Is a 20 Win Season Possible for Iowa Next Year???

Seemed like just the season before last we couldnt garner any fan interest on the message boards to talk about basketball in December, it's nice to see some interest and optimism in June.

This thread makes me want to go streaking. And yes, I'll take 20 wins and be happy no matter the SOS in 2011. But the instate rival games and Creighton keep it far from a cake walk. ISU might work themselves in a top 25 team themselves.

I can see 10 to 12 wins before the Big Ten season. Iowa State, Creighton and Clemson would be the obstacles. I think we will win four more games in the Big Ten than last year. We have a very good chance of winning the close ones we lost last year. The experience gained playing teams that had more experience, talent, athleticism and size will pay out this year. We should be able to continue to play the way we did at the end of the season, but better with the new recruits. Fran is starting to load the deck with winning cards.

:)

What post season? Certainly not the NIT and most BCS conferences strongly suggest that teams not play in the CBI or CIT.

You mean like Oregon, who won the CBI?

Surely Iowa's isn't above Oregon in terms of turning down an invite...

Iowa can certainly win 20 games next year. With the four new players and the ability for Iowa to utilize depth. Iowa also has size on the frontline to matchup with the bigger teams, minus OSU. Iowa actually has a pretty versatile roster, yes there are some unproven players, at the college level anyway. Look at this lineup to matchup to the size of a Minnesota: Cartwright-Hubbard-White-Basabe-Olaseni...I like our chances there, given the three newbies come into their own. Playing against smaller teams put Iowa in a good position as well, with the players they can run on the floor, Cartwright-Gatens-Oglesby-White-Basabe, insert other players like May and Marble in any position they can also play, same with Brommer/Archie/McCabe.
The Iowa roster is shaping up nicely and it will be very fun to watch them this year, with the overall roster, it appears Iowa is getting closer to imposing its will on other teams. There were times Iowa was able to accomplish that, but going into the dry spells in the shooting department, it was only at times.

Last edited:
That's the way I see it Sportstalent. Versitility is the name of the game this year, and the sooner the new recruits learn the system, the better we will be. It is hard to forget the dreaded dry spells. There should be very few of them this year. We shall see. One positive thing about the dry spells was the ability to come back and make a game of it, most of the time. The added incoming scoring threats will benefit everyone on the team. Can't wait for the PTL this year. I was enthused this time last year, and even more so this year. Things are looking up.

That is an interesting point and a good one at that. New coach at Oregon and an opportunity to get the young kids more playing time against competition, can't see what would be bad about that.

Hijacking threads? At least our moderator is not a little pu$$y who bans people the first time they suggest anything negative...and most of the time, the comments don't even have to be negative to be banned by your little pu$$y moderator.

So yes, you can "hijack" our threads but just remember that anything you say means absolutely nothing. Also remember that you are just another clown in a very small unsuccessful clown community. You clowns are like flies--you sh!t on everything, and are just a general nuisance.
:eek:

Like I said, most conferences have strongly suggested that their teams not play in a tournament below the NIT. The Pac 10 has been the only BCS conference to allow its teams to participate in the CBI after the first year of the tournament. Oregon St. and Oregon are the only teams that I can remember playing in those lower tournaments from BCS leagues, while there have been many teams who have been eligible. There is no record requirement that I know of so Iowa could have played in the CBI or CIT this season if they really wanted to.

That's the way I see it Sportstalent. Versitility is the name of the game this year, and the sooner the new recruits learn the system, the better we will be. It is hard to forget the dreaded dry spells. There should be very few of them this year. We shall see. One positive thing about the dry spells was the ability to come back and make a game of it, most of the time. The added incoming scoring threats will benefit everyone on the team. Can't wait for the PTL this year. I was enthused this time last year, and even more so this year. Things are looking up.
You are right on here. I think the scoring droughts will be less this year given that everyone has played a full season together. The new players have the chance to see big minutes right away. I think we see a 10 or 11 man rotation in the preseason and 8-9 in the conference.