Iowa vs Gonzaga Prediction Thread

Gonzaga

110-103 in regulation

The naysayers(including those in the fan base) realize Iowa is legit. They lose this game, but you realize this squad is definitely a player.

The O/U on this game will be insane. Adjusted for tempo, Gonzaga plays FASTER than Iowa does, and with the #1 and #2 adjusted offenses in the nation, something like 170 for an O/U is not out of the picture. I don't think Iowa pulls this one out, but it should be entertaining. Zags by 10, fueled by a late run.

The Gonzaga game is similar to ‘85 Michigan in football. Highly ranked and a highly anticipated game. However, still a lot of games after. A win would be great, but it’s not the B1G and not March.

They are much more skilled than North Carolina...but they also don't have 4 huge dudes to wear on Garza. It's going to be a really interesting game. Pew is a really really good coach. He will exploit our zone in ways it hasn't been. That being said...Timme hasn't seen anyone like Garza...who just keeps coming at you in a physical manner. We will need Nunge to play some serious minutes in this game...as they play two bigs alot.

Can wait...should just be a great college basketball game.

Hawks win their first buzzer beater of the season 103-102 on yet another JBO dagger from 25 feet to cap off his 23 point night, including 4 clutch free throws down the stretch. Iowa's all time 3 point leader adds another memorable moment for fans to cherish, pushing the Hawks to a number one ranking!

Fans enjoy the win and ranking, but lament his less than stellar defense the next day.

Hawks by 26. Zags come in cold, get down 30 at half. Make a small run to start the second, which Fran stops with a timeout. Backups outscore their starters in garbage time to expand the lead from 20 to 26.

So many factors could determine the outcome: Garza fouls, rebounding, shooting percentage, bench play, 3 point shooting, team fouls, FT shooting, turns, lane penetration by them, double/triple teaming Garza, his passing b/c of that, etc...
I do believe we will be more motivated than them!
They are ranked ahead of us and the #1 team in the country. Neutral site?
I have no clue have this one will play out. Go Hawks!

The O/U on this game will be insane. Adjusted for tempo, Gonzaga plays FASTER than Iowa does, and with the #1 and #2 adjusted offenses in the nation, something like 170 for an O/U is not out of the picture. I don't think Iowa pulls this one out, but it should be entertaining. Zags by 10, fueled by a late run.

Getting back on D is of vast importance this game

We might not be able to outscore them, otherwise

They are the best team I have seen since the Villanova National Championship teams 2016/18,

If the Sharpshooters are on, we have a solid chance of winning.

:cool:

Gonzaga by 13. I think this is one where the offense can't make up for the defensive and rebounding issues.

Fans enjoy the win and ranking, but lament his less than stellar defense the next day.
source.gif

Latest posts