Iowa vrs Maryland

One could get the impression that Hawkeye fans Hate Connor and Partrick

Has always been that way, and I really do not understand it at all

So it goes and GO HAWKS

He needs to shoot more. Some may be off balance. He is one of the most athletic on this team. 6’9”. Can drive to the basket, can shoot the three. Stamina still an issue.
The kid is very talented but those off balance shots are not his thing. He very seldom if ever makes those. He needs to square up to the basket before he shoots it or drive right to the basket. I loved the aggressive move toward the basket even if he did miss the slam dunk.

So yes I agree with you he actually needs to take more shots but not those off balance shots.

Actually, JBo's three free throws in the last minute or so

Sealed the win

There is not another player on the team that I would rather shoot free throws
with the game on the line

Last edited:
The students being on break is not a good excuse as to why it was so quiet or all the empty seats. Mackey Arena looked full and loud in the game before Iowa’s, their students are on break.
Oh. Now I understand. The comparison between the crowds at Iowa and Purdue is of great importance, with Purdue losing and Iowa winning. Damn. I sure am glad Iowa didn’t have a big crowd like Purdue. The good news is that you had lots of company in the race to pile up dumb posts.

Yeah but that was after my comment. I also commented half joking around that it was like he was responding to my comments and suddenly played a valuable part. At the time of my comment not so much.
Just keep digging, D.

Iowa going to hopefully win tonight. I just don’t see more than 6 Big Ten wins. Why because Fran these type of line up right now is so damn funky!!!

it’s crunch time and Connor is on court and Jbo sucks at D is on the court that just redonkulous!!!
Is there an echo in this post?

Gotta give Fran some credit for recruiting

Garza: Player of the Year 20/21 season

First Team All American 2019/20 season

Keegan: potential First Team All American this season

Just so you geniuses will know: Iowa was on big trouble offensively and was behind late in the game. We looked like we were going to lose. Fran put Connor in and told him to run the O. Iowa went up 9 with that lineup. Then Connor took charge of breaking MD’s late press. Got the ball in JBO’s hands and he made 5 of 6 FT’s. Iowa wins. Do you guys ever really watch the games? No, you don’t. You must just sit in your mother’s basement and repeat the same crap about the players and coaches. Go away. Thanks.

Not sure who said it but this is one of the more athletic teams i can remember. I get excited with the "underdog have to scrap for a NCAA berth" mentality.
This team has the potential to play defense, I will enjoy watching that too, i always feel like when we need the big stop the teams in the past give up a wide open layup, jump shot or 3. Hopefully with more athletic players we can make the stop.
Fun win that we definitely needed to have to get in the win column. On to Kohl center on Friday night, that place will be rocking. Hope for a win, expect a decent showing, praying its not a blowout.

Not sure who said it but this is one of the more athletic teams i can remember. I get excited with the "underdog have to scrap for a NCAA berth" mentality.
This team has the potential to play defense, I will enjoy watching that too, i always feel like when we need the big stop the teams in the past give up a wide open layup, jump shot or 3. Hopefully with more athletic players we can make the stop.
Fun win that we definitely needed to have to get in the win column. On to Kohl center on Friday night, that place will be rocking. Hope for a win, expect a decent showing, praying its not a blowout.
Wisconsin may be ripe for a letdown after winning at Mackey. They have been inconsistent; winning the Maui, then struggling with covid and a couple non cons around Christmas, then winning big road test at Purdue.

Their heads may be in the clouds for a couple days. Just sayin'.

Just so you geniuses will know: Iowa was on big trouble offensively and was behind late in the game. We looked like we were going to lose. Fran put Connor in and told him to run the O. Iowa went up 9 with that lineup. Then Connor took charge of breaking MD’s late press. Got the ball in JBO’s hands and he made 5 of 6 FT’s. Iowa wins. Do you guys ever really watch the games? No, you don’t. You must just sit in your mother’s basement and repeat the same crap about the players and coaches. Go away. Thanks.
Man you sure are cranky after an Iowa win.

Booze-fueled, rapid-fire internet rants are never a good idea. I know you’ve got personal issues going on right now, but the better idea when you got to your motel room after the game would’ve been to go to bed instead of the bar. Be careful with that stuff; it’ll get ya. Seriously.

Man it saddens me that so few fans are going to games. I mean Murray isn't going to be there after this yr. Enjoy him while we have him cause nobody has anybody better. He's beyond legit. Inside outside runs the floor in transition. Just takes what the D gives him and plays within the flow of the game. He's so efficient and doesn't take bad shots. His shot selection is as impressive as anything he does.

I get it that the after 8 pm start times in the middle of the week sucks along with CHA not being the greatest environment but lets show out better then that when the weather allows. We had no homecourt advantage last night and that sure as hell would help.

Attended last nights' game and thought there might be 4000 there, but it could have been closer to 3000. The 8 oclock start, cold weather, and just after the new year probably a few reasons. I would guess some fans avoiding crowds for the obvious reason. That being said, Keegan is really good. He doesn't even look like he's trying that hard. One of the smoothest players I have ever watched. Joe T was so much better the second half. He was more aggressive and looked like he was intent on getting to the rim and scoring. Connor has a role. Control the tempo, defend, and has the ability to inbounds the ball as we are getting pressed. He does those things well. I can't figure out why some coach hasn't worked on his shot. It is flat. It needs to come off his finger tips more instead of off the palm of his hand. Perkins and Ulis looked their best when trying to attack the rim. Good win. Finally, beer is expensive there.