in regards to offensive lineman. If anything, that is the most important position within the Iowa program and the competition there is fierce. Only the best players see the field, and sometimes even 5-star recruits never see the starting lineup. We've experienced that. Blake Larsen comes to mind.

So at this stage, I say it's time to move past Ross P and trust that the Iowa coaches have found someone that will be able to compete. If there is one position that I will never worry about with Iowa, it's the O-line. I have blind faith in Kirk (and Brian) Ferentz to find the right players. Kirks track record is flawless.

If RP wants to come to Iowa, there will be a spot open for him. Guaranteed!

If RP wants to come to Iowa, there will be a spot open for him. Guaranteed!

Not sure I would be that confident. I cannot remember this coaching staff under KF allow a recruit to waver back and forth in their commitments. He committed to Iowa once and then broke that commitment, I doubt these coaches are willing to play these type of games even for a prized 5 star recruit. Remember when KF dropped the recruitment of that top lineman from Minnesota (I forget his name already)?

Not sure I would be that confident. I cannot remember this coaching staff under KF allow a recruit to waver back and forth in their commitments. He committed to Iowa once and then broke that commitment, I doubt these coaches are willing to play these type of games even for a prized 5 star recruit. Remember when KF dropped the recruitment of that top lineman from Minnesota (I forget his name already)?

Different situation. Seantrel Henderson had a meddling father. By all accounts RP is a good kid AND he is from Iowa. KF is not going got turn away a local kid if he changes his mind and wants to come to Iowa. That is not going to look too good on the local recruiting trail.

Riley Reiff. Commit to Iowa. Switch to Nebraska. Switch back to Iowa. Goes streaking. All American. First round draft choice. I'm sure Bob is mad that he played for Iowa though right Bob? Did not want him I assume?

Out of Tuscaloosa media (12/10) commenting on staff's recruiting visits last week..........

The staff visited top targets and visited several players already committed to Alabama.
“Coach (Mario) Cristobal told me how crucial I am to the University of Alabama and the coaching staff,â€￾ said Tide commitment Ross Pierschbacher, a Rivals100 offensive tackle from Cedar Falls, Iowa. “He couldn’t stress how excited he was about me. My family liked the visit a lot. They felt a lot more comfortable after talking to him. They are very excited and ready for me to start. They are happy knowing I will be spending a lot of time with Coach Cristobal.â€￾

What is the big deal about this guy? I could see people still being upset if he was a once in a generation talent like Bo Jackson but he's an offensive lineman, a very good one but certainly not an all time talent. We are stacked on the OL already, I doubt this guy would be starting until he was a sophomore at earliest anyway. If the whole issue is hurt feeling from a decommit, get used to it as its a war out there. Everyone is fair game until official signing day. Finally, our staff talks to verbal commits to other places quite often.

Out of Tuscaloosa media (12/10) commenting on staff's recruiting visits last week..........

The staff visited top targets and visited several players already committed to Alabama.
“Coach (Mario) Cristobal told me how crucial I am to the University of Alabama and the coaching staff,” said Tide commitment Ross Pierschbacher, a Rivals100 offensive tackle from Cedar Falls, Iowa. “He couldn’t stress how excited he was about me. My family liked the visit a lot. They felt a lot more comfortable after talking to him. They are very excited and ready for me to start. They are happy knowing I will be spending a lot of time with Coach Cristobal.

That's recruiting. He's Crucial. and he believes it.

wonder how crucial he'll be if he's not quite what they expected or if he gets injured.

I wish the young man the best. If he changes again great, if not, fine. He's a good-great "prospect", nothing more. He's local, so it hurts a little more. Love to have him, not devastating to lose him.

He'll sign or he won't.

“Coach (Mario) Cristobal told me how crucial I am to the University of Alabama and the coaching staff,” said Tide commitment Ross Pierschbacher, a Rivals100 offensive tackle from Cedar Falls, Iowa. “He couldn’t stress how excited he was about me. My family liked the visit a lot. They felt a lot more comfortable after talking to him. They are very excited and ready for me to start. They are happy knowing I will be spending a lot of time with Coach Cristobal.”

I think Cristobal is the big key in the recruitment of RP to Alabama. It seems that they have a great relationship. One thing that maybe has given Alabama an advantage was Cristobal being at Miami when the Hurricanes recruited Matt Pipho back in '05. Cristobal may have gotten a taste of the kind of things that a coach needs to say to an OL recruit from Iowa to get him to go to a school across the country.

I think Cristobal is the big key in the recruitment of RP to Alabama. It seems that they have a great relationship. One thing that maybe has given Alabama an advantage was Cristobal being at Miami when the Hurricanes recruited Matt Pipho back in '05. Cristobal may have gotten a taste of the kind of things that a coach needs to say to an OL recruit from Iowa to get him to go to a school across the country.

All that to say that if Saban does end up leaving Alabama, I think Cristobal could maintain that relationship enough that RP goes to Texas should Cristobal go there as well or sticks with Alabama should Cristobal stay with the Tide.

Riley Reiff. Commit to Iowa. Switch to Nebraska. Switch back to Iowa. Goes streaking. All American. First round draft choice. I'm sure Bob is mad that he played for Iowa though right Bob? Did not want him I assume?

Right. And I was glad when he left early. Oh, and you're funny. Just not "ha ha" funny".

Latest posts