Iowa's Hoop Problems

Things change quickly in basketball. Given their current roster, and what they've got coming in next year, then Kmajhawk's comment is not that far-fetched.

So one good year and now Michigan is a machine which will always reload and never fall off? Got it.

This does not get mentioned enough, I think you should bring this up more often.

You are totally redeeming yourself from your 2010 football predictions.

Did you know he also correctly predicted that the 2008 Iowa football roster would have the most NFL players of any team in Iowa history?

#themoreyouknow

This made me laugh. There will just be new parts to insert into the machines; Michigan and OSU will always be tough.

My point is I believe our team will be able to close the gap next year regardless of if that is due to them dropping off some or us getting better.

My point is I believe our team will be able to close the gap next year regardless of if that is due to them dropping off some or us getting better.

Was not ridiculing you; merely pointing out it is far easier for tOSU and Michigan to reload with athletes than it is for Iowa. It is difficult to envision much of a drop-off for them, irregardless of which players leave at the end of this season.

Was not ridiculing you; merely pointing out it is far easier for tOSU and Michigan to reload with athletes than it is for Iowa. It is difficult to envision much of a drop-off for them, irregardless of which players leave at the end of this season.

I think you're vastly underestimating how good Trey Burke is. Losing a pg like that makes a major difference.

the schedule "eases up" from here on out.....I predict 10 more wins....and only losing at Minn & at Indiana

Iowa could be a Top 3 B1G team next year. The potential is there.

Humm... Who is the consistent dribble drive/scoring threat wing that they are getting?

Iowa actually has a lot of very good role players but no stud. There are two ways of thinking, 1. all players improve next year and their ball movement/experience makes up for not having a play making player or 2. Iowa stays about the same and loses some games just because they don't have a stud to make plays and teams with studs eek out close wins becuase they have a stud who makes big plays when you need them.

Humm... Who is the consistent dribble drive/scoring threat wing that they are getting?

Iowa actually has a lot of very good role players but no stud. There are two ways of thinking, 1. all players improve next year and their ball movement/experience makes up for not having a play making player or 2. Iowa stays about the same and loses some games just because they don't have a stud to make plays and teams with studs eek out close wins becuase they have a stud who makes big plays when you need them.

Iowa is a Top 6/7 B1G this season (or there about).
The 3 freshmen get a year under their belt.
Uthoff is eligible, Jok arrives, May only loss.

Michigan and Indiana will lose some studs, prob not enough to really hurt them too badly.

Marble will have to step his game up and be that wing, even though I don't think it's that important.
College basketball is a guard-oriented sport.

it comes down to young players on the road....it's gonna be up and down. Hang in there hawk fans.

Iowa is a Top 6/7 B1G this season (or there about).
The 3 freshmen get a year under their belt.
Uthoff is eligible, Jok arrives, May only loss.

Michigan and Indiana will lose some studs, prob not enough to really hurt them too badly.

Marble will have to step his game up and be that wing, even though I don't think it's that important.
College basketball is a guard-oriented sport.

I think Gesell and Clemmons will both make big strides next season. Especially Gesell's outside shooting, he's got a good stroke, he just seems to rush it at times. I'm sure the game will slow down a little for him next season.

Michigan will be good without Trey Burke, but he makes that team go. You can't lose a guy like that and not miss a beat.

I agree. Iowa has great role players but we have been missing the two superstar/studs that great teams need to have.

Iowa will probably lose at least two games they supposedly are supposed to win and win one they are not supposed to win.

I don't disagree, and Iowa's record of 13-6 and 2-4 are exactly what I predicted them to be at this juncture, back in October. Given their schedule the rest of the way, I think they have a chance of being 9-9 which is what I thought they could be. I am more thinking of where things are this year and what areas need to improve for next year so that Iowa is not a bubble watch team, and three point shooting is def one area.

After Frazier went down you said 10-8 was your prediction.....check the tape. ;)

Look for this team to do better the second half of the season. Last night against OSU they dug themselves out of a hole, whereas against Michigan, they dug the hole deeper. A sign of growth in my estimation. Avoiding digging the hole in the first place, Michigan did the same thing against OSU, would be great. The poor shooting maybe more of a confidence factor than the lack of ability. I'm reminded that this is mostly a team of under-classmen.

Iowa didn't shoot free throws well. Iowa didn't shoot well, period. tOSU was also obviously so much more athletic than Iowa.

I'm not sure it's kosher to single out players, but I'm gonna, here.

Every time White powers to the basket and he's contested, he gets his shot swatted back into his face. Because of, he's been trying awkward, circus-like shots that might as well be Iowa turnovers. White should put on more muscle, practice low post moves more, or practice his outside shot more. He's not doing any very well.

White is a 3 that starts as a 4.

Latest posts