Iowa's "Lack of Talent"

Just curious if your love affair with the program was still as tried and true after the Michigan game ... Was curious if the blinders came off, maybe for even a minute? ... We have a Big 10 team with MAC talent ... This is not an athletic team by Big 10 standards ... Wake up

Nope, I like the Top 6 on this team. I like their talent a lot.
When someone not in the Top 6 gets 20+ min of PT, something's up.

Iowa just doesn't match up well with UM. Not one bit.
It's the same talent that stayed with MSU, that was leading OSU throughout much of the game (yes, Iowa was beating OSU, the same OSU team that beat Minny by 25+ pts).

Talent is there, just not enough of it (body-wise).

I haven't been following the basketball threads enough...and I'm sure this has been covered...but are we still pretending as though we had a legitimate shot at beating OSU?

I was at the Ohio St game and what I saw was a lackluster performance by tOSU that could only partly be attributed to Iowa's defense and style of play (IMO that was a very small part of it). We also didn't appear to be tired at the end of the game to me.

At about the 5 minute mark...I think it was around 4:20...there was a timeout and my friend was watching Thad Matta's lips and said he just told them that they have 5 minutes to go out there and win this game.

After that timeout they stepped it up...it wasn't their decision to change up their defense...it was their decision that it was winning time.

Had they been pressing us and playing that hard all game they would have run us out of the gym. If the teams we are playing in basketball this year took the same mentality as the Iowa wrestling squad...this team would be getting beat by 40 every time out.

Our talent is ok...but lets not pretend like they're anything more than the record states they are. The wins and losses accurately describe this team.

Latest posts