Iowa vs. Missouri in the Music City Bowl Dec. 30

99topdawg

EptXcVMXIAsMSCa

I like this! It’s a new destination and it’s socially conscious to support the TransPerfect

They're 50/50 run/pass
QB has 6 TD and 7INT
They average 3.9 yards per carry
They average 402 YPG of total offense
They give up 162 yards rushing per game
They give up 407 YPG of total offense
They have given up 35 or more points in 7 of their 10 games (They held Kentucky, South Carolina and Vanderbilt to less than 35)

Ugh. I was hoping for a better opponent. It was a long shot, but I thought we had a legit chance at a New Year's Six bowl.

This game will be overlooked by most people that aren't fans of either team. I had to Google "TransPerfect" because I've never heard of that company.

I know we have had a few recruiting battles with Missouri over the years. I was hoping for a better bowl also. Go kick their butts grab the money and head home. Extra practices are always important.

If you watch UGA's game on youtube you'll see something. UGA's QB throws the ball to receivers who are apparently covered and they make a play. So far SP does not do that. THAT ALONE is the difference In my opinion. If SP sits back and waits for "open receivers" it will be a long day.

Hawks get shafted because Indiana is a coward. They are the ones who should have been punished with the Music City Bowl, not the Hawks. It wouldn’t be so bad if we had drawn a good opponent......but instead we get 5-5 Missouri.

We get a crap bowl and a 3 loss ISU gets a NY6 bowl.

Insanity.

And this is the best Barta could muster up for his own college? I would rather us be in 16 team playoff and get rolled by Alabama than play in this underwhelming bowl game. I suppose it does give more practice for next year.......

Last edited:
At this point, the selection committee has Iowa ranked 15th. We have a bowl game in a nice city against an opponent we should beat. We have a lot of practices to develop for 2021. We recovered to earn a nationally ranked position after two tough losses. We have one of our best classes for 2021. It appears we are in recovery mode from our experience with racial unrest, though we need to continue to progress. Given this nightmare that was 2020, I am really proud of our football program. And, we are in for a very exciting basketball season as icing on the cake! Yeah. We deserved a better bowl.

If you watch UGA's game on youtube you'll see something. UGA's QB throws the ball to receivers who are apparently covered and they make a play. So far SP does not do that. THAT ALONE is the difference In my opinion. If SP sits back and waits for "open receivers" it will be a long day.

Do you mean UGA game against Mizzou?

Latest posts