Iowa's prize recruit having second thoughts?

As much as it would help ISU if he goes elsewhere, I wanna see Iowa's best players stay in the state.

What ever he decides to do I can't blame him. What great player wouldn't like to be on a team who every year has a chance to play on a national championship team with all the national exposure. If we only nave four wins this upcoming season then my guess is he is gone. I don't anticipate only having four wins but there are some who think four or five wins are a possibility.

Though I had a good hunch Adam Woodnury would stick with his desire to be a hawkeye, there is a big difference between basketball and football as far as impact that one player can make on a program unless your a very gifted QB or running back. I hope he sticks with his commitment to Iowa and one thing Iowa does have over Bama is how long they have been recruiting him. It is concerning the comment made about the recent lack of direct contact other than letters from the Iowa coaching staff.

Last edited:
Yet we have two current commits that were offered by Stanford.

I work with a couple different Orthopedic Surgeons from the U. I asked one of them on Wednesday about Dr. Amendola helping out with the recruitment of Matt Nelson. He said that Dr. Amendola even took him into surgery with him. Pretty cool of him to go out of his way like that. Dr. Amendola is a renowned Orthopedic Surgeon. That had to be a very cool experience for a kid who wants to be a Dr. someday.

Not saying Stanford didn't offer the same thing. However, it isn't as black and white as it may seem. Stanford is an outstanding school, but Iowa has a lot to offer as well. The people here are a huge plus in my opinion.

I work with a couple different Orthopedic Surgeons from the U. I asked one of them on Wednesday about Dr. Amendola helping out with the recruitment of Matt Nelson. He said that Dr. Amendola even took him into surgery with him. Pretty cool of him to go out of his way like that. Dr. Amendola is a renowned Orthopedic Surgeon. That had to be a very cool experience for a kid who wants to be a Dr. someday.

Not saying Stanford didn't offer the same thing. However, it isn't as black and white as it may seem. Stanford is an outstanding school, but Iowa has a lot to offer as well. The people here are a huge plus in my opinion.

Actually Black and Gold!!!!!! Couldn't resist that one. :) GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!

I don't know how someone could visit Bama and walk away saying...yeah, I think I'll go to Iowa.

I don't know how anyone could talk to Sabah look at his history and pick kf. If you aren't a die hard hawk fan Iowa wins between 4-6 games again. Tough to pick Iowa

Well, if he went on this forum and people might be calling him a thug or questioning why we can't get 4-5 star I'd question why I'd be a Hawk. Stars don't mean a whole hell of a lot. Some of our best players weren't many. How many was Dwight?

You can't blame him for taking visits to other schools. Think of your own career ... if a couple of the big dogs knock on your door and ask you to come check out what they have to offer why would you not check it out. He is 17/18 years old. He will never have this opportunity again to weigh his options. Sure, I hope he stays committed to the Hawks but if he opts to go to Stanford or Alabama you can't find fault in that. I honestly think he will remain a Hawk but and on the flip side, I think he would be missing an opportunity to not visit Stanford and Alabama. Life is way too short -- you have to make the most of the opportunities in front of you. What an honor to be courted by the top program in the country in Alabama. Says a lot about his talents.

You can't blame him for taking visits to other schools. Think of your own career ... if a couple of the big dogs knock on your door and ask you to come check out what they have to offer why would you not check it out. He is 17/18 years old. He will never have this opportunity again to weigh his options. Sure, I hope he stays committed to the Hawks but if he opts to go to Stanford or Alabama you can't find fault in that. I honestly think he will remain a Hawk but and on the flip side, I think he would be missing an opportunity to not visit Stanford and Alabama. Life is way too short -- you have to make the most of the opportunities in front of you. What an honor to be courted by the top program in the country in Alabama. Says a lot about his talents.

Bingo. This is a 17 yr-old kid with great opportunities in front of him. It would be a shame if he didn't explore them. If KFz has the program in the right place... Ross will end up in Iowa City.

I have spent some time in Alabama. Seems like a great place to win a national championship. That being said, I can't think of many places worse to live.

While I am not gonna go that far, it's definitely a different culture down there. Heck, you don't have to drive but eight hours from Iowa to experience a different culture and the south just isn't for everyone, even though there are parts of it that I really like a lot and some of the nicest people I have ever met live there.

Figuratively and literally, Alabama is a long, long way from Iowa...it all depends on the person s well as to how much they get exposed to stuff OFF campus.

I don't understand this line of logic. How is visiting other schools "an opportunity"? That's like saying visiting a skin bar is "an opportunity" to cheat on your wife.

I don't understand this line of logic. How is visiting other schools "an opportunity"? That's like saying visiting a skin bar is "an opportunity" to cheat on your wife.
Remember, Just because you're on a diet, it doesn't mean you can't look at the menu!

Latest posts