Is anyone else getting sick of hearing about how great Joe Paterno is

I Just read it again, Joe reported it to his AD after the GA reported it to him. In the report, Joe plays a very small part. The GA shouldv stopped it, and the AD was the most qualified to handle the situation and look into it, not Joe. Joe did his job legally speaking, the AD did not. I bet Joe felt that the AD would take care of it, so he went on with whatever he was doing. The only reason Joe was fired was cuz he didn't call the cops, not cuz he was harboring a sex offender.

With every post you make on this subject, ah nevermind.....

Growing up in a lutheran church, Going to summer church camps for 10 yrs, working at one, working as a life guard for 3 yrs...ya I'm pretty sure I know how to stand up to evil and do the right thing. And I'm pretty sure I know when to give someone a chance to defend themselves.

Are you sure? From what I've been reading, you don't have a f'ing clue what is right and wrong.

Growing up in a lutheran church, Going to summer church camps for 10 yrs, working at one, working as a life guard for 3 yrs...ya I'm pretty sure I know how to stand up to evil and do the right thing.
You may stand up to evil, but you have displayed that you have no idea how to do the right thing.

And I'm pretty sure I know when to give someone a chance to defend themselves.
Too bad that McQueary and JoePa did nothing to defend innocent children that were being raped by a monster, because they were too busy protecting their own self interests.

To bad that McQueary and JoePa did nothing to defend innocent children that were being raped by a monster, because they were too busy protecting their own self interests.

Actually they informed the AD who did nothing. Doing nothing means actually doing nothing which makes your statement that they "did nothing" false.

Last edited:
I can taste bile in the back of my throat every time I think of the nice things I have said about JoePa in my lifetime. I wish I could take it all back, but I was fooled just like everyone else, minus the kids he could have protected. At least one of them knew they were utterly failed by JoePa and his lackeys.

I am really tired of hearing this "he did everything he was legally obligated to do." You people are pathetic. While you are right, currently, (there will be legislation VERY soon making inaction like Joe's a serious crime) it was not near enough and you know it. That legislation cannot come soon enough, and I wish it had been in place before. It is unfathomable that it is within the bounds of the law to not report direct credible knowledge of molestation to the police. Like I always say about this time, I almost wish he11 was real so JoePa and the rest of his lackeys could go burn there. JoePa is a pathetic excuse of a man, and I wish him nothing but the worst. That is all.

So this is the baseline of who we erect statues to, name trophies after and bestow the title "living legend"?

Like I've said before, the apologists must chose;

Legend or schmuk? Because a legend isn't satisfied with "I'll take care of it". A legend follows up. A legend goes to the source and makes sure no funny business is occurring in his facilities on his watch.

This.

Unless you can find me a halftime speech where Joe told his kids "let's get out there and do the very least that is required of us!" Not going to happen. A legend he is not.

Actually they informed the AD who did nothing.

And then JoePa and McQueary did nothing after that. They knew what he did, yet they didn't find it odd that he was never arrested/charged? If Joe were the kind of high-moral guy that we've been told for decades that he was, he would have seen that and pressed the issue. But he didn't.

Growing up in a lutheran church, Going to summer church camps for 10 yrs, working at one, working as a life guard for 3 yrs...ya I'm pretty sure I know how to stand up to evil and do the right thing.
You may stand up to evil, but you have displayed that you have no idea how to do the right thing.
And I'm pretty sure I know when to give someone a chance to defend themselves.
Too bad that McQueary and JoePa did nothing to defend innocent children that were being raped by a monster, because they were too busy protecting their own self interests.

And you sir do know how to do the right thing? You'ev done it all your life havnt you. Your completly immune to doing no wrong....? Thats what i thought.

It is possible to be a great man in many regards, and still commit an awful, awful error. The awful error does not undo all of the great, but it certainly changes how the person is viewed.

Much of this depends upon whether this was an elaborate coverup (in which case he is evil and heinous), or whether it was a case of a whole bunch of people refusing to deal with reality (in which case he can be a great man who committed a devastating error that ruined many lives and should forever tarnish his legacy). I don't think enough people realize just how many people ignore evidence of child abuse in this society and others across the globe.

Figuring out how to address this systematic failing is more important than making sure Paterno is labeled as a monster.

Last edited:
And you sir do know how to do the right thing? You'ev done it all your life havnt you. Your completly immune to doing no wrong....? Thats what i thought.

My shoplifting football trading cards in junior high, and learning from that experience, HARDLY stacks up against not making sure a child molester gets put behind bars.

Actually they informed the AD who did nothing. Doing nothing means actually doing nothing which makes your statement that they "did nothing" false.
Fine. A reasonable and intelligent person would see that he did the bare minimum to protect children being raped by a monster. I see that common logic and morality is a foreign concept to two people in this thread.

I'm glad that JoePa could pass the buck and wash his hands of this situation. People like him and those that defend his actions make me sick.

Wrong again. He said they did nothing to protect innocent children. All Paterno did was just enough to keep his job, and ultimately he failed to even do that.

As someone else has already pointed out, had Paterno done the right thing and followed through to the end his legacy would have not only remained intact but enhanced. He didn't, it wasn't.

It is possible to be a great man in many regards, and still commit an awful, awful error. The awful error does not undo all of the great, but it certainly changes how the person was viewed.

Much of this depends upon whether this was an elaborate coverup (in which case he is evil and heinous), or whether it was a case of a whole bunch of people refusing to deal with reality (in which case he can be a great man who committed a devastating error that ruined many lives and should forever tarnish his legacy). I don't think enough people realize just how many people ignore evidence of child abuse in this society and others across the globe.

Figuring out how to address this systematic failing is more important than making sure Paterno is labeled as a monster.

Even if it wasn't a coverup. Even if Paterno purposely avoided knowing, that is bad. If I hear Paterno or his lawyers say "technically" I might puke. As in

reporter:"People tried to tell him",
Lawyer: "well, that may be true but technically, since Joe covered his hears he didn't hear them"

For those defending Joe,let me ask you this. McQueary goes in and tells Joe about a incident in the shower between Sandusky and a little boy. Lets not even argue about how in depth the conversation gets. He then says and Joe by the way the little boy was your grandson.

Do you guys still think this great man treats this situation the same way?

A great man would treat any little boy the same as he would treat his own kids.

I have made many mistakes and sinned on many occasions, but I can tell you two things, without hesitation and with 100% honesty:

1) I have never sexually assaulted a child (or anyone else for that matter) and

2) If I did hear a credible report (or multiple reports) that a monster that I knew personally was sexually assaulting a child, I know that the right thing to do would be to call the police, not pass the buck to someone else.

If you are such a moral and Christian person, you would understand that God thinks of those who defile a child or causes a child to sin to be a much worse, much more sinister person.

I can't believe how clueless you are. Comparing the sexual abuse of a child and the coverup of the situation to anything else is appalling and insulting.

Last edited:
hey guys, "berghawk" is obviously a troll, so why do you continue to feed it???

hey guys, "berghawk" is obviously a troll, so why do you continue to feed it???

Very true Vin. How do you think berghawk is going to respond some day when a friend of his catches his old lady and a guy in the shower. Im sure the just horsing around line will work just fine for bergy.

Very true Vin. How do you think berghawk is going to respond some day when a friend of his catches his old lady and a guy in the shower. Im sure the just horsing around line will work just fine for bergy.

or worse, his 11 yr old son :mad:

Latest posts