Iowa was a few plays away from being 9-3 Last season...seriously

ST Have not been good for several years. That is on KF, OK ? But on that play do you really think a Jr does not know he is suppose to recover the ball not run away from it ? He learned that in Jr High Your hatred for KF makes you seem less than credible. If you want to win people to your point of view. Be objective.

Lasbur, I don't really think you believe that Ooth hates kf. It's obvious he hates the way he coaches. But he hates kf the man? Come on.

FreedComanche

OK Good point. Poor choice of words on my part. Im sorry. But I still say being objective would help in taking his point of view more series.
Lasbur, I don't really think you believe that Ooth hates kf. It's obvious he hates the way he coaches. But he hates kf the man? Come on.

FreedComanche

ST Have not been good for several years. That is on KF, OK ? But on that play do you really think a Jr does not know he is suppose to recover the ball not run away from it ? He learned that in Jr High Your hatred for KF makes you seem less than credible. If you want to win people to your point of view. Be objective.

Actually, IIRC, it was Krieger Coble who stepped away from the kick. And to his defense the ball was kicked I between him and another player (possibly CJF). But that doesn't excuse the play either way.

Regardless, I think OoTH is belaboring the point on this one play to help make his case for not liking KirFer.
Move on, new argument... Please.

Some Iowa fans think Iowa's defense works well in today's collegiate scene. Some Iowa fans must think Wisconsin's offense is 3 running plays, and when way behind, some errant pass plays. Some Iowa fans must think Michigan's offense is 3 running plays with, on occasion, more effect passing than Wisconsin's. Wait, some Iowa fans must think Michigan's offense is a spread offense with a QB who can't pass effectively, and can't take punishment. Some Iowa fans must think Iowa State's offense is conventional. That Iowa State's QB is Austen Arnaud. One who could be counted on throwing an interception. Iowa's defense might've been good, but Iowa's opponents' offense might've also been inept. How does Iowa's defense stack up against a more proficient offense?

Last edited:
How does Iowa's defense stack up against a more proficient offense?

Well, they've always had difficulty with an offense that has a good running/passing qb. But the argument against this is, "what defense doesn't have difficulty with that kinda qb?".

I would say any defense would have problems with that type of offense and that the only way you have successs against that offense is to have good D talent.

Simplistic, I know. But football really isn't as complicated as many try to make it.

FreedComanche

So if we had more talent we would win more games ? AGREED !!!
Well, they've always had difficulty with an offense that has a good running/passing qb. But the argument against this is, "what defense doesn't have difficulty with that kinda qb?".

I would say any defense would have problems with that type of offense and that the only way you have successs against that offense is to have good D talent.

Simplistic, I know. But football really isn't as complicated as many try to make it.

FreedComanche

Some Iowa fans think Iowa's defense works well in today's collegiate scene. Some Iowa fans must think Wisconsin's offense is 3 running plays, and when way behind, some errant pass plays. Some Iowa fans must think Michigan's offense is 3 running plays with, on occasion, more effect passing than Wisconsin's. Wait, some Iowa fans must think Michigan's offense is a spread offense with a QB who can't pass effectively, and can't take punishment. Some Iowa fans must think Iowa State's offense is conventional. That Iowa State's QB is Austen Arnaud. One who could be counted on throwing an interception. Iowa's defense might've been good, but Iowa's opponents' offense might've also been inept. How does Iowa's defense stack up against a more proficient offense?

Some trolls think they are effective.

So are Iowa fans that argue with ISU fans not credible because they hate ISU? Does liking kirk make you more credible on this topic?

Actually, IIRC, it was Krieger Coble who stepped away from the kick. And to his defense the ball was kicked I between him and another player (possibly CJF). But that doesn't excuse the play either way.

Regardless, I think OoTH is belaboring the point on this one play to help make his case for not liking KirFer.
Move on, new argument... Please.

No the problem is kirk fans say the same thing in Kirks defense then when given the same reply by those who dont like kirk they say stop repeating yourself.

Plus I said special teams and Winonethiscentury said stop talking about onside kicks. Well there have been more problems than just onside kicks but thats where his mind went.

Winonethiscentury said he was gonna go tell on me if I didnt stop talking about onside kicks. The quote he responded to doesnt say anything about onside kicks. He also keeps saying that Kirks teams are mentally prepared. Well onside kicks(because there have been many) are one of the biggest points of players not being mentally prepared. So he can say they are mentally prepared but if I say onside kicks then he gonna tell on me......its just not fair that I keep using the same defense to his argument.

Its also funny that you use the word hate with me. I have not called anyone a name and I think for the most part Ive been respectful to those that I argue with. Ive also given kirk credit for his non gameday coaching, and his coachs that he has hired recently and there success in recruiting. Dont tell that to Deanvogs though. Even though Ive given kirk credit for those things he still can read it in my post. His eyes refuse to see some words I type.

And for using the word hate I am sorry. It was out of line
Its also funny that you use the word hate with me. I have not called anyone a name and I think for the most part Ive been respectful to those that I argue with. Ive also given kirk credit for his non gameday coaching, and his coachs that he has hired recently and there success in recruiting. Dont tell that to Deanvogs though. Even though Ive given kirk credit for those things he still can read it in my post. His eyes refuse to see some words I type.

"If I was really too stupid for you to have an argument with you would have just stopped posting. Quote"

This is the most intelligent thing you have said. I will stop posting.

Wrong again you had to take one last shot at me before you could walk away. Trying to let everyone know that you are better than this. Giving everyone your reasoning as to why you dont have to respond anymore.

Do you know you dont need to post that you are not posting anymore?

Wrong again you had to take one last shot at me before you could walk away. Trying to let everyone know that you are better than this. Giving everyone your reasoning as to why you dont have to respond anymore.

Perhaps the most intelligent thing posted in an otherwise rather vacuous thread. Lots of posts, not much content.

Hey Forrest,

Stupid is as stupid does. Even when I try to tell you that you actually had an intelligent thought, you can't accept it. Granted, you have said nothing even remotely intelligent about football, but there's hope for you. Sorry, I can't lie, there isn't.

Hey Forrest,

Stupid is as stupid does. Even when I try to tell you that you actually had an intelligent thought, you can't accept it. Granted, you have said nothing even remotely intelligent about football, but there's hope for you. Sorry, I can't lie, there isn't.

Hey thought you were done with me like five post ago? Nope you have to keep coming back to insult me more. Do you find yourself more intelligent when you call somebody a name? Do you think that just calling me stupid makes you win an argument?

I now understand how you can think that Kirks teams are mentally prepared.

Now do you want to talk football anymore or are you out of info?