~Iowa's 2019 NCAA Resume Quadrant Breakdown~

First thing I notice is that Lunardi has Nevada as a #1 seed, but they are #28 in the NET rankings. So who's full of beans? :)

Nevada just got blown the eff out by 27 points to the New Mexico Fighting Alfords on Sunday so that's a pretty bad loss.

Also it looks like Nevada only has 1 Q1 win on the year (Utah State) based on current rankings and they only have 1 more chance to get another Q1 win the rest of the regular season. My math on all this could be wrong but its at least close

Nevada just got blown the eff out by 27 points to the New Mexico Fighting Alfords on Sunday so that's a pretty bad loss.

Also it looks like Nevada only has 1 Q1 win on the year (Utah State) based on current rankings and they only have 1 more chance to get another Q1 win the rest of the regular season. My math on all this could be wrong but its at least close

Ah ok. I don't follow near as close as I used to.

Guess Lunardi will have to be updating his bracketology. Sounds like he might have had them a little high to begin with, though.. Pretty soft resume from the sound of it.

Ah ok. I don't follow near as close as I used to.

Guess Lunardi will have to be updating his bracketology. Sounds like he might have had them a little high to begin with, though.. Pretty soft resume from the sound of it.

Ya the NET rankings are just based on what has happened so far. The season's only half over and the lesser conferences have a lot less "quality" games left

Damn Oregon and UConn!!!!
Fortunately we don't need their help if we handle our business. We have 16 games left and 14 are Quadrant 1 or 2. If we deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament we can play our way in over the course of the conference season.

Fortunately we don't need their help if we handle our business. We have 16 games left and 14 are Quadrant 1 or 2. If we deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament we can play our way in over the course of the conference season.

Well considering this is coming from someone who is still projecting 12 wins, HECK YEAH! :)

If Iowa wins that many games in conference not only will they be IN the tournament but it will also come with a decent seed.

Last Updated: 1/9/19
  • Added some color to make it easier to read the quadrants.
  • Updated for games through 1/8/19
  • Also changed the title so I can update the first post as the season continues.

This is great data to have and quite reassuring too. Going by the data, we have 16 games left, 11 against quadrant 1 and 5 against quadrants 2 and 3. If we win at our current rate of 40% for the quadrant 1 games and 100% of quadrants 2 and 3, we'll be at 10.4 conference wins and 9.6 conference losses. I think 10-10 gets us solidly into the tournament. I'm still nervous as heck for the rest of the conference though. Especially that stretch of Michigan State (Home), Minnesota (Away), Michigan (Home), Indiana (Away). That's just brutal. If we end up 3-5 after our next 4, it could turn into 3-9 really quick.

Well considering this is coming from someone who is still projecting 12 wins, HECK YEAH! :)

If Iowa wins that many games in conference not only will they be IN the tournament but it will also come with a decent seed.
I guess my point is that if we win more than 10 conference games we will be in the tournament...won't matter what our non conference opponents do. If we can't win at least 10 conference games are we really worthy of a bid?

I guess my point is that if we win more than 10 conference games we will be in the tournament...won't matter what our non conference opponents do. If we can't win at least 10 conference games are we really worthy of a bid?

Yes, I think 9-11 in the B1G on top of their non conference makes them worthy. This is the toughest I can remember the B1G in awhile. My opinion means less than nothing to the NCAA selection committee but the PAC 12 is way, way down, worst I've ever seen it. So maybe there will be some spots, normally taken up by middle of the road PAC 12 teams, could go to conferences like the B1G.

Yes, I think 9-11 in the B1G on top of their non conference makes them worthy. This is the toughest I can remember the B1G in awhile. My opinion means less than nothing to the NCAA selection committee but the PAC 12 is way, way down, worst I've ever seen it. So maybe there will be some spots, normally taken up by middle of the road PAC 12 teams, could go to conferences like the B1G.

It'll definitely be interesting to follow. Makes you wonder what the selection committee would rather see for what makes up the 8-8 finish you are suggesting. Would they rather see Iowa take care of business in quad 2 & 3 games or drop a few of those and replace them with a couple more quad 1 wins? I would think they would rather see the latter and overlook the blemishes due to having more key wins.

Now that they have gone to a 20 game conference schedule don't be surprised to see 9-11 or even 8-12 record teams reach the tournament when the conference is strong. With 68 teams reaching the tournament don't be surprised if Iowa isn't at least on the bubble if they finish 8-12 (19-12 overall). They would probably need to win a game or two in the BTT to get in.

Andy Katz has predicted that ten teams from the B1G will make the dance.

Our experience alone should make us one of those ten.

The coaching on the other hand....???

So I’m assimimg the quadrant ranking is fluid for each team? If so, Nebby ain’t gonna be a 1 by March.