Iowa vs. Missouri in the Music City Bowl Dec. 30

I don't blame the Citrus and the Outback taking Northwestern and Indiana over Iowa. After all this is the perfect year to take a school that doesn't travel well. They will only have a limited amount of tickets to sell and in future years they will be justified passing on a Northwestern because they just played in the Citrus Bowl.

Will be happy to watch it but hard to improve your resume (rankings) when playing an unranked.

Chance to make Hawkeye history with 4 consecutive bowl wins?

I started getting worried after not playing on Saturday, when even Minny who I thought was done for the season played, and nobody on the Big Network was talking about our potential bowl, then I saw nothing about us on Yahoo sports, figured we were not going to do well without our fans, guess I was right to worry.

Its a covid year. Asterisks all around. Hopefully 7-2 with a bowl streak and a top 15 ranking in non-covid 2021. Remember this year started out looking bleak just from a schedule standpoint, let alone 0-2 with Penn State (potential), Minnesota (potential), Nebraska (potential-STRETCH lol) and Wisconsin (potential) left on the schedule. A "not so bad" turn of events if you ask me. We're bowling.

Any other year, yeah, I'd be pissed.

This asterick year, I'm glad we're playing somewhere.

But still...we're more deserving than that dog shit bowl.

We deserve better, but this is a bizarre year and, really, let's face it - losing Purdue wasn't our best move in terms of landing a top notch bowl.

All that said, all reps are good reps at this point. I'm sure our coaches will make the most of it and squeeze a bit of extra development out of the guys.

I don't think Missouri is very good. If the same team that we watched go 6-0 shows up prepared and ready to play, we should be able to stomp them.

Its too bad this is 2020.

Nashville is a great city to spend four or five days. We ended up with our own personal Uber driver when we were there about seventeen months ago. He had tips for both good BBQ and pizza. Five Points Pizza on the east side of town was amazing.

Any opportunity to get a win and prove dominance over a border state is always fun. Doesn't hurt from a recruiting standpoint either. Biggest pisser is 3 00 on a weekday.

My worry is that you see it every year that several teams that expected to get a better bowl plays a team that is excited to get a bowl game and/or is excited to play a good team and the worse team wins. What a disappoint off season that would be.

Rittenberg has Hokks favored by two and a half touchdowns over the Misery Show-Me’s.

Attachments

• 34138AFC-3CF1-44BC-BEFE-AD20490CF695.jpeg
    34138AFC-3CF1-44BC-BEFE-AD20490CF695.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 5
My worry is that you see it every year that several teams that expected to get a better bowl plays a team that is excited to get a bowl game and/or is excited to play a good team and the worse team wins. What a disappoint off season that would be.
I don't think getting motivated will be an issue. Seven weeks ago they were looking at 0-2 in an epidemic shortened nightmare of a year. If they can get there without to many players missing they will be ready.

Before the season I think many of us were thinking 4-4 or 5-3. After our first two games I think a lot of us, myself included, saw a ceiling of 2 wins. At this point they are 6-2 (would be 7-2 if Michigan wasn't a bunch of pussies). Win the bowl game, finish top 15 and have momentum going into next season. I can't complain about that especially in this season that will have a huge asterisk by it.

If the Outback and Citrus like to switch things up and not invite teams over and over, we can sit this year out. Music City it is. :)

Hawks get shafted because Indiana is a coward. They are the ones who should have been punished with the Music City Bowl, not the Hawks. It wouldn’t be so bad if we had drawn a good opponent......but instead we get 5-5 Missouri.

We get a crap bowl and a 3 loss ISU gets a NY6 bowl.

Insanity.
Coastal Carolina at 11-0 is ranked 2 spots below ISU with 3 losses.
Coastal Carolina beat Louisiana Lafayette to win the Sunbelt. Louisiana, as you recall, pounded ISU in Ames.
The Sunbelt was 3-0 against the Big 12. and Here is the big kicker to illustrate how pathetic the Big 12 was and especially Oklahoma at the time ISU beat them.
Arkansas State won only 3 or 4 games this year but won AT Kansas State. The very next week, Kansas State won AT Oklahoma. Gary Barta and his band of misfits on the committee must not have watched any Big 12 games this year. 4-2 team (Oregon) in a New Years Six game? As the poster says, total insanity.

Latest posts