Is Iowa State the best team in the state?

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
The "Iowa State Fred Hoiberg's A God" are absolutely demolishing Drake right now, up 30 close to half. They haven't even had a close game yet, 3-0 after tonight. Thought they were suppose to be young and not good? How has Hoiberg already been able to recruit and win so quick? I don't get it, they haven't been relevant any more than Iowa. They are going to kill us! We are going to hear how good this team is non-stop, even through football season next year, from Clown fans.

Calm down a little bit. We will see how good they look. To start W and L'ing teams after a few games is a little pre-mature. Let the season play out. Maybe Drake just isn't that good. Maybe Iowa St. is a little better. Who really knows. We will find out.

The "Iowa State Fred Hoiberg's A God" are absolutely demolishing Drake right now, up 30 close to half. They haven't even had a close game yet, 3-0 after tonight. Thought they were suppose to be young and not good? How has Hoiberg already been able to recruit and win so quick? I don't get it, they haven't been relevant any more than Iowa. They are going to kill us! We are going to hear how good this team is non-stop, even through football season next year, from Clown fans.

There is no way they will shoot like this again. Drake ran into a buzz-saw tonight.

Well...they're better than Iowa, but I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into them throttling Drake. I don't think Phelps is a very good coach...he's slowly grinding them back to MVC obscurity after a very short (like, 1 season) run the Davisesesesess built up. I'm guessing Iowa will beat Drake, too.

I'm thinking it's between ISU and UNI for the state championship this year...I haven't seen UNI yet, but I assume they are better at this point than ISU just based on recent history.

This is what happens when you have good guards and the offense runs through them. ISU's young guys are mostly front line players.

Ryno going off the deep end regarding ISU basketball?

I cant believe it! ;)

Iowa State beat Drake by 30 points last year as well

ISU has not played anyone. Drake is horrible and will probably finish in the last three of the MVC this year. ISU will have a sub 500 record when its all said and done.

the shocking thing to me about this was that I felt Drake should be much better than this sort of effort. ISU will be lucky to finish above 8th in the B12.

You better jump on their bandwagon now while there is still room.

Beating Alabama State, Northern Arizona and Drake is like beating Duke, Kansas and Michigan St, I guess Iowa might as well not show up on December 10th.

you cant really say who the best team in the state is only a few games in. I think ISU will win the in-state bragging rights against the other three schools (drake, Iowa, UNI) but I don't think anyone from the state will be still playing ball come march (no NCAA's or NIT anyway) so take that for what it's worth: they are probably the best team in Iowa in a generally down year for basketball statewide.

However, next year I dont think it will even be close. ISU will be very good

Drake is getting totally outworked and outhustled. I won't forget Jess Settles editorial about Drake not hiring Gary Close after Keno left. I think it was titled, "Big Mistake, Drake." Instead, they chose a disciple of Herb Sendek.

you cant really say who the best team in the state is only a few games in. I think ISU will win the in-state bragging rights against the other three schools (drake, Iowa, UNI) but I don't think anyone from the state will be still playing ball come march (no NCAA's or NIT anyway) so take that for what it's worth: they are probably the best team in Iowa in a generally down year for basketball statewide.

However, next year I dont think it will even be close. ISU will be very good

How do you figure ISU will be very good next year? Not saying they won't, but weren't they suppose to be good with Brackins, Staiger and company last year? Your banking they will be good in gaining a role player in Chris Allen and a transfer from the basketball hotbed of Penn St. (Babb). I'll say it as I've always had, Royce White will never play a game for Iowa St.

How do you figure ISU will be very good next year? Not saying they won't, but weren't they suppose to be good with Brackins, Staiger and company last year? Your banking they will be good in gaining a role player in Chris Allen and a transfer from the basketball hotbed of Penn St. (Babb). I'll say it as I've always had, Royce White will never play a game for Iowa St.

A certain coach no longer resides in Ames. Besides, Staiger left and Venderbeken got hurt. No outside shooting left Brackins to fend for himself. Last year is irrelevant to next year.

and this is your opinion, just as mine is that they will be very good next year.

they have proven D1 talents in babb and allen coming in as you said. you have nothing other than your personal opinion that say white won't play. all three of these individuals will have an entire year of practicing together under their belts come 11-12. Christopherson will be a senior. Melvin Ejim appears to be a raw talent with a pretty high ceiling. plus they have a decent recruiting class that will be coming in.

there is A LOT saying that they will be good. either way, they will be the best team in the state

Chris Babb I can agree with but Chris Allen is not a role player here. He was at MSU, but he would have started for 90% of the teams in the nation.

They look good tonight. You can say they did this last year too but it was not nearly this dominant. They won by thirty. They were close to that in the first half. I think they are better than last year but they still have glaring weaknesses.

They suck. We're favored to beat them.

Iowa State is going to win the NCAA Championship! Beating Drake by 50 proves it! They are the best in the state! The will blow out Kansas.. nobody can stop this team... umm? WTF are you all talking about? Put down the bottle of Beam and go to bed.

You better jump on their bandwagon now while there is still room.

Beating Alabama State, Northern Arizona and Drake is like beating Duke, Kansas and Michigan St, I guess Iowa might as well not show up on December 10th.

Better beating these teams than losing to them, correct?

I have been very impressed. Did not expect much this year, but this team can compete with every team in the non-conference schedule. Non-conference schedule is not hard at all this year. Toughest three games remaining - vs. Virginia, Creighton and Cal.

Guards carry college basketball teams and this team has 4 really good guards that we have not had in the past.

Last edited: