Is anyone else getting sick of hearing about how great Joe Paterno is

I'm confused after reading this board and listening to college GameDay. Is there some smoking gun that I haven't read or heard it about? My understanding is that there is evidence that Coach Paterno knew about inappropriate activity "possibly of a sexual nature" (according to the grand jury findings), but I haven't seen anything other than speculation, assumptions or "media" reports that says Coach Paterno "conspired" to protect JS. If that evidence comes to light, then we can all judge Coach Paterno accordingly. But until then, why is everyone just assuming that is the case.

I saw on the ESPN scroll that one of the Trustees said that Coach Paterno was fired to stop the media onslaught. Is this the country that we live in, that someone with a 50+ year positive track record can be brought down without any real evidence? I feel the BOT should have put Coach Paterno on administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation.

What FACTS am I missing? Don't give me speculation or what you think probably happened.

I'm confused after reading this board and listening to college GameDay. Is there some smoking gun that I haven't read or heard it about? My understanding is that there is evidence that Coach Paterno knew about inappropriate activity "possibly of a sexual nature" (according to the grand jury findings), but I haven't seen anything other than speculation, assumptions or "media" reports that says Coach Paterno "conspired" to protect JS. If that evidence comes to light, then we can all judge Coach Paterno accordingly. But until then, why is everyone just assuming that is the case.

I saw on the ESPN scroll that one of the Trustees said that Coach Paterno was fired to stop the media onslaught. Is this the country that we live in, that someone with a 50+ year positive track record can be brought down without any real evidence? I feel the BOT should have put Coach Paterno on administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation.

What FACTS am I missing? Don't give me speculation or what you think probably happened.

Fact: Sundusky was told not to bring little boys to the stadium anymore. You can assume that because of this ultimatum the "program" knew about his f'ed up sickness. Joe knew, get your head out of the sand. page 8 of the report.

Joe Pa deserves every bit of criticism he is getting as well as the assistant as well.

My head is not in the sand. I believe Coach Paterno knew as well. I just don't know that for sure as a fact to fire him. Maybe the BOT have more facts than us. I doubt it since Surma said at the press conference that they did not have any more facts and yesterday one of the Trustees said they fired him to stop the media onslaught. That's why I believe administrative leave would have been more appropriate. Get Coach Paterno away from the team and University.

My head is not in the sand. I believe Coach Paterno knew as well. I just don't know that for sure as a fact to fire him. Maybe the BOT have more facts than us. I doubt it since Surma said at the press conference that they did not have any more facts and yesterday one of the Trustees said they fired him to stop the media onslaught. That's why I believe administrative leave would have been more appropriate. Get Coach Paterno away from the team and University.

Sorry if I sounded confrontational, this story just gets me fired up every time I think about it.

JoePa at his age shouldnn't have been in this position to begin with. Shame on the University and allowing him to continue these last 10 to 12 years. JoePa has been out of it for the last 10 years.

Kids camping out on Paterno's lawn supporting him yet nobody is following Sandusky. Some people are seriously ****edd in the head.

Watching the press conference for their game, watching the fans and the players reaction this game, they are acting similar to Virginia Tech after the shooting their. Their acting like their entire school is a victim and that we should feel sorry for them. The problem is that this really has nothing to do with them, it's about the kids who were victimized and it's driving me crazy.

And I'm tired of them showing JoePa's kid too. The whole thing is annoying, **** that school.

I am a high school coach and work in a field in which I am required to be a mandatory reporter for both these jobs. The fact is, if I'm aware of a situation and don't report it to the authorities or turn and look the other way, I get fired. The fact is it's a no brainer you file the report. Based on the grand jury report they could most likely have prevented 6 confirmed sexual assaults. Again, a simple phone call to report the incident by anyone in this circle that was involved and 6 confirmed assaults most likely are avoided.
IMO everyone that failed to make a report whether covering up for Sandusky or expecting someone else to do something deserved to be terminated immediately. And I couldn't agree more that the disturbing part is the fact that more people are concerned about the ending of a legend's career then they are for the victim's and it's discusting not to mention disturbing.

McQuerry in the grand jury testimony told paterno is was rape, anal sex whatever.

Imo Paterno, the AD, pres changed it to somethign else to try and cover it up.

Besides that there were charges against sandusky in 1998 already.

And also you think they didn't know Sandusky was a pedophile? People at the high school knew. The high school AD noticed how Sandusky would act very wierd around these kids.

You can try to bury your head in the sand to protect some image of Paterno in your brain.

Paterno (like many other people who pretend to be some kind of moral monarchs) was a hypocrite and a coward when it mattered most.

Anything I see someone talk such a big game morally - My instinct is otherwise.

Latest posts