is there even a remote chance

I'm sure there are some posters on here that are facebook friends with him and following him to twitter. They'll fill us in when the time comes.

I'm sure there are some posters on here that are facebook friends with him and following him to twitter. They'll fill us in when the time comes.

Anyone who posts on here who is not a family member of this young man who is "following" him on the twitter or who is "friends" with him on the facebook is neither a friend nor a follower, he is a stalker.

Would take him back without hesitation. 4-8 team vs national champion. At the time there was really no way to blame him for switching. Now that Iowa is showing a lot of hope for the future I'm hoping that he's secretly at least considering the idea.

I hope his teammates and buddies in Cedar Falls jump all over him after Bama's stupid loss. Talk about bad clock management! (Smirk)

Like someone said elsewhere, KF isn't too proud--or stupid--to take a knee.:

I would love to see him flip back to us but if he don't oh well we can do it with out him. Its hard to believe that a offensive lineman from Iowa wouldn't want to stay home and play for Ferentz. My cousin from alabama gives me a hard time about it. I would laugh my *** of if he flipped back to Iowa. GO HAWKS!

Would take him back without hesitation. 4-8 team vs national champion. At the time there was really no way to blame him for switching. Now that Iowa is showing a lot of hope for the future I'm hoping that he's secretly at least considering the idea.

I hope your right.

I don't know if I'd want him. I know that's pretty silly to say, but either your hearts here, or it isn't. I don't blame him for going to bama, id have a hard time saying no either.

Either way is fine..We have had a few 5* offensive lineman over the years. How many have been any better than any of the 2 and 3* kids we have had play?
I can't recall..Was Brandon S. from Denison any more than a 2 or 3*? I do not believe so. Hell, Iowa has sent a number of O-lineman to the NFL that started at Iowa as walk ons.

Either way is fine..We have had a few 5* offensive lineman over the years. How many have been any better than any of the 2 and 3* kids we have had play?
I can't recall..Was Brandon S. from Denison any more than a 2 or 3*? I do not believe so. Hell, Iowa has sent a number of O-lineman to the NFL that started at Iowa as walk ons.

You make a good point. I think Iowa has had 3 five star OL recruits during Ferentz's tenure and none of them made it in the NFL, Richardson, Jones, and Doering.

Iowa is putting together another really good recruiting class without him. My guess is that his spot has already been filled, or Iowa has zeroed in and focused on different prospects.

To me, if an Iowa born kid that supposedly grew up a big Hawk fan doesn't want to come play for the Hawks, then he really wasn't much of a Hawk fan. Regardless of how Iowa did on the field in 2012, that was the exception, not the norm.

He is taking his chances at Alabama. Very true. They get a lot of good recruits, but he would also be taking his chances at Iowa. It's not as if the Hawks are short on talent in regards to offensive lineman. If anything, that is the most important position within the Iowa program and the competition there is fierce. Only the best players see the field, and sometimes even 5-star recruits never see the starting lineup. We've experienced that. Blake Larsen comes to mind.

So at this stage, I say it's time to move past Ross P and trust that the Iowa coaches have found someone that will be able to compete. If there is one position that I will never worry about with Iowa, it's the O-line. I have blind faith in Kirk (and Brian) Ferentz to find the right players. Kirks track record is flawless.

I don't know if I'd want him. I know that's pretty silly to say, but either your hearts here, or it isn't. I don't blame him for going to bama, id have a hard time saying no either.

I agree with this. I don't want him now and I don't think the staff does, either, short of the young man groveling at Kirk's feet and confessing he was wooed with wine, wimmen and weed during his 'Bama visits and he doesn't know what got into him but he is sorry and truly wants to be what he has always wanted to be -- a Hawkeye -- and the best one he can be.

He was obviously sold on the idea of playing for Alabama and having an opportunity to play against the best competition in college football that is the SEC and have an opportunity to compete for National Championships.

None of this has changed.

Did you hijack the id, okeef4prez, or is it a strange change of heart on your part? What I mean is: I remember okeef for speaking his mind, not spewing this koolaid.

That is tempting OK4P, I know it's hard to resist. But sometimes you have to take in state players over those other kids just to keep interest up in the state.

Just ask JD, we don't have very much Div 1 talent.

<<But sometimes you have to take in state players...>>

We did. He affirmed his commitment several times. He then switched. At this point, it's hard to think he is worth the trouble.

Latest posts