Is anyone else getting sick of hearing about how great Joe Paterno is

Um he's A living legend, and hes the winningest coach in major college football. So ya. Just cause he made one Ill judgment doesn't mean he should be condemned forever. Nobody knows his side of the story and what he was told. JoePa is a good man

Um he's A living legend, and hes the winningest coach in major college football. So ya. Just cause he made one Ill judgment doesn't mean he should be condemned forever. Nobody knows his side of the story and what he was told. We thought JoePa was a good man

FIFY

Um he's A living legend, and hes the winningest coach in major college football. So ya. Just cause he made one Ill judgment doesn't mean he should be condemned forever. Nobody knows his side of the story and what he was told. JoePa is a good man

When that ill judgment enables a pedophile to continue infecting other lives and to do so under your nose while using your footblll program as an enticing lure to little boys then some of that goodness doesn't shine so brightly.

From everything that you have said, I realize that you are too ignorant to understand the gravity and importance of the situation, but allowing him access to PSU facilities and covering up years of pedophilia is not "one ill judgement." It's sick. It's depravity. JoePa is a willing accomplice.

I know, I know, all of the facts haven't come out, but I am intelligent enough to read the facts in the grand jury findings, and to listen to what other football players and coaches (Barry Switzer for one) have said, and there is no way he didn't know what happened, and was likely involved in the coverup. Hell, even students heard rumblings about what was going on with Sandisgusting, he was a running joke on campus.

Let us not forget that he as well as all of the other brass at PSU have either been fired or have resigned. I guess that was for no reason what-so-ever, huh?

I guess for the ignorant (a-hem), a few wins means more than the innocence of some under priviledged children.

You really need to quit commenting on this story. Every time you do, it makes you look not only ignorant, but flat out stupid. It seems like you support pedophilia and the coverup.

No one knows what JoePa was told, does nobody get that? If you do know "everything" about it, then you can talk s**t, but you don't. Full story has yet to be told. So that's why I stand supporting JoePa.

He may have won a lot of games over 45 years, but for 15 years or so he had to have at least some knowledge of these incidents. For the past 9-10 he has had direct knowledge and the guy was still around.

So, is 1 year of knowing and not doing enough equal to 3 of great coaching? Many would say yes.

Jo Pa had a positive effect on tens of thousands of people which is tens of thousands more than everyone on this board.

Unfortunately, he made a mistake that could have prevented a negative effect on a select few individuals.

His mistake was a big one, but no one is perfect. As time passes, is mistake will never be forgotten, but he will still be remembered as a legend and a great ambassador of the game.

How he is remembered is how people choose to remember him. When you look at his entire body of work, I think the majority of people will still consider Joe Paterno a legend 20 years from now.

Last edited:
I'm saying that Joe deserves to explain himself, which I think is fair. No one is giving him that chance right now, everyone is just sending him to hell, and he doesn't get to defend himself?

No one knows what JoePa was told, does nobody get that? If you do know "everything" about it, then you can talk s**t, but you don't. Full story has yet to be told. So that's why I stand supporting JoePa.
I know enough to know that either JoePa knew about it and covered it up, or he SHOULD have known, yet he cared more about his program than he did innocent children, so he ignored it. Let's not forget:

The guy admitted that one of his former players and current GA personally witnessed the rape of a child and told him about it, yet he did not call the police. He told his AD and washed his hands of it. That is in the grand jury findings.

I hate to make a personal attack, but you are too stupid to even deal with.

He is great... at covering up pedophilia for at least 13 years if not longer.

He's also great at getting the naive to continue to support him.

Here's a hint to the naive: covering up the actions of a pedophile means you're ******* evil and you might as well have been raping those children yourself.

Jo Pa had a positive effect on tens of thousands of people which is tens of thousands more than everyone on this board.

Unfortunately, he made a mistake that could have prevented a negative effect on a select few individuals.

His mistake was a big one, but no one is perfect. As time passes, he will still be remembered as a legend and a great ambassador of the game.

You are wrong, he will first and foremost be remembered as a hypocrite and an enabler to a pedophile.

Quit being so ignorant. Read the grand jury report and what JoPa himself has said. He testified that mcqueary told him he had seen an innappropriate act between sandusky and a little boy. With the prior incident in '98 with Sandusky, JoPa had to believe something like that could happen. He didn't report the child abuse to the police, and did not follow up after nothing happened for years. His morals have been shot down.

His mistake was a big one, but no one is perfect. As time passes, is mistake will never be forgotten, but he will still be remembered as a legend and a great ambassador of the game.

And the number of individuals who he could have saved from being "negatively effected" is more than anyone on this board.

How am I stupid about this, just cause I believe Joe should have the opportunity to tell what happend? I get the gravity of the situation, I do. And I read the report, I just dong think alot of s**t being said about him should be said, cuz we don't know what he really knew. And I'm not the only one that feels this way.

How he is remembered is how people choose to remember him. When you look at his entire body of work, I think the majority of people will still consider Joe Paterno a legend 20 years from now.

1. As a veteran on this board on veterans day I'm gonna say you're welcome to you Brian and every other ******bag (thousands) like you.

2. "negative effect" ??? It ruined their ****ing lives. How many considered or attempted suicide?

Paterno's legacy is failure.

How am I stupid about this, just cause I believe Joe should have the opportunity to tell what happend? I get the gravity of the situation, I do. And I read the report, I just dong think alot of s**t being said about him should be said, cuz we don't know what he really knew. And I'm not the only one that feels this way.

He testified under oath! He already told everyone what he knew and wishes he would have done more. How can you not get that through your head?

He had nine freaking years to tell what happened yet he said nothing. If he's so cluless and inept that he really didn't know and didn't make the effort to find out more then he needed to be fired for being seriously incompetent.

Latest posts