Iowa vs. Missouri in the Music City Bowl Dec. 30

Coastal Carolina at 11-0 is ranked 2 spots below ISU with 3 losses.
Coastal Carolina beat Louisiana Lafayette to win the Sunbelt. Louisiana, as you recall, pounded ISU in Ames.
The Sunbelt was 3-0 against the Big 12. and Here is the big kicker to illustrate how pathetic the Big 12 was and especially Oklahoma at the time ISU beat them.
Arkansas State won only 3 or 4 games this year but won AT Kansas State. The very next week, Kansas State won AT Oklahoma. Gary Barta and his band of misfits on the committee must not have watched any Big 12 games this year. 4-2 team (Oregon) in a New Years Six game? As the poster says, total insanity.
But I think each conference champion automatically gets a NY6 bowl game, that’s the only reason why Oregon is in a NY6 bowl.

I didn't want to start another Clown thread so I'm posting this here. Turns out the Clowns bowl bid had in impact on Iowa going to the Music City Bowl. The Fiesta Bowl was deciding between the Clowns and Indiana, had Indiana been selected then the Clowns would have ended up in the Alamo Bowl while Iowa would have went to the Outback.

I don’t get the uproar over the bowl game.

There’s no festivities, no activities for players, no vacation-type travel stuff for fans to do, and KF even said in his presser Saturday that it’s just a “business trip, in and out game.” It’s not even a real bowl game in the usual sense of the word.

What the hell are you people complaining about the bowl even complaining about???

Fly to Nashville, stomp Missouri into the ground, and fly home. It’s much needed practice time, another win on the record, and another chance for recruits to see Iowa win. Who gives a F where it’s at? You’re not gonna be able to make a vaca out of it anyway.

Nobody’s going to remember who won the Outback Bowl vs the Music City bowl in 2020. This whole year is a giant clusterfuck anyway, get it over with and move on to spring ball.

I think there will be a couple of starters out. Good opportunity for some younger guys to get game action.

I would guess ISM is out. There will probably be a few COVID-losses after the team was able to travel to see their families last week, and after the head coach tested positive.

I agree with you, good opportunity to get a head-start on the 2021 season. In particular, I would like to see Tracy Jr. get more snaps, along with some of the young WRs we have not really seen (C. Jones, Hutson).

It would also be fun to see some of next year's DL get more run (e.g. Black, Lee, Shannon), as well as some of the young guys in the back 7 (Jacobs, Roberts, Bracy, Harris).

I don’t get the uproar over the bowl game.

There’s no festivities, no activities for players, no vacation-type travel stuff for fans to do, and KF even said in his presser Saturday that it’s just a “business trip, in and out game.” It’s not even a real bowl game in the usual sense of the word.

What the hell are you people complaining about the bowl even complaining about???

Fly to Nashville, stomp Missouri into the ground, and fly home. It’s much needed practice time, another win on the record, and another chance for recruits to see Iowa win. Who gives a F where it’s at? You’re not gonna be able to make a vaca out of it anyway.

Nobody’s going to remember who won the Outback Bowl vs the Music City bowl in 2020. This whole year is a giant clusterfuck anyway, get it over with and move on to spring ball.
Only up side are the extra practices. I agree go fly to the game kick some Missouri ass and be happy with 7 wins in a crazy year.