Is anyone else getting sick of hearing about how great Joe Paterno is

And then JoePa and McQueary did nothing after that. They knew what he did, yet they didn't find it odd that he was never arrested/charged? If Joe were the kind of high-moral guy that we've been told for decades that he was, he would have seen that and pressed the issue. But he didn't.

This is a winner. The first time he saw Sandusky on campus after reporting, he should have been prodding the AD and campus police about investigative findings. Then, he would have known they sat on it, and he should have called the REAL police.

What a person would/should do spontaneously at the scene (McQueary's initial response) is hard to speculate on. However, going BACK to the AD and Univ. Police Chief to ask why Sandusky was still walking around should be a pretty universal reaction at some point within a week of seeing him there. Most people would have placed the call before their next meal.

BergHawk, nothing about this requires assumption that JoePa knew more than what the Grand Jury presentment says he knew.

Jo Pa had a positive effect on tens of thousands of people which is tens of thousands more than everyone on this board.

Unfortunately, he made a mistake that could have prevented a negative effect on a select few individuals.

His mistake was a big one, but no one is perfect. As time passes, is mistake will never be forgotten, but he will still be remembered as a legend and a great ambassador of the game.

How he is remembered is how people choose to remember him. When you look at his entire body of work, I think the majority of people will still consider Joe Paterno a legend 20 years from now.

Just stop. The act (and I sure as hell hope that's what it is) isn't funny with regards to this story. If you honestly think the above I am at a loss for words.

Not an act. 20 years from now... assuming he doesn't get in any legal trouble over this... people will still see Joe Paterno as a legend and his name will still be on the Big 10 title trophy. He'll also stay in the college football hall of fame.

Will some people also not see him as a legend, instead as an enabler or as a pedophile hoarder. You bet.

Not an act. 20 years from now... assuming he doesn't get in any legal trouble over this... people will still see Joe Paterno as a legend and his name will still be on the Big 10 title trophy. He'll also stay in the college football hall of fame.

Will some people also not see him as a legend, instead as an enabler or as a pedophile hoarder. You bet.

Um, no.

Pedo+State+University+Keep+calm+and+follow+me+back+to_5df63c_2857292.jpg

^^^

That's Joe Pathetic's legacy, pal.

1. As a veteran on this board on veterans day I'm gonna say you're welcome to you Brian and every other ******bag (thousands) like you.

2. "negative effect" ??? It ruined their ****ing lives. How many considered or attempted suicide?

Paterno's legacy is failure.

20, thank you for your service and I agree with you 100%.

You can't talk about how you live up to some moral standard then have a known molestor running around in your showers and do next to nothing about it.

Joe Pa was full of s***

And that's not suprising because many people up on their moral high horses usually are.

Just stop. The act (and I sure as hell hope that's what it is) isn't funny with regards to this story. If you honestly think the above I am at a loss for words.

It's not an act, hoffa, he just said so. Which means BK Stacker really is a shortsighted, insensitive dipsh!t.
Told ya.

Brian have you yet to grasp the fact that the reason nothing was done in 2002 is because they decided to cover up the 1998 incident which put them in the position of having to forever cover up what this man was doing lest it became known that they had covered up for him before? They never called the police because they were trying to protect themselves from the consequences of their previous actions while allowing by their inaction countless more children to be raped. That is the Joe Paterno legacy that everyone will remember. Get it?

^^ THIS POST SHOULD BE A STICKY ON THIS SUBJECT! ^^
perfectly stated, latrans

I Just read it again, Joe reported it to his AD after the GA reported it to him. In the report, Joe plays a very small part. The GA shouldv stopped it, and the AD was the most qualified to handle the situation and look into it, not Joe. Joe did his job legally speaking, the AD did not. I bet Joe felt that the AD would take care of it, so he went on with whatever he was doing. The only reason Joe was fired was cuz he didn't call the cops, not cuz he was harboring a sex offender.

You just dont get it do you ?? Morally , Joe Pa. failed so miserably that it's a no brainer that he had to be removed from his job. You need to remove the blinders pal , cuz the more you post the dumber you sound. Better yet ; get lost !

Yes, but I'm also tired about hearing how bad he is.

The facade has cracked and is quickly falling off the craggly old legend of Happy Valley. Prepare to avert your eyes from what is revealed. He protected a pedophile, all for the sake of his holier-than-thou revenue-generating football program, while ignoring the destruction of the lives of young victims.

It will be interesting to see how much further this investigation goes, and the fall-out. If investigators and prosecutors do their job, this could get a whole lot uglier, if that's even possible.

And then JoePa and McQueary did nothing after that. They knew what he did, yet they didn't find it odd that he was never arrested/charged? If Joe were the kind of high-moral guy that we've been told for decades that he was, he would have seen that and pressed the issue. But he didn't.

Would not be surprised to learn that Sandusky continued to act as a surrogate for JoePa's football program, even up to last week. Not one bit.

Jo Pa had a positive effect on tens of thousands of people which is tens of thousands more than everyone on this board.

1. As a veteran on this board on veterans day I'm gonna say you're welcome to you Brian and every other ******bag (thousands) like you.

2. "negative effect" ??? It ruined their ****ing lives. How many considered or attempted suicide?

Paterno's legacy is failure.

briankaldenberg has now been officially detesticalled and should be banned for eternity.

Joepa is no better than the pedophile he conspired to protect. I would like to see him prosecuted for criminal conspiracy. Was very happy to see him fired and end his Penn State career in total disgrace.

Latest posts