Iowa Will Beat Michigan, Here's Why?

Well, I think a Kinnick night game is a little more daunting then playing at Rutgers. I remember what happened to an undefeated and top 3 PSU team coming into Kinnick.

Night game at Kinnick is not going to make the difference or a difference. Iowa alone should be the difference. But I digress... We are just not that good, and "thats football".

Funny thing about Jimmy Harbaugh is he is a winner no matter how much people say they don't like him. If he came here and had us playing like Michigan has so far this year, no one would complain and better yet, people would love him.

Funny thing about Jimmy Harbaugh is he is a winner no matter how much people say they don't like him. If he came here and had us playing like Michigan has so far this year, no one would complain and better yet, people would love him.

Well, we know Barta would be fine with him touring the world to spread the joy of football.

On second thought, scratch that, it wasn't fair. I expect Barta would want to bring the world to IC instead. Its only money!

This game will be the Penn St 2008 game. They are playing Peppers way to much and it will cost them. We know how hard MSU hits and I see them putting him down when Coach tries to use him to much. I don't want any player hurt but will they wear him out to much trying to get him that Heisman? I think so.

Michigan state actually is worse than Iowa this year, which makes this outcome unlikely.

I'm so torn on Michigan. I can't stand Harbaugh and feel he's nothing more than a personality at a school that recruits for itself. That said, he's had results and they are playing incredibly well. Part of me tells me this will continue and another part of me tells me that it'll come crashing back to reality soon (similar to us). That said I've said over and over that this conference year in and year out has one legitimate NC contender and to even be in the talk Michigan has to win their division. That said, they are playing out of their minds and at this point in the season I don't think its far fetched to say that the Big Ten has 2 of the top 4 teams in the nation.

I have a friend who was a grad assistant under harbaugh at Stanford and said he was a complete ass. He had no ability to communicate with anyone other than his players and couldn't speak about any topic other than football. He was a players coach, but didn't play well with assistants, administration, athletic staff or media.

Basically he said, harbaugh is a football genius and a social retard

I have a friend who was a grad assistant under harbaugh at Stanford and said he was a complete ass. He had no ability to communicate with anyone other than his players and couldn't speak about any topic other than football. He was a players coach, but didn't play well with assistants, administration, athletic staff or media.

You think Michiganders will care after the past number of years? Not for while.

Tell that to the kid that he had a sleepover in his bedroom with.

You almost wonder if Kirk will subconsciously develop a game plan that gives us no way to win but keeps the score fairly respectable, a la 31-16 .

Well, I think a Kinnick night game is a little more daunting then playing at Rutgers. I remember what happened to an undefeated and top 3 PSU team coming into Kinnick.

You're really going to compare the Iowa team that beat PSU to this Iowa team? The difference in talent is staggering.

You're really going to compare the Iowa team that beat PSU to this Iowa team? The difference in talent is staggering.
Where exactly did I say I was comparing this current Iowa team to that Iowa team? My point is anything can happen at Kinnick.....especially at night.

A lot of these games against Michigan are low scoring games. Iowa's defense plays well even if scoring touchdowns is a challenge Iowa gets a lot of fieldgoals. I predict another 12-10 or 9-7 win for Iowa.

My point is anything can happen at Kinnick.....especially at night.

The problem is, since that game "anything" has not been good. Remember the next year when Northwestern limped in w/ 4 losses to face the undefeated top 10 Hawks*? Remember 2 games just a few weeks ago?

*aka the last really good Iowa team and yes that includes last year

The problem is, since that game "anything" has not been good. Remember the next year when Northwestern limped in w/ 4 losses to face the undefeated top 10 Hawks*? Remember 2 games just a few weeks ago?

*aka the last really good Iowa team and yes that includes last year

Say what you want, but last years record indicates last years team was really good. May be not great, but even with the schedule they had they still beat all the teams on it in the regular season. Really mediocre/good teams don't go 12-0 regardless of who they play.

This will be a closer game than people outside of the state will expect. We play everyone close (minus the last 2 bowl games) whether they are a good team or not. If we can just get a pick 6 or special teams TD we can win

Latest posts