IS OUR OFFENSIVE LINE AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS?

longtimer

Coming into the year it was the most questionable part, although WR, Punting and Linebacker were not far behind. After this last scrimmage (which I didnt attend) it sounds like our offense is in big trouble. I realize the defense should be ahead at this point but they aren't a Michigan State level defense. I guess we will see how good this coaching staff is real early in the season. The scheme they come up with better be a whole lot better than the past couple of years. I would guess a lot of short passes, screens and draws as I would expect teams to really pressure.
If we try to go deep (which we need to do) we better have another QB ready to go. And that's not a good thing

Iowa's defence is miles ahead of any defence they will face all season. They will benefit greatly from this, and be a very good unit this season.

Iowa's defence is miles ahead of any defence they will face all season. They will benefit greatly from this, and be a very good unit this season.

I suspect Iowa's defense will be better than the teams we play except for maybe Nebraska. I think Wisky takes a step back and Minnesota will be salty.

I can't remember a spring or Fall that our offense looked good.
That's true but we normally play 3 or 4 cupcakes to get ready for BIG play. That's not the case this year. Illinois St's DL will test us. ISU will blitz the house on us (I know I would). Pitt has a young DL.

HawkNick is just a bonafide troll. The real question is he OK4P or a cyclone troll? His posts are a waste of time and add nothing.

That is completely uncalled for. I am respectful to you, I ask the same in return. It is very childish to call someone names and make false accusations about someone just because you disagree with them. My opinion is that the defense is good, I don't see how anyone can think that is so absurd as not to be believable. If you think that the defese is bad, try to make your case for your opinion rather than resorting to being so childish.

That is completely uncalled for. I am respectful to you, I ask the same in return. It is very childish to call someone names and make false accusations about someone just because you disagree with them. My opinion is that the defense is good, I don't see how anyone can think that is so absurd as not to be believable. If you think that the defese is bad, try to make your case for your opinion rather than resorting to being so childish.

I am not buying what you are selling so give it up. There's a difference between being positive and silly.

I never said anything about the defense and this thread was about the O-line. I do find it comical that you can justify the defense as being good now after last season including a bowl game blow out to end the year. What proof do you have? I do suspect it will be improved ... How could it not be after last season but what is your basis for that opinion. I must have missed that.

Don't ask me why, but I am falling into the "they will get better as the season goes along" trap. My hope is that they hold up during the non-con schedule and eventually get better during conference play.

The key is Boone Myers I realize he will struggle early, I am crossing my fingers the growing pains early will pay off by the end of the year.

Every chance it open practices, and spring games the defence has shown that they are strong. Practicing against Drew Ott, and company, is the best way to prepare an offensive lineman. For that reason those guys will be ready. They prepare against the best to be the best and to break the rock!

O
Every chance it open practices, and spring games the defence has shown that they are strong. Practicing against Drew Ott, and company, is the best way to prepare an offensive lineman. For that reason those guys will be ready. They prepare against the best to be the best and to break the rock!

Hawknick, you are good poster, you bring the positive vibe. However you can't put lipstick on a pig and make it look good.
The offensive line will be the downfall this year. No other way to look at it.

Uhhhh, this is the same defense that got absolutely TORCHED by a nearly .500 team in a bowl game just 7 months ago...minus two NFL draft picks who are no longer playing for us. lol How did they suddenly become miles ahead of any defense we will face all season? Come on, buddy.

Coming into the year it was the most questionable part, although WR, Punting and Linebacker were not far behind. After this last scrimmage (which I didnt attend) it sounds like our offense is in big trouble. I realize the defense should be ahead at this point but they aren't a Michigan State level defense. I guess we will see how good this coaching staff is real early in the season. The scheme they come up with better be a whole lot better than the past couple of years. I would guess a lot of short passes, screens and draws as I would expect teams to really pressure.
If we try to go deep (which we need to do) we better have another QB ready to go. And that's not a good thing

the good news is, that most of the teams on Iowa's schedule have the same issue that iowa has. So they'll hang in there and maybe provide some excitement from time to time. you know, a few first downs, a 20 yard gain once in a while, a pass interference, field goals - who knows before you know it you'll be clapping.