Is Iowa State the best team in the state?

How do you figure ISU will be very good next year? Not saying they won't, but weren't they suppose to be good with Brackins, Staiger and company last year? Your banking they will be good in gaining a role player in Chris Allen and a transfer from the basketball hotbed of Penn St. (Babb). I'll say it as I've always had, Royce White will never play a game for Iowa St.

I'd say along with the talent they have the biggest thing they did/will do to improve is get rid of Greg McDermott.

They have lines out already? No, they don't.

You won't be favored. Iowa lost to SDSU.

I'm looking at your schedule, I don't see any loses non-con and maybe 3-5 loses conference. I think ISU is the Butler story of this season. If you guys lose to us this year or as long as Hoiberg is your coach, Hoiberg should be fired. That is unacceptable!!

Its honestly way too early to reach any conclusions. That said, the ISU team is showing some pretty serious signs that it is going to be much better than expected. Considering it was picked last in the Big 12, that may not be saying much. But there is a different feel to this team...I felt a hint of the old Hilton Magic tonight that I had not felt for a VERY long team. Just a hint, mind you...but it was there. I think this squad is going to pull out a plus .500 season and may even sneak into an NIT bid...which, given the pre-season predictions...would be something of a miracle.

I'm looking at your schedule, I don't see any loses non-con and maybe 3-5 loses conference. I think ISU is the Butler story of this season. If you guys lose to us this year or as long as Hoiberg is your coach, Hoiberg should be fired. That is unacceptable!!

Are you serious? You are drinking more Kool-Aid than the most dyed in the wool Clone fans, and apparently it's spiked with Everclear.

Ok got it dude.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

1 of 2 things, hawkeyerhino is really a clone fan or he is just stirring the pot which he usually does. I'm going with him being a clone fan posting on Hawkeye site as a Hawk fan.

I think ISU was 6-0 last year and they were setting the world on fire. I still dont think they have the horses to do much of anything in the Big 12, but they may be the best team in the state.

This year, that may be like being the prettiest girl in....nevermind. Cant think of something that won't get me into trouble.

How about in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king :)

I think ISU was 6-0 last year and they were setting the world on fire. I still dont think they have the horses to do much of anything in the Big 12, but they may be the best team in the state.

This year, that may be like being the prettiest girl in....nevermind. Cant think of something that won't get me into trouble.

Last year the scout team did not consist of a starting point guard from Michigan State, at top 20 player from Minnesota, a starting guard from Penn State and a top 40 High School player from Southern Illinois.

The guys they play against in practice could be better than what they will see at UNI, Iowa, and obviously Drake.

Last year the scout team did not consist of a starting point guard from Michigan State, at top 20 player from Minnesota, a starting guard from Penn State and a top 40 High School player from Southern Illinois.

The guys they play against in practice could be better than what they will see at UNI, Iowa, and obviously Drake.

What he said.

Well you also thought Iowa would go 12-0 and now they're trying to avoid a 4th loss :) Sorry had to get a jab in there.

I think ISU will be very lucky to even go 500 in the Big 12. But hey, if you can go 500 and win most of your NC games, it's never bad to be in the bubble discussion or get some extra games in the NIT.

iowa will beat ISU in carver, just as they did in 2008 with a worse team

ISU will come crashing back to reality just as they do every year.

drake was picked for 8th in a very weak MVC this year.

The "Iowa State Fred Hoiberg's A God" are absolutely demolishing Drake right now, up 30 close to half. They haven't even had a close game yet, 3-0 after tonight. Thought they were suppose to be young and not good? How has Hoiberg already been able to recruit and win so quick? I don't get it, they haven't been relevant any more than Iowa. They are going to kill us! We are going to hear how good this team is non-stop, even through football season next year, from Clown fans.
Ah! We will not necessarily get killed by them. Lets not jump off the cliff yet. ISU has recruited well in the past and will in the future. Fran got in late and will be bringing in some great "players". Give him time and lets not forfeit all of our games yet.

Ah! We will not necessarily get killed by them. Lets not jump off the cliff yet. ISU has recruited well in the past and will in the future. Fran got in late and will be bringing in some great "players". Give him time and lets not forfeit all of our games yet.

He was hired a month before Hoiberg.

He was hired a month before Hoiberg.

True, but ISU kept TJ, so in terms of recruiting nothing really changed, other
than maybe it got a bit easier with a new up tempo style to sell . Fran pretty much had to start recruiting from scratch.

I will say while there is an on going joke about Fred's speed dial thing, I do think
his connections helped him on some of those transfers and that is probably the
biggest impact to this program in Fred's short tenure.

Last edited:
True, but ISU kept TJ, so in terms of recruiting nothing really changed, other
than maybe it got a bit easier with a new up tempo style to sell . Fran pretty much had to start recruiting from scratch.

I will say while there is an on going joke about Fred's speed dial thing, I do think
his connections helped him on some of those transfers and that is probably the
biggest impact to this program in Fred's short tenure.

I don't think Fran really had to do anything for Marble or McCabe did he? they were Lick recruits right? Just saying.

Being the best college basketball team in Iowa is about as impressive as being the best downhill skier in Kansas.

Latest posts